• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miley Cyrus taps Elton John, Chad Smith, and more for her Metallica covers album

teezzy

Banned
Miley-Elton-Chad.jpg

Miley first shared the news that she’s putting together a Metallica covers album back in October saying her inspiration has been “totally ignited.”...

Cyrus was taking part in an interview and revealed Elton John will be joining her on the record. “I did a Metallica cover of ‘Nothing Else Matters’ featuring Elton John on piano,” she said.

“I’ve got Yo-Yo Ma, Chad Smith; so many all-stars. I’m so excited about this collaboration. I’m really stoked. I love when ingredients don’t quite fit.” Miley added.

Elton John, Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, and legendary cellist Yo-Yo Ma on the same record? Only Miley could pull something like that off.

Sauce: https://www.radio.com/womc/news/miley-cyrus-taps-elton-john-and-more-for-her-metallica-album

I'll admit, dudes... I'm excited. Miley's latest album, Plastic Hearts, was a surprise favorite for me this year. I knew I was going to love that new Deftones, but to have a Miley Cyrus record, of all things, become my second favorite was not something I'd have anticipated happening. I've listened to Plastic Hearts nearly as much as Ohms at this point, and to hear she's working on a Metallica cover album compels me to now end. On top of that... she's singing Metallica alongside Elton John? Gtfo here

Sleep with one wrecking ball open, GAF. I smell my Album of the Year 2021

Jethalal

Banned
Have heard she's more miss than hit bro, keep your expectations in check otherwise you might be setting up yourself for disappointment.

Jethalal

Banned
Hey not a bad thing at all bro, but even Kanye dropped Jesus Is King, the disappointment still hurts.

teezzy

Banned

Breathtaking. WOW. I've not seen that

Straight up dude, she's a bad bitch with an old soul. So glad she got out of that weird "I'm no longer a Disney star let me do a bunch of drugs and stick my tongue out" phase. Her voice is incredible. That's one hell of a performer.

Wish she'd grow her hair out again and put some meat back on those thighs, but she's the real deal in every sense of the word. Her interview on Rogan was incredible. I'm so about it.

That performance is especially impressive. Thank you for posting that.

I'm a big fan at this point

bender

What time is it?
That Nothing Else Matters cover is atrocious and I like Miley. Her Summertime Sadness cover is god tier.

Pejo

Now that's a cursed thread title if I ever read one. I can't believe Miley Cyrus woke up one day and says "you know what I can bring to Metallica songs?"

bender

What time is it?
Now that's a cursed thread title if I ever read one. I can't believe Miley Cyrus woke up one day and says "you know what I can bring to Metallica songs?"

Maybe Miley has beef with Sheryl Crow.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Just going to leave this here.

Miley slaying Say Hello 2 Heaven (temple of the dog/Chris cornel). This is a song so hard to sing that Chris couldn't even hope to achieve it even a few years after he wrote it. I am not a big Cyrus fan because I don't like pop. But if Miley does rock I can be a big fan of her. She has a rock voice.

That said I wouldn't choose for her to sing Metallica. Grunge is more fitting for her. She sounds a bit like Stevie Nix.

The original song is fucking legendary by the way. Miley did a good job but Chris was otherworldly on this track.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Just going to leave this here.

Miley slaying Say Hello 2 Heaven (temple of the dog/Chris cornel). This is a song so hard to sing that Chris couldn't even hope to achieve it even a few years after he wrote it. I am not a big Cyrus fan because I don't like pop. But if Miley does rock I can be a big fan of her. She has a rock voice.

That said I wouldn't choose for her to sing Metallica. Grunge is more fitting for her. She sounds a bit like Stevie Nix.

She's headed in that direction it seems.

I wouldnt be surprised if she just goes country in the end, but this is a fun phase for her overall

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
She's headed in that direction it seems.

I wouldnt be surprised if she just goes country in the end, but this is a fun phase for her overall
I told my wife she should start an alt rock, grunge band, called Cyrus. Its just too fucking perfect. Great name for a band too.

I don't like that nothing else matters cover. She has a raspy voice. But in a good raspy way.
I dunno, she sounds like someone shoved a dick a bit too far in her throat and damaged her chords.
Stevie Nix

latest

Last edited:
This almost feels oppressive, like it's being foisted upon us against our will.

Take the opposite premise: Metallica reaching out to rappers or death metal stars for a "collabo" on a Miley Cyrus tribute album and realize how ridiculous it sounds.

lock2k

Banned
This almost feels oppressive, like it's being foisted upon us against our will.

Take the opposite premise: Metallica reaching out to rappers or death metal stars for a "collabo" on a Miley Cyrus tribute album and realize how ridiculous it sounds.

Top Bottom