• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millionaires Fighting: Square Enix sues SNK Playmore

Loona

At some point it may be cheaper for SE to just buy SNKP (and add to their zombie vault).

As much as I'd like to see SNK handle a fighting game with all the Final Fantasy monk characters, I really don't see this happening.

Heck, if SE acknowledge SNK enough to consider buying them, they'd have done a better job of getting in touch about the manga depiction...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
If SE kills SNKP, Kagari is banned. >8(

So the person I asked earlier doesn't seem to know, so can someone else explain:is the declaratory judgment request a request on ruling of the jurisdiction of the court proceedings or a ruling on the actual copyright infringement?

WarRock

I would play a fighting game comprised entirely of million/billionaire characters. Their meter can be growth potential and their supers can be liquidity.

iXkbuHJW6mujq.gif

sublimit

Banned
Wow SE really has the nerve to file a lawsuit against SNK?? They have become such a ridiculous company it's not even funny anymore.

Please don't be in a position of power ever. It's best if you don't make any important decisions either, just to be safe.

I wish SNK hadn't done this, but I love their games and if they lose I'm afraid they'll be done for, they are a very poor company. So that's just my fanboy self wishing they stay afloat. If I had a say in SNK, I'd have tried an arrangement before purpusuing legal means.

Of course, I don't know why I bothered replying to your post. I guess I thought I should make it clear.

Wow SE really has the nerve to file a lawsuit against SNK?? They have become such a ridiculous company it's not even funny anymore.
Well SNK filed the lawsuit against them. It's not like they can just roll over without a fight, especially after that criminal accusation and police raid.

Datschge

You're the one mentioning acquisitions
I mentioned the acquisition of SNKP by SE as a possibly cheaper way to end the legal fights than going through the whole legalese or settling out of court. Instantly putting SNKP into SE's huge vault of forgotten IPs and developers afterward. I don't know how you took that as a hint to start rambling about what both sides could possibly do in a fan's dream.

sublimit

Banned
Well SNK filed the lawsuit against them. It's not like they can just roll over without a fight, especially after that criminal accusation and police raid.

Well SNK had all the rights to file a lawsuit against them since they blatantly used their characters and all but what's SE's excuse of the lawsuit against SNK? "Hey you filed a lawsuit against us so now we're going to teach you to not mess with us and we'll just file a lawsuit against you just because you filed a lawsuit against us."

It's ridiculous.

Loona

I mentioned the acquisition of SNKP by SE as a possibly cheaper way to end the legal fights than going through the whole legalese or settling out of court. Instantly putting SNKP into SE's huge vault of forgotten IPs and developers afterward. I don't know how you took that as a hint to start rambling about what both sides could possibly do in a fan's dream.

I'm not too familiar with the kinds of costs involved in such a legal process,but somehow it doesn't seem likely it would quite match the value of the entire plaintiff company - which has a bit of a history of acquisitions going bad, looking back at the Aruze situation over a decade ago.
I just don't quite see SNKP "surrendering" like that considering how they've acted so far.

And yeah, I guess a post or two drifted into fantasy crossover territory, but somehow that still seemed more on-topic than the frequent CvS2 announcer references so far...

Top Bottom