• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millionaire tries to get $829 via kickstarter to send daughter to RPG maker camp?

Shinta

Banned
HOLY SHIT HE DELETED HIS ACCOUNT LOL or Kickstarter did.

I knew something was way off with that guy, that massage shit got him.

Next up... Susan needs to close her scam down and delete her account. Enough is enough. Wake the f up Kickstarter.

If you told me on day one that a Swedish masseuse would be caught in the crossfire before this was all said and done, I would have called you crazy.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If you told me on day one that a Swedish masseuse would be caught in the crossfire before this was all said and done, I would have called you crazy.

lol

All I'm gonna say is if the 2012 /v/idya Gaem Awards concentrated on Anita Sarkeesian's Kickstarter, I can only imagine what's in store for Susan and her family in the 2013 edition.

I don't care about the mom but those poor kids.

JDSN

Banned
That summary in the first page is gonna look like the scribblings of a mental patient once you throw a massage guy into the mix.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Atomic Art Magnets just now

"Joseph deleted the account in protest right after notifying Kickstarter staff that $1 backers are targeting other backers at their places of employment and being dirty in posting personal information of BACKERS. It's harassment. There is zero reason to research a backer and pull their private details and post them.. this project is about a kid's game. You are being dirty Corey and justifying it by the dirty action you said was done to you is your kharma and doesn't justify it at all. Lots of backers support this project without posting. the trolls are being very dirty and mean to people, i hope kickstarter lets this project run free."

LOL Joseph is the owner of said "company". It's also obvious this was written by him.

Weirdo.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/joseph-cecil-smith/a/197/9a7

He's just like Susan... full of bs left and right.

Matrix

"Joe isn't here right now, he's protesting."
- Joe

lol and he just changed his kickstarter name to "privacy advocate"

God this guy. Just ignore what Julie and Susan have done to backers regarding privacy and I guess they shouldn't be suspended. Can't take reading this shit anymore today.

JABEE

I'm still waiting for outlets that approached Susan Wilson with extreme support to write a follow-up story.

Penny Arcade
Kotaku

Matrix

Way to pimp your children Susan... wtf at her changing her profile image and they look younger

Kids_at_Harvard.large.jpg

This is so messed up.

Joseph the magnet making massage guy deleted his whole website... wow lol

"you guys sent 50 hostile contacts to those links every hour immediately after you posted it"

wut lol

Shaneus

Penny Arcade is a disgrace. I still hate their kickstarter. Went against everything that kickstarter should be about.
I only just read about it now. Appalled by it.

Way to pimp your children Susan... wtf at her changing her profile image and they look younger

Kids_at_Harvard.large.jpg

This is so messed up.
Wow. She's pathetic.

Surely it can't be too hard to find out the age of those kids? As in, have it in writing?

Matrix

Creator Susan Wilson just now

"THIS IS FROM MACKENZIE: Put yourself in someone else's shoes. If you were me in my situation, a bunch of adults hating on you and your mom, how would you feel?"

Are you shitting me?

Nice fucking try Susan.

wow just wow and no one is hating on the child smh

This shit really needs to be shut down.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

"THIS IS FROM MACKENZIE: Put yourself in someone else's shoes. If you were me in my situation, a bunch of adults hating on you and your mom, how would you feel?"

Are you shitting me?

Nice fucking try Susan.

You're all FUCKING MONSTERS.

I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY WITH YOURSELVES. PICKING ON A DEFENSELESS 9 YEAR OLD.

Matrix

You're all FUCKING MONSTERS.

I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY WITH YOURSELVES. PICKING ON A DEFENSELESS 9 YEAR OLD.

Seriously WE ALL NEED TO BURN!

Why is a 9 year old girl even reading the comments let alone talking to complete strangers now?

Susan working her magic scam powers since the money has slowed down. Drops a pic and now that comment... no game talk though.

And Joseph just went full blown crazy... yikes.

zeopower6

I don't think anyone has a problem with her daughter... (and if they did, they're probably not on the same side as most people against this) their main issue is with the mother and how she's using her kids as pawns in a scheme to get loads of cash.

Muku

Ho-ly crap. Why does all the juicy shit happen when I'm not here?! And I like the sudden... wait.. JCS was a masseuse? How much stranger can this shit get? Time to read and find out!! DAILY DOSE OF THE SOAP OPERA KNOWN AS KS!

