• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millionaire tries to get $829 via kickstarter to send daughter to RPG maker camp?

inm8num2

This woman is scum.

But I hope people aren't playing into her hands and issuing threats or other harmful comments. She's already using the "haters can't stop us!" mentality in her updates, it seems.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
yep. susan wilson's product is, pure & simple, susan wilson. if she makes some money, fine. but what she obviously, desperately craves is fame. she wants to be a playa. she wants to be on ellen, discussing mom power, girl power, all the time demonstrating just how wonderful, sincere, & charming she is. she wants to be famous. she wants to be wanted. she wants to be loved. &, if possible, worshiped. basically, she's not well. not to mention, not all that bright...

that kickstarter (either through ignorance or choice) is allowing her to use it as a platform for this is where the true problem lies...
Nah, I think she only cares about money, and small things like throwing her sons under the bus don't seem to bother her much.

She's a disgusting person.

For those of you just joining us...
j70kjLPqgxG7p.jpg

<snip>

Thanks for this! I haven't kept up with the thread lately.
This whole thing is insane, and it's a shame Kickstarter aren't doing anything about it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, Jesus, this was actually worse than I thought. How the hell is Kickstarter even allowing this?

Muku

Even if you use number grades, it's still common to refer to them as A, B, C, etc.

Yeah, sometimes you'd see on paper the grade and maybe the letter with it, with appropriate +, -, or nothing.

Also, let's not stoop to Susan's supporters level when calling her names. She's a scammer yes, but I think we've all done really well to keep it clean here. I liked that fact.

Well played Susan indeed. "THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!!" Wonder if it was JCS meltdown that made her do that, or he contacted her saying something along those lines. Or if her "publicist" told her to.
OR maybe their banana phone had some random industry person in it and told them too! You know that thing is just RINGING OFF DA HOOK!
Those folks are sneaky. Does allow folks to maybe remind folks in mean time some of her shady business. Since she won't decide to set the record straight, guess now is as good a time as any.

undrtakr900

Pasting new info as it comes in is stalkerish? It sounds creepy of you to try to downplay scams for people you don't know.
Thanks for updating everything, but I think you should reorganize the OP because it'll be confusing to newcomers of the thread. Main thing is you should put the original kickstarter link at the top again, so that those large scam-breakdown-pictures will make more sense.
For those of you just joining us...
j70kjLPqgxG7p.jpg

<SNIP>
=3
Great summary, I'd also like to add that someone on youtube(not me) made a summary of the Susan Wilson kickstarter fiasco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKJE0uAYeak

Muku

Thanks for updating everything, but I think you should reorganize the OP because it'll be confusing to newcomers of the thread. Main thing is you should put the original kickstarter link at the top again, so that those large scam-breakdown-pictures will make more sense.Great summary, I'd also like to add that someone on youtube(not me) made a summary of the Susan Wilson kickstarter fiasco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKJE0uAYeak

Agreed. OP should be organized a bit. Hell, been here forever and it's still a bit confusing. I'd even go so far as to post that awesome summary in there for a "get up to speed" kinda thing.

Video was interesting, but obviously a bit dated with some stuff. (As in no phone case stuff.) Someone should toss that on the pile in the comments section for those too lazy to read.

Vamphuntr

You guys still have no idea what you're dealing with. Don't become emotionally invested in this. You will only end up very disappointed. The issue isn't really with Susan anymore. Her type are always going to do what they do without legal repercussions. The issue is with KS, for allowing an obvious con artist get away with other peoples money.

Yeah this is more and more what I'm thinking. This lady is a professional con artist. She knows very well which button to press to gain sympathy from people and which to press to deflect attention from all the dirt people are finding against her. She even got most media on her side by using the stop hating on a poor motivated 9 yo that only wanted to make an rpg trick.

It's amazing how she ended up working at Georgetown University, selling a company for 100 million and being mentionned in Forbes and now she's scamming on crowfunding websites. Either she had a nasty fall from grace or her previous ventures were also scams. If the latter is really the case, it seem obvious it's not GAF, Reddit and 4chan that will stop her :(

Flink

Her horrible plastic surgery makes this even worse. The doctor that did her eye lift (blepharoplasty) should be shot. She also has some pretty dramatic botox. Such a fake woman all around.

plufim

No, it's a personal attack and is one of the EXACT reasons being given by anyone who defends her that we should be ignored - that we're just trolling, that we're making personal attacks. That we're stalking her.

Her looks are not part of this, her actions speak more then enough to prove what the real issues are.

