• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo and Bannon used GamerGate to further white supremacist ideals in the media

mieumieu

Black husband means nothing if you know about what self loathe means.

I am fucking angry whenever I think of these GG alt right trolls harassers and conspirators. They can all fuck off to the other side of the solar system.

Yogg

This is why the likes of Boogie2988 can get fucked.

Too many people on the fringes of gamergate were willing to allow hate and bile to spread, all because they wanted to appear impartial whilst protecting nerd culture and "muh vidyagaems". Now look where we are.

I don't care about GG, I can't even define what it is (as most people can't, I suspect). But in the current climate I fear that way too often, someone contradicting or questioning a current hot topic will be shoved in the "white supremacist" drawer by default, because it's easier to have baddies that are wrong, rather than to discuss the subject.

We have a both sides, an absolute proof, and an I don’t really know much about this person, but hey I’ll defend this guy anyways.

That’s a bingo!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I read it... he may be a white supremacist but.... there were a lot of missing links to some of the claims they made, (by this I mean hyperlinks to sources) so I'm just meant to agree?. He probably is for all I know. I don't even really know who the guy is. I don't think it helps to shout white supremacist without absolute proof.

Lol.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Also anybody using that Milo married a black man as a defense should be autobanned. That's literally GG's current tactics. Spam all Milo criticism with comment after comment about who he married. Use that as a shield.

of course it is, because he was never one to use grand acts or statements as an ulterior motive or scapegoat.

WonderzL

Banned
Milo, a person who is not a white supremacist and married to an African American, used Gamergate to advance white supremacist ideals in the media? Give me a break.

Transphobic EvilLore has a limit on bans per day? Why isn't this trash banned?

This is the gamer culture you are helping to build, Neogaf. Good bye.

Toxi

Banned
I honestly think both the left and right are in the wrong and can be as harmful as each other.
This asinine post has literally nothing to do with the article this thread is about. You are as transparent as glass and I hope your schtick is not allowed to stand here.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
"Both sides are just as bad" is complete and utter wankery bollocks and the more it's said the more bitter I become towards the right and the people who peddle that absolute nonsense.

The fact that "No more Nazis" is a controversial statement sums it all up.

Fuck Nazis, fuck their defenders, fuck the "both siders".

You're either with the Nazis or against them. Take a fucking side.
3n5CKAp.png

BTA

I read it... he may be a white supremacist but.... there were a lot of missing links to some of the claims they made, (by this I mean hyperlinks to sources) so I'm just meant to agree?. He probably is for all I know. I don't even really know who the guy is. I don't think it helps to shout white supremacist without absolute proof.

Really not trying to be rude here: this man has, what, over 3 years now of visibly being an increasingly (which is shocking given where he started) abominable garbage person. I cannot list all the horrible shit he's done to people both individually and generally.

If you don't know who this guy is, maybe don't wade into this without Googling his name a bit?

Feorax

It also doesn't help to say "maybe the white supremacists do have some valid points", which is essentially how your earlier post read.

But since this is where we are, and you asked to discuss the topic, then I'll bite.

You said earlier there are pros and cons to each side. What do you consider to be the good aspects of white supremacy and Nazism?

there's no pros to GG in any way, shape, or form

period

Not saying there is. Would just like to see a discussion without the ' if you aren't for us, your against us mentality. If you have any articles I could read that would be great... I just hate seeing one side. I don't think you can form a solid opinion with only one sides argument even if one side is bollocks.

I don't know, maybe it's the academic in me sigh.

thumb

Banned

Journalists do not routinely produce a copy of every email or document they reference in an article. This is not Wikipedia.

Also, you don't know who the guy is? You were semi-plausible until that statement.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I honestly think both the left and right are in the wrong and can be as harmful as each other. I really didn't want to post this because I understand gaf is very left wing but the problem with that is it can dilute real issues. Milo probably isn't racist... I mean he obviously dislikes immigration and possibly other things that can be disagreed with, but at the same time he is married to a black man. I don't see any reason to do that unless you believe that person is your equal.