Matrix

Ho-ly crap. Why does all the juicy shit happen when I'm not here?! And I like the sudden... wait.. JCS was a masseuse? How much stranger can this shit get? Time to read and find out!! DAILY DOSE OF THE SOAP OPERA KNOWN AS KS!

Man you have a lot of shit to read and the comments board is just getting even stranger thanks to crazy JCS.

I'm so disgusted by this woman and Kickstarter.

JCS needs some meds.

So, have Brenda Romero or Jane McGonigal responded to the latest news in this Kickstarter? Seems like a full blown scam.

What about Totilo from Kotaku? Weren't they all behind this thing?

Matrix

So, have Brenda Romero or Jane McGonigal responded to the latest news in this Kickstarter? Seems like a full blown scam.

What about Totilo from Kotaku? Weren't they all behind this thing?

No one has responded to anything that's gone on which makes it even more messed up.

Only this crazy Joseph/privacy advocate says amazing things are happening behind the scenes with billion dollar companies. The masseuse dropping the inside knowledge.

No one has responded to anything that's gone on which makes it even more messed up.

Only this crazy Joseph/privacy advocate says amazing things are happening behind the scenes with billion dollar companies. The masseuse dropping the inside knowledge.

Also didn't Romero back this Kickstarter?

Are you shitting me?

Nice fucking try Susan.

This shit really needs to be shut down.

As if poor Mackenzie has received a 100% unbiased, completely unfiltered, holistic view of the scam situation!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
At this point I hope Wired does a huge expose on this. They seem to be really good at investigating and properly presenting massive clusterfucks.

Matrix

See this is what I don't understand. Where is her outrage on this?

I think she tweeted about it days before scam gate began and has never mentioned it again. I'm not sure she's keeping up with it or anyone has bothered to tweet her again. I think she only found out cause Susan broke the kickstarter "rules" and tweeted her.

https://twitter.com/br

Yea check out her March 21st tweet. Though her (maybe fund college) is disturbing as well.

mango drank

At this point I hope Wired does a huge expose on this. They seem to be really good at investigating and properly presenting massive clusterfucks.

Ooh, or The Verge. They do awesome long-form things. (I know Polygon is out of favor right now, but I don't know how many writers the two share ... I don't really pay attention to Polygon, just Verge.)

Matrix

Wow this Joseph guy has truly lost his mind. It's cringe worthy entertainment and is making this whole scam look even more shady for outsiders to see.

Muku

I see what you mean by that image change. Classy. She wants to protect her children... but then puts their image as her own? Maybe it's a "THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!!" type thing. Sorry, I still only see Susan in my mind on this because well... she is the one running this charade. Also, those kids DO NOT LOOK the same. Obviously the one in the video was used for "Awww look how cute they are." Heart strings tugged? Check.

Well. You know what? I've ALSO lost ALL hope for kids these days and beyond. When we wanted money, we did chores or did a lemonade stand or maybe had a small job or whatever. NOW? Kids CAN GET FREE MONEY online!!!!

@Susan I'm sorry to hear the backlash you've been experiencing. My mission for the past year has to be empower young people like MacKenzie to have the opportunity to raise funds online in a safe & educational way. Would love to talk - It's called Piggybackr - we teach kids how to crowdfund.

Okay, first I was like, "Oh, this person could have something. Raise funds online.. safe and .. wait.. how is raising funds online educational? Hm okay.. aww crap it's not even fundraising, it's straight up teaching the younger generation to be a bunch of internet urchins."

@julie you are a riot. DELLS CALLING GTG. Hahahaha sure thing.

@julie someone brought to my attention that your banana phone is ringing off the hook, I believe Valve is calling.

Corey is friggin' amazing. You sir, are amazing. And keeping it classy, which is admirable. Also not sure if banana phone thing was posted here first or not, but +1 to both of ya. Comment made me laugh. Dell is calling... LOLOLOL. Man. And what the hell would Dell be calling her for? Because Apple found out how she talked about Steve Jobs? ;)

Joseph Cecil Smith is just a work of art. It's like "oh hay i know all dis stuff.. *pulls random numbers and possible facts out of air* see what I did there? why dont you understand?" Um, because, for one it was probably difficult to get through some of your wall of text. Two, what the hell are you talking about, and three... are you related to Susan, or a BFF to her husband, or a stalker?

let us remember, if this project succeeds a lot of kids will get a tremendous help in learning to author software..