Muku

Wow, I'm assuming that's a 10k troll on the KS now. Though I guess Riggo put one up too for giggles for a few mins going by his comments. Any of you doing that 10k troll that's still up? ;)

And while Susan may have had plastic surgery, that really has nothing to do with the issue at hand. I'm not entirely sure I agree with the shoe argument having been brought up early on either. But this woman has made it clear what this is all about through her actions. We don't need to bring aspects that have nothing to do with it to the front.

Flink

No, it's a personal attack and is one of the EXACT reasons being given by anyone who defends her that we should be ignored - that we're just trolling, that we're making personal attacks. That we're stalking her.

Her looks are not part of this, her actions speak more then enough to prove what the real issues are.

ibmJF8bTRL4MCk.png

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I agree with this. A person like this at this current state cannot be stopped.

I think we have to be more vocal to kickstarter. Stopping this person... a person whose personality disallows apparently the ethics to stop this... should not be the priority anymore. We should lean on those who have more power to stop it... aka those who host it.

We can pressure KS away from letting this sort of thing happen in the future, but we never had a real chance in stopping Susan. I tried to explain, in the very beginning, that this was pretty much beyond our realm of control. These aren't people that we can reason with or even appeal to their good sense of fair play and common decency.

As we can see, she has no fear of being caught in the act because she knows that no real legal action will ever be taken against her. So if you're hoping for her to be subjected to some sort of justice, I would let that go right now. Nothing short of a decent sized KS boycott will stop her from walking away with that money.

Utterly ridiculous that people are still donating/keeping their pledges up, when the creator openly admits she has no idea what's being funded any more.

OP, can you include a link to the kicktraq so that we can easily access it?

Also, is it true that her daughter isn't 9 and her sons are actually closer to 20 than 15?

Muku

OP, can you include a link to the kicktraq so that we can easily access it?

Also, is it true that her daughter isn't 9 and her sons are actually closer to 20 than 15?

While I'm not obviously the OP, I'll go ahead and link it on this page for folks. Maybe will also be easy for OP to keep tabs on it too.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/su...g-an-rpg-to-prove-her-brothers-w/#chart-daily

Been keeping tabs on it, so it's fresh in my browsers history.

EDIT: As for her daughter, she seems older than 9. There have been things about her sons being older, but I think even amongst those who don't agree with Susan there's been mixed reactions about it. I'm more inclined to believe that her sons are around that age. Think even someone stated that recently one of the brothers wished the other a happy 15th.

Muku

Hey guys, I wrote a summary of everything on my website. Let me know if anything needs changing. Thanks.

Haha, if this hadn't already been all over the 'net, I'd have said April 1st was a bad day to put up something like that. But this thing is so crazy you couldn't make this shit up.

Needless to say, she shouldn&#8217;t even be playing these games since they both contain blood and gore, sexual content and violence.

Quote caught my eye and made me think. Considering she has "no concept of money", not sure how she is supposed to process more adult stuff.

Should also point out that the RPG Maker camp only allows over night stays for kids 10 and older. Which obviously, unless she has a birthday before then, doesn't meet that requirement.

No mention of Twitter spam? Violates KS rules.. er... LOOSE GUIDELINES.

moka

Haha, if this hadn't already been all over the 'net, I'd have said April 1st was a bad day to put up something like that. But this thing is so crazy you couldn't make this shit up.

True, would've been one hell of a prank. Ugh, now you've got me wishing this story wasn't real and it was a prank.

Quote caught my eye and made me think. Considering she has "no concept of money", not sure how she is supposed to process more adult stuff.

To be honest, I don't think she's a terribly bad mother (from what I've seen). I think at 9 my parents would've let me play these games too. Don't tell anyone that though.

Should also point out that the RPG Maker camp only allows over night stays for kids 10 and older. Which obviously, unless she has a birthday before then, doesn't meet that requirement.

No mention of Twitter spam? Violates KS rules.. er... LOOSE GUIDELINES.

I didn't mention the age limit thing because I didn't think it was very relevant to the point I was trying to make.

I did mention Twitter spam and violation of KS rules.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Spwn

Don't know if you guys have noticed by following the comments on the KS page, but The Sphinx in the Face is a really busy musician.

Just found it funny.

Parallacs

Don't know if you guys have noticed by following the comments on the KS page, but The Sphinx in the Face is a really busy musician.

Just found it funny.

He is mocking Julie Brown (Susan's BFF). She always ends her comments with:

"GTG: Microsoft is calling!"

or Dell, Adobe, Apple, etc.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
True, would've been one hell of a prank. Ugh, now you've got me wishing this story wasn't real and it was a prank.

