• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Ybarra VP at Xbox leaving Microsoft (Up: now exec VP and GM at Blizzard)

Pallas

Gold Member
Imagine if Spencer left. A lot of people would be on suicide watch.

Aye, I say the same about Cerny.
Probably an internal power-struggle!

He seemed like a nice guy, in fairness. Hope he gets a great job somewhere.... not Stadia.

He’s chill, to be fair this seemed more voluntary. Especially with Spencer responding to it, He will find somewhere quick, probably got burned out or needed time off.

Drive on by the thread, not in it- if this is all you have to contribute.
Abandoning the Titanic before the Iceberg (Next Xbox).

nikolino840

Sony breaking down, Microsoft breaking down.

THIS AIN'T NO TINFOIL HAT, WE ARE REACHING ANOTHER GAME CRASH, GRAB YOUR SHOVELS AND DROP YOUR SHOVELWARE.

vQMh2os.gif

Don Mattrick screwed the pooch for sure, but they've come a long way with not only turning Xbox around, but the Surface team has generated some sexy products and MS' Azure, W10 and Office 365 are completely sound products.
WTF did I just read, who buys an Xbox for Azure and Office 365? What are you on? That's the worst console wars list I have ever seen!

Phil came soon enough that he should have made a much bigger difference. Under his watch there has been no significant game release on xbox for the whole generation, the OS is still a shit show, and he keeps the core of Mattrick's vision alive - Games as a service + streaming - everything else is just distractions to keep you from seeing what they are really after.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
He has always talked about being a huge Blizzard fan. This was probably his dream job, current controversy aside.

Journey

Banned
WTF did I just read, who buys an Xbox for Azure and Office 365? What are you on? That's the worst console wars list I have ever seen!

Phil came soon enough that he should have made a much bigger difference. Under his watch there has been no significant game release on xbox for the whole generation, the OS is still a shit show, and he keeps the core of Mattrick's vision alive - Games as a service + streaming - everything else is just distractions to keep you from seeing what they are really after.

That was off topic talk about the health of MS as a company. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it lol.

Top Bottom