The problem with this JCS quote though is, should Susan really run a website -- if she even gets it off the ground besides the barebones she had to put up to quell the storm -- that could potentially be that big? Yeah, she'll have money and can hire someone to do it, which honestly would be better. But I'm not sure she has the abilities to do something like that.

I also like how then defends Julie. Sorry, but if it's not been announced her Susan's
publicist/apparently now also phone operator at the Wilson house/
BFF just tosses it in the air like it is nothing, I think that is kind of a slap in the face to backers. I feel like they should be getting updates from Susan, if true, about the companies in contact with her.

Oh JCS... you amuse every post. How will we live without your posts?

with all due respect to the trolls, it is hilarious sometimes how upset you all are that this girl is going to computer camp.. and that kickstarter backers chose to buy her a college level opportunity with tutors and private help instead of just say here kid, go to camp..

So RPG Maker camp is now on par with college level opportunities? LOL. I seriously doubt they teach RPG MAKER in college. And I highly doubt that camp is anything more than a glorified week camp with the sprinkled hour a day or "Let's talk about RPG Maker!" I'm also getting extremely creeped out at this point by his ITS FOR THE CHILDREN! deal.

and the insults again distract from the focus which is CREATING A BULLY FREE ENVIRONMENT FOR A GIRL TO PROGRAM COMPUTERS TOWARD A SPECIFIC SOFTWARE GOAL.

Wait, now everyone is paying so she can learn to program computers?! Holy shit. This guy is just.. wow. Like I said, pulls shit out of the air.

And if JCS thought the plants blowing up here weren't going to affect the world in some way, he's bat shit crazy. Pretty sure Chernobyl tossed a bunch of radiation into the atmosphere that floated around the world. It's not something we really notice, that things go high into the atmosphere and travel around, until it's something crazy and/or deadly, but it's the truth. Did he just now come to terms with that? That we all live on the same planet? Assuming of course that quote on there was pulled from him. Either way, no one should have been surprised by it.

Though, if he were in Japan at the time, I could understand the not believing the government part. But I'm not sure why the US government would try to lie or anything about any potential radiation or other byproducts from Daiichi or Daini floating over.

I assume the link Corey provided actually had information at one point in time. I see it is all "under revision" now. I also like how it's apparently "private" information. if it is on the internet, I don't think I'd call it private. Not sure if most folks know it can take a single Google search and you've found a treasure trove of information about a person. Though you think after the whole they found Susan thing that everyone on there would be privy to knowing that simple fact.

Man, at every turn this gets darker and darker in tone. So it was okay that Julie brought up, if I recall right it was her, Corey's information. But then Corey just questions the dude about his own website and suddenly a mysterious figure
...JCS is that you risen from the KS grave?!
comes in and posts. Though, JCS isn't as devoted to the project as it would seem. He could have just let the timer tick, not post anymore, let the woman fleece him, then deleted his account. This shit just gets crazier.

Soap opera indeed. Screw making a movie. We need a soap opera based on this shit. Could run for a long while. Could have it each episode be a "day" of the KS. But more important days, where things get crazy, could go over multiple episodes. Maybe CBS can pick up on this or something. I mean... CBS has contacted them, right?
Because it seems like EVERYONE has according to Julie the banana phone operator.

RC is also having some amazing moments too! Ahh. Man. When this shit ends, I'm going to miss my daily dose of internet drama. Because as we all know, nothing is as crazy as dis internet drama shit. JCS, you mad bro?

And damn, still more to read.. shit is just unfolding as it goes. BRING IT ON!

mattchuuu

Neo Member
Wow... everyone needs to take a step back, and leave it for a few days. Especially the group running around chasing their tales in the kickstarter comments. It feels like "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

Muku

Wow, it's getting a bit sad now. Joseph Cecil Smith really has lost it. And honestly, who did he think he might be kidding? He typed in same manner as before. :/ Never using periods but going from "sentence" to "sentence" with several periods. Though, to be fair, JCS has just made this problem worse. He could have stopped posting and been done with it.

Matrix

"You can search recorded history, there are many times when life brings you a name via a messenger to check or encourage or otherwise name you.. often the messenger is blamed. you mob hurt people and it was some of you who killed the messiah when the mob did that."