To be honest, I don't think she's a terribly bad mother (from what I've seen). I think at 9 my parents would've let me play these games too. Don't tell anyone that though.

I didn't mention the age limit thing because I didn't think it was very relevant to the point I was trying to make.

I did mention Twitter spam and violation of KS rules.

Thanks for the feedback. :)
Throwing her sons under the bus on the internet? Forcing her daughter to appear in a video when it's crystal clear she doesn't want to? Talking as if she were her children? I'd say she's rather worse than a terribly bad mother.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm a bit surprised that this Kickstarter hasn't been banned yet. Isn't it in pretty clear violation of the rules of Kickstarter?

Somehow it's gotten KS's blessing in a weird overtly way

In that they get 5% of the total amount, why not keep it funded

I'm a bit surprised that this Kickstarter hasn't been banned yet. Isn't it in pretty clear violation of the rules of Kickstarter?

It is but supposedly they are supporting this one. Makes no sense and is one of the reasons that a lot of people that are in the know about this situation are not support KS anymore.

Nokterian

Somehow it's gotten KS's blessing in a weird overtly way

In that they get 5% of the total amount, why not keep it funded

It shows that those people at kickstarter are getting more greedy for money instead following there own rules. And another reason for me not fund any further projects down the line.

Tellaerin

It shows that those people at kickstarter are getting more greedy for money instead following there own rules. And another reason for me not fund any further projects down the line.

Don't think like that, man. Not everyone in the world is a Susan Wilson. A lot of the KS projects out there are worth funding. It'd suck to see support for all of those dry up thanks to some greedy con artist.

Nokterian

Don't think like that, man. Not everyone in the world is a Susan Wilson. A lot of the KS projects out there are worth funding. It'd suck to see support for all of those dry up thanks to some greedy con artist.

I know but when kickstarter is doing nothing about this and everyone has the evidence that she clearly doing everything against kickstarter guidelines,ToS etc but they do nothing it baffles me that no action has been taken at all.

This thing is still around?

This is quite extremely sad and pathetic.

If I were at Kickstater, I would have binned this thing as soon as I saw it based on moral grounds.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
smh @ this Dan guy who just posted in the comments section

my god some people are just stupid as hell.

This ruins KickStarter's credibility as an organization(what they had left), as far as I'm concerned. Dollar dollar bill, right KS? Gotta chase that money at any cost, be it integrity or even following your own fucking ToS.

This feels like the "donation" that people said will one day implode kickstarter, maybe the start but if kickstarter allows this to go on their credibility will be ruined...but this woman is a shrewd con artist...

What possible outcome will come from this?
She'll get her money? Kickstarter stops this "project"? Or something else?

Vercimber

For everyone baffled about why Kickstarter won't stop this: It's not merely that KS will be funded, but shrewd Susan Wilson is likely equipped with the power to fire back at KS with lots of lawyers if she were shut down. She might be a litigious person, and KS is likely wary of the vacuous masses who've funded this based on buzzwords and empty "empowered" rhetoric--those with very little ability to think critically.

This is an untouchable situation because of the power of ignorance, money, and probable litigious consequences--the last being a contradiction, of course, since the project itself is in clear violation of KS's own rules. The whole thing is just perverse.

Sendou

For everyone baffled about why Kickstarter won't stop this: It's not merely that KS will be funded, but shrewd Susan Wilson is likely equipped with the power to fire back at KS with lots of lawyers if she were shut down. She might be a litigious person, and KS is likely wary of the vacuous masses who've funded this based on buzzwords and empty "empowered" rhetoric--those with very little ability to think critically.

This is an untouchable situation because of the power of ignorance, money, and probable litigious consequences--the last being a contradiction, of course, since the project itself is in clear violation of KS's own rules. The whole thing is just perverse.

If they don't have an escape clause in their term of use you have to accept before making an account for Kickstarter for cases such as this then they're beyond stupid. Simple "we can shut down your project at any time for any reason" should work.

Annubis

Or simply shut it down right at the beginning before this whole mess happened. How many time was this reported just in the first day? I'd say at LEAST 10 times.

They slept at the switch and now they are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Personally, I'd still kill it. You have to uphold your ToS, even if it doesn't make you popular.

I also wonder how they view it over there. Is it a team discussion or is it only one cowboy leading?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
But KS itself is not worth giving money to. Those legit project creators are going to need to find another way of funding their stuff, because I'm not giving another buck to that KS scum.

Top Bottom