• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo and Bannon used GamerGate to further white supremacist ideals in the media

Jackpot

Banned
"Milo can't be racist because he is married to a black man."

Men have been marrying women since forever and that hasn't precluded thousands of years of sexism.

Not to mention Milo is gay and hates himself and others for it:

The thought that I might influence my child towards a lifestyle choice guaranteed to bring them pain and unhappiness – however remote that chance may be – is horrifying to me.

No one would choose to have a gay child rather than a straight one. It would be like wishing that they were born disabled – not just because homosexuality is aberrant, but because that child will suffer unnecessarily. Again, you’d have to be mad. Or evil.

All these preening poofs in public life do is make life more difficult for regular young gay people by reinforcing the stereotypes about gay behaviour: reminding a struggling child’s myopic dad that queers are uppity, in-your-face, camp-as-tits faggots who’ll rape you as soon as look at you.

After reading that you really think he couldn't marry a black man and be racist too? At this point it'd break the pattern if he didn't.

After reading that you really think he couldn't marry a black man and be racist too? At this point it'd break the pattern if he didn't.

See, I might sound like a conspiracy theorist for saying this, but I think everything we know about his public persona and how it plays into defending him against allegations of naziism or homophobia is as cheap of a facade as him not being a nazi or homophobic. I don't want to "No true scottsman" him being gay, here, but honestly at this point I don't believe him about most things he says regarding himself.

"Milo can't be racist because he is married to a black man."

Men have been marrying women since forever and that hasn't precluded thousands of years of sexism.

It really blows my mind that people think his husband being black somehow negates everything he's said and done.

The dude is trash, people defending him are trash.

For Gaffers who want some lovely schadenfreude:

Thank you for this catharsis. Absolute shitheels to hide behind writing for progressive/minority/antiGG causes and then email Milo and others like him on the sly to stir shit. Dan's a slimeball with his "oh I already apologized, I don't even remember writing those emails!"

brian!

Yes, it cant be reiterated enough, video games is a fucking ripe platform for alt-right discourse, has been since inception, and with the advent of streaming and youtube celebrity you have hordes of CHILDREN having this shit normalized for them and just defending their fav content creators blindly. It is some fucking anxiety-inducing shit

It always amuses me that Milo went from writing this:

So perhaps what’s needed now is a bolder form of censure after all, because the internet is not a universal human right. If people cannot be trusted to treat one another with respect, dignity and consideration, perhaps they deserve to have their online freedoms curtailed. For sure, the best we could ever hope for is a smattering of unpopular show trials. But if the internet, ubiquitous as it now is, proves too dangerous in the hands of the psychologically fragile, perhaps access to it ought to be restricted. We ban drunks from driving because they’re a danger to others. Isn’t it time we did the same to trolls?

http://kernelmag.dailydot.com/yiannopoulos/3359/the-internet-is-turning-us-all-into-sociopaths/

to complaining about how he was banned on twitter for being a serial harasser.

I guess money makes some people crazy.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Yes, it cant be reiterated enough, video games is a fucking ripe platform for alt-right discourse, has been since inception, and with the advent of streaming and youtube celebrity you have hordes of CHILDREN having this shit normalized for them and just defending their fav content creators blindly. It is some fucking anxiety-inducing shit

I agree with you 100%. And it sucks when we have any counter measures against the alt-right seeping into games and gamer culture, like campo santo invocating copyright to hold content creators accountable for their shitty overt racism, we end up in a huge debate if it was the right thing to do.

Gattsu25

Banned

wow at those quotes. God damn, mans got issues.

The article goes into more than just that stuff:
dXSwmXH.jpg

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Change your fucking ad provider Neogaf...

Gv3MoYN.png
That happens when you google something way to much.
You can opt out the add by clicking don't want to see this add anymore.
If i google a certain car online several times neogaf adds will show me that car.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
If i google a certain car online several times neogaf adds will show me that car.

Then Google needs to look at their algorithms again because I get this ad when visiting off-topic. I've reported the ad anyway so at least I don't have to see it again.

It's crazy after how many repeats of GG or white supremacists threads on GAF, the moths still come put to get burnt.

Is it a bragging right to troll and then get instant banned?

I love it. Weed out the bullshit. As much as I don't want GAF to be pro-democrat, it's more of eliminating hate. I love you all, democrats, conservative, alt whatever the fuck you represent, but being ignorant to get a reaction doesn't belong in my world. Bring on love, not hate.

I love you all. Bring love. All you need is love! 🎵🎶🎹🎼

Him having a black husband does not preclude him frmo being a racist.

Klansmen will, on occasion, have black friends whom they see as 'the good one, not like the regular cotton picking bastards'.