Did he just go where I think he did? lol

Kaedryl... you were 100% right. Wow o_O

Muku

Okay, yeah, JCS is bat shit insane. I think he might need the white padded room now. Even dropping an F-bomb. I mean... shouldn't that tell him to take a step back? Unless he really thrives for this sort of thing. Who knows. Whole thing has gotten so dark and kind of strange that... it's amazing this is still the same KS. LOL

EDIT: I also like how he mistakenly thinks calling that guy a name is what "stopped" him from bothering him. Dude stated in last post was last one cuz he was tired. JCS really needs to take a chill pill. Isn't it about Mackenzie? Why is he name calling them if it is all about the children. Shouldn't he be a bigger man than that? I think he's just snapped for real. Get on that banana phone and call him up a crazy wagon.

Matrix

Guess he really doesn't like giving back rubs. Turned him into a whole new level of crazy.

"HE STOPPED ONLY WHEN LIFE RENAMED HIM. "

BWHAAHAHA wut ._.

Whats funny is his picture that's used on websites and what was originally his kickstarter profile image looked like a happy sane guy. You just never know.

Muku

Guess he really doesn't like giving back rubs. Turned him into a whole new level of crazy.

"HE STOPPED ONLY WHEN LIFE RENAMED HIM. "

BWHAAHAHA wut ._.

Whats funny is his picture that's used on websites and what was originally his kickstarter profile image looked like a happy sane guy. You just never know.

It's not surprising. Maybe he has something to hide? Though, what did he think he was doing using his name on Kickstarter? I don't think during this time that most of these older folks know as much about the internet as they should. And he's not on board the truth and transparency bus like Susan is.

The fact he is speaking in third person now is worrying. I wonder if he does have some multiple personality issue or something. I was half kidding about it before, but now.... now I'm not so sure.

EDIT: I'd actually like to think this is some Aprils Fools joke, but hell, it's not even April 1st yet.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I do admire the effort that you guys made to try and deliver some "internet justice". Unfortunately, that's not going to stop her from pocketing that KS money; and then doing it again six months from now, on a different site, under a different alias.

These people are professional con artists and habitual liars, and they will change their names as if they were a pair of Stacey Adams. They need to have different aliases because of all of the fraud they commit. They're not worried about being caught by the authorities, as much as they don't want anyone to recognize an alias after it's been tainted with too many obvious fraud attempts.

Has anyone been able to find out who her and her husbands real parents are, particularly the fathers? If you wish to be thorough, then finding that out would shed a lot of light on this investigation. Her extraordinary employment history isn't exactly something they teach in a course at an ivy league university. There is a pretty good chance that she was indoctrinated into the family business. I'm not going to accuse her entire family of being crooks, but the apple often does not fall far from the tree. I'm merely suggesting that maybe it deserves a closer look.

I could probably give you guys some aliases of individuals who make "Susan Wilson" look like Mother Teresa. However, these individuals haven't necessarily crossed our domain of geekdom, by defrauding KS with a phantom videogame, or something similar. That is, of course, if someone would like to expose more of these morally bankrupt larcenist, who hide behind a pretense of "legit business". Unfortunately, it probably wouldn't do a lot of good, aside from raising a little more awareness, since, as I stated earlier, most of these individuals are well protected from any real meaningful action being taken against them.

Kaedryl

Neo Member
Kaedryl... you were 100% right. Wow o_O

This is why I PM'd you. Once he erased everything, even his own website...yeah...things were about to go nuclear.

Latest post from JCS - Now the spirit of life is intervening directly and stopping the "bullies." These are the people that flip and start shooting...

Matrix

It's not surprising. Maybe he has something to hide? Though, what did he think he was doing using his name on Kickstarter? I don't think during this time that most of these older folks know as much about the internet as they should. And he's not on board the truth and transparency bus like Susan is.

The fact he is speaking in third person now is worrying. I wonder if he does have some multiple personality issue or something. I was half kidding about it before, but now.... now I'm not so sure.

EDIT: I'd actually like to think this is some Aprils Fools joke, but hell, it's not even April 1st yet.

He's just a loon, we have always been right. The walls of text that made no sense for a couple of days were the warning sign.

I wish it was an April fools joke, all of it.

Kaedryl... I'm gonna delete my post lol

Muku

On a side note, I've noticed the Pastebin says unknown paste ID. Okay, I guess someone deleted it and put a new one? Hm.

