• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos' controversial book is canceled for condoning pedophila

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold up can someone fill me in on this guy? Don't know too much about him.
Anti-feminist and all-around misogynist
http://fusion.net/story/220646/the-terrifying-allure-of-gamergate-icon-milo-yiannopoulos/
CbdctiZUsAAEtJ9.jpg

19814561-standard.png

19814503-standard.png

RkrrEtz.jpg

Anti-semitic and loves stuff about Nazis
Called a Buzfeed writer a "thick as pig shit media Jew"

tumblr_inline_o2qztx2z3h1rsbkqj_500_by_digi_matrix-dazgala.png

milo_yiannopoulos_by_digi_matrix-dazgakn.jpg

Was named Milo Andreas Wagner before, after the famous anti-semitic composer Richard Wagner
uqzkzx8_by_digi_matrix-dazgakl.png

tumblr_inline_o2r0d6lrzw1rsbkqj_400_by_digi_matrix-dazgaku.png

His poetry book
b7xxj6ycmaayzhk_by_digi_matrix-dazgal1.jpg

b7xgsuoceae4vqu_by_digi_matrix-dazgal8.