There are so many threads and posts on gaf where certain liberal theories are discussed, for example the recent thread regarding gay sex in the witcher 3 where any answer not agreeing with the liberal view, even if it is by a gay person, is shot down and derided whether right or wrong.

A lot of posts are the same in this thread and i don't see how this benefits anything. Surely an open discussion is needed to find the best stances from both sides and I don't feel this happens here.

I don't know. I know I'm a junior so my post will probably be countered with 'lol y always juniors' but surely we can all participate in an actual debate with pros and cons from both sides instead of this hate that seems all to prevalent, again from both sides.

I always enter these threads hoping to learn and talk but normally leave when it's clear you can't post without following the consensus to the letter.

Sorry if this seems a bit random but I finally feel like I should speak up. I have similar feelings about loot box and Xbox threads but I guess that is for another time.

lol everyones bringing out their burner alts for this one

Not

Banned
I honestly think both the left and right are in the wrong and can be as harmful as each other. I really didn't want to post this because I understand gaf is very left wing but the problem with that is it can dilute real issues. Milo probably isn't racist... I mean he obviously dislikes immigration and possibly other things that can be disagreed with, but at the same time he is married to a black man. I don't see any reason to do that unless you believe that person is your equal.

There are so many threads and posts on gaf where certain liberal theories are discussed, for example the recent thread regarding gay sex in the witcher 3 where any answer not agreeing with the liberal view, even if it is by a gay person, is shot down and derided whether right or wrong.

A lot of posts are the same in this thread and i don't see how this benefits anything. Surely an open discussion is needed to find the best stances from both sides and I don't feel this happens here.

I don't know. I know I'm a junior so my post will probably be countered with 'lol y always juniors' but surely we can all participate in an actual debate with pros and cons from both sides instead of this hate that seems all to prevalent, again from both sides.

I always enter these threads hoping to learn and talk but normally leave when it's clear you can't post without following the consensus to the letter.

Sorry if this seems a bit random but I finally feel like I should speak up. I have similar feelings about loot box and Xbox threads but I guess that is for another time.

It would be very helpful for you to carefully read and acknowledge the pushback coming your way. If your beliefs hold up against the rational perspective of others, it will only strengthen your argument.

EDIT: Well, nevermind...

Really not trying to be rude here: this man has, what, over 3 years now of visibly being an increasingly (which is shocking given where he started) abominable garbage person. I cannot list all the horrible shit he's done to people both individually and generally.

If you don't know who this guy is, maybe don't wade into this without Googling his name a bit?

Fair enough I will look. I hoped there would be some discussion here that's my point. I'm just not articulating it well.

Gator86

Oh my mistake guys, Buzzfeed says Milo is a white supremacist so I guess it's true! Can someone please pass this information on to his black husband?

Juniors appearing out of the woodwork to declare a thing "officially not racist" is the most predictable thing on GAF.

And yup, all of this is exactly what most people thought it was. Great reporting on their part though.

Not saying there is. Would just like to see a discussion without the ' if you aren't for us, your against us mentality. If you have any articles I could read that would be great... I just hate seeing one side. I don't think you can form a solid opinion with only one sides argument even if one side is bollocks.

I don't know, maybe it's the academic in me sigh.
You want articles on Nazism and white supremacy to form a solid opinion on what they represent?

What the hell is wrong with you?

Check it out, juniors. Just because a racist is married to a person of another race it doesn't mean they're in the clear.

It's very possible that Milo believes that his husband is "one of the good ones". Milo's actions definitely indicate he is inclined to feel that way.

Rayis

I honestly think both the left and right are in the wrong and can be as harmful as each other. .

Historically that may be true but in this current time is absolutely not accurate or reflects reality in any way.

The right is entirely to blame for the toxic political environment we're in and is all their doing, from enabling white supremacists to voting for an unqualified presidential candidate just to stick it to the "liberal snowflakes".

Also you're SO full of shit about that Witcher 3 thread, the majority of people we're disagreeing with the OP and no one was forcing anyone to "agree with the liberal view".

EDIT: shit he got banned, well, good riddance, move along.

Juniors appearing out of the woodwork to declare a thing "officially not racist" is the most predictable thing on GAF.

And yup, all of this is exactly what most people thought it was. Great reporting on their part though.

I remember a lot of pro-GG folks screaming back in the day it had nothing to do with MRA/Alt right types. They were absolutely sure it was not political on their side, it was purely about ethics and keeping politics out of gaming.

I'd say it would be hard to ignore the truth now, but as the thread shows, they continue to hide behind a shield and claim the rest is just fake news.

Feorax

I don't care about GG, I can't even define what it is (as most people can't, I suspect). But in the current climate I fear that way too often, someone contradicting or questioning a current hot topic will be shoved in the "white supremacist" drawer by default, because it's easier to have baddies that are wrong, rather than to discuss the subject.

Well the topic being discussed when it comes to gamergate or the alt right tends to be "is white supremacy/mysoginy/nazism an acceptable political point of view?"

I don't know about you, but my moral compass just won't let me try and see the good side of a point of view that deliberately sets out to fuck people of a certain race, gender or sexuality.

Ponn

Banned

So you're not educated on Milo, you have no real opinion or insight to offer on the subject, but you want to lecture others on how to discuss something?

Maybe instead of barging into a thread you admit you lack knowledge and going on with "both sides" and tut-tutting it may behoove you to instead spend some time actually reading what people are posting, utilizing a little google or hey here's a crazy idea using the search function to find old Milo threads. You know educate yourself so you can carry on an actual discussion that you supposedly value so much but can't be arsed to put any work into yourself.

What is going on in this thread? The sheer ignorance on display is incredible.

The one rule of GAF is "there's a defense force for everyone and everything"

No matter how terrible and irredeemable it or they are, someone likes it or thinks they deserve a chance

cakely

Interesting. Would you say that you hate gay sex and PlayStation consoles equally? And how strong are your feelings towards loot boxes?

EDIT: Too late.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So now you don't even know who Milo is? You just came to let us know about his position on immigration and the race of his husband, but when pushed to elaborate you suddenly don't know anything about him?

You're transparent as fuck.

Fat4all

Banned
Not saying there is. Would just like to see a discussion without the ' if you aren't for us, your against us mentality.

The discussion (and article) is about the propagation and roots of the GamerGate movement, a heavily sexist, discriminate period in video gaming that merged with the burgeoning start of the 'alt-right'.

If anything doesn't deserve the luxury of having a 'devil's advocate', it's this.

Toxi

Banned
It says a lot that Bannon considered "computer gamers" one of the main potential demographics for a white supremacist revival.

Foffy

Banned
So now you don't even know who Milo is? You just came to let us know about his position on immigration and the race of his husband, but when pushed to elaborate you suddenly don't know anything about him?

You're transparent as fuck.

They always go for the "good" -- the stuff they nod with -- but try and dodge any acknowledgement of all of the universally noticeable red flags.

To believe some of these people are adults makes me deeply upset. Children have hijacked bigger bodies. :(

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
It says a lot that Bannon considered "computer gamers" one of the main potential demographics for a white supremacist revival.

I can't imagine why he would think that people who call themselves the "PC Master Race" would ever be open to the ideals of white supremacy.

Armaros

It's crazy after how many repeats of GG or white supremacists threads on GAF, the moths still come put to get burnt.

Is it a bragging right to troll and then get instant banned?

mjp2417

Banned

"I don't know or care about topic therefore I will enter thread about topic to chastise others for being mean to Nazis."

- The White Moderate, 2017 -

This is why I rail on the likes of Valve and such so much. They continue to offer a safe haven for alt-right dirtbags to spread their message. You can hop onto the Steam community and find hundreds of communities dedicated to the alt-right, nazis, varying types of bigotry, you name it. Valve does nothing to curb it or the tactics they weaponize, such as astroturfing comments and review bombing. Those cowards who could neuter their message choose not to in order to promote themselves as being 'for gamers'. Even here on NeoGAF some posters fall for it and will defend these company's hands-off approach to managing their communities.

boiled goose

good with gravy

So "absolute proof" is the standard now?

Not even science works like that lol.

Also, "i don't know anything but id like to post"

Come-on dude

Top Bottom