That is an interesting point Shaheed. I think right now point is that KS is just ruining its reputation moreso than trying to keep her from pocketing it. Though I'd prefer she not pocket anything. But I'd be okay with just the 829 to silence the critics. I think a lot of folks are waiting this out. If it ends and she pockets it, they're going to be losing folks.

Though if folks try to get groups to do PayPal instead, to avoid Kickstarter, is that much better? You'd be giving them money whether their Kickstarter meets the goal or not. And while in some cases that might be okay, in other instances I imagine if you're on fence about it, you'd be more hesitant to go that route.

EDIT: On a side note, found this petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/208/076/899/shut-down-kicktarter-fraud/ LOL

Oh damn, LOL the supporter for this petition: Sponsored by: Muddy Mudskipper

Whoever put that together has my +1 to winning.

Muku

Actually what is happening right now is a meltdown in comments on the Kickstarter. Seems a figure there -- Joseph Cecil Smith -- was always crafting walls of text of gibberish. I wish I was joking on that. Folks had been calling him out on it, asking him to post in coherent sentences so that everyone could understand. At some point another backer asked if a website he linked was his. It was his own website with his own personal information. From there, he went bat shit insane talking about privacy invasion among other crazy topics. Deleted his account (but before he did that he changed his actual picture to a picture of a horse.. maybe that was our first sign), then created another with a silly name. Still types way he did before so it's obvious it was him. Began to talk in more gibberish than before, purposely calling a guy the wrong name after he was asked not to, then dropped an F-bomb. I think that was the first bomb in all of the comments section.

Needless to say, this Kickstarter is driving even it's supporters bat shit insane. Though I'm not sure these folks on the internet know how scary and dangerous a place it can be.

EDIT: Though for a full outline, yeah, thinking that waiting until the 19 days are up is better. Who knows what further drama will appear. I mean, every day has been a roller coaster ride.

Muku

rofl

I signed it. Using fake info, obviously.

Now we just need Sven! ;)

I simply took his name and put it into google search and his website popped up showing he was a masseuse and also a magnet maker? and not some person that should have any deep knowledge of billion dollar companies or even running a game workshop for children or any of the bs he was/and still is talking about. He was also on some entrepreneur website which made me think he was connected to Susan somehow. Again this was all public shit, not private. He was cool with Julie and Susan slamming people or giving out Corey's info, but a simple question asking why a masseuse (the link to his website was posted, a business website looking for money and clients) would have all this info about the family and game stuff and not share it with the rest of the backers.

The interesting part is that at some point, only after it apparently bothered him, did he agree with Corey that Julie shouldn't have done it. He should have called that out as being inappropriate earlier if he cared. Now it only felt like he was caring because he felt like he'd be wronged.

Also is it Kickstarter Days of Our Lives or As the Kickstarter Turns. ;)

EDIT: Agreed. I wish the whole thing was canceled. It should have been days ago. Now we've just got crazies running all over the place.

Matrix

He kept posting crap that he had inside knowledge in his wall of texts today and would not say who he really was or how he knew about any of this stuff. It seemed like he was making crap up even more than usual today.

I simply took his name and put it into google search and his website popped up showing he was a masseuse and also a magnet maker? and not some person that should have any deep knowledge of billion dollar companies or even running a game workshop for children or any of the bs he was/and still is talking about. He was also on some entrepreneur website which made me think he was connected to Susan somehow. Again this was all public shit, not private. He was cool with Julie and Susan slamming people or giving out Corey's info, but a simple question asking why a masseuse (the link to his website was posted, a business website looking for money and clients) would have all this info about the family and game stuff and not share it with the rest of the backers caused him to lose it. Funny he didn't report Julie for what she did to Corey, but is reporting everyone for finding out his public work website.

I don't know if Corey got the link from here or simply did what I did since it was a public website, but he posted the link and the dude deleted his kickstarter account and work website right away. Not enough time for tons of people to bother him... let alone stalk him or go to his home wtf

Then came back under that privacy name and went even more crazy.

Susan pimped her children with a new photo today and faked being her daughter with a random post. Julie the best friend of Susan slammed a really cool legit backer for no reason.

That's what went down today in the Kickstarter days of our lives.

Muku- I wish it was neither lol I wish this awful soap opera was cancelled. Gross actions by Susan today overshadowed by crazy guy.

Top Bottom