It's not a defense that he's a hateful ass human being, Milo is LGBT but he sure as shit does hate gay people and trans people.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Surely you understand what custom ad serving is?
You're being served ads based on your purchases and what content you browse.

Google's trying to throw PC upgrades in my face all the time.

Like I said earlier, this is perplexing and I would never purchase or condone anything related to this shit. I don't even click any Milo related shit until I saw this thread and I had to chime in with my displeasure at seeing this ad being served to me in off-topic.

I've maybe googled him twice in the last 12 months... Once was when he was on Bill Maher, and the other was when the shit at Berkeley went down. I did report the ad however.

Head.spawn

The least shocking news I've ever seen. People weren't imagining the obvious connections; the only thing shocking is how gullible people were to subscribe to the rhetoric. Even sadder I'd say is seeing 40-50yo adults passing around obvious bs memes created for idiots usually with made up statistics and shit. Even saw someone on facebook say something dumb like 'got red pill'd glasses and you can see through the media lies!" in regards to the womans march/feminism IIRC. You've never seen a person cringe so hard.

This, this , this, THIS.

I'm really worried about future generations. We need an internet crack down to save our society.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
But if they "crack down" on the internet you'll get ISPs having tiers.

IMO were fucked and in 50 - 100 years everyone is going to kill everyone else anyway.

What does that have to do with anything? ISPs cynically removing net neutrality to reap in profits has nothing at all to do with cracking down on hate speech on the internet.

Like I said earlier, this is perplexing and I would never purchase or condone anything related to this shit. I don't even click any Milo related shit until I saw this thread and I had to chime in with my displeasure at seeing this ad being served to me in off-topic.

Interesting. Perhaps the topic itself generated the ad.. I'm being serious about that suggestion, too.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This, this , this, THIS.

I'm really worried about future generations. We need an internet crack down to save our society.

That suggestion is as bad as theresa may advocating for cracking down on internet freedoms like net neutrality to "stop terrorists". We dont need any more propping up of the surveillance state of the censor state for "protection". Google is already filtering search results pertinent to their own companies interest and the interest of affiliates.

There is no responsible party that could "crack down" without going too far.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
That suggestion is as bad as theresa may advocating for cracking down on internet freedoms like net neutrality to "stop terrorists". We dont need any more propping up of the surveillance state of the censor state for "protection". Google is already filtering search results pertinent to their own companies interest and the interest of affiliates.

There is no responsible party that could "crack down" without going too far.

If Google, Twitter and Facebook made a decision to ban white supremacists from using their platform, that would be bad why?

Foffy

Banned

You missed the bit where Milo went on the record to say that if there was a pill to cure gayness, he would instantly take it.

But he loves himself fully, he reminds us.

God made him perfect, he says.

Typical conservative hypocrite.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
If Google, Twitter and Facebook made a decision to ban white supremacists from using their platform, that would be bad why?

if they ever did do that, it would not just be "white supremacists" but anyone who made "offensive" comments or questionable statements. There would be no way to parse white supremacy through an algorithm.

Youtube is a good example, google just demonetized everyone instead of just the offensive channels like pewdiepie or sargon of akkad or whoever who hold up blatantly offensive content. And therefore it has a negative impact on the whole community.

If they could make some guarantee or promise that they would not hit anyone but white supremacist outlets specifically, and implemented that without affecting anyone else, fine.

Gator86

For Gaffers who want some lovely schadenfreude:

You can't really fail as a far right dirtbag though. Just claim you lost your job because of SJWs, act super martyred, and set up a Paetreon. This is especially true if you already have a media platform. They'll all land on their scummy feet.

You can't really fail as a far right dirtbag though. Just claim you lost your job because of SJWs, act super martyred, and set up a Paetreon. This is especially true if you already have a media platform. They'll all land on their scummy feet.

A certain Gadsden flag enthusiast comes to mind...

Nishastra

Banned
People actually say this? That’s insane
Usually not in those words, but I've definitely seen Wolfenstein referred to as an "SJW game" and looooots of people who had previously hated Pewdiepie's guts were suddenly rushing to his defense as soon as he started making jokes about killing Jews and saying racial slurs on streams.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

After reading that article, I'm very curious as to who is actually funding these outted white supremacist patreons. They always get a nice chunk of cash... and now we know where Milo's post-brietbart funding comes from.

watershed

Banned
These people and their agenda are awful. They are fundamentally horrible human beings and if fellow gaffers ever find yourselves defending them, pause and ask yourself some serious questions. Gamergate is poison and it has nothing to do with ethics in games journalism.

Top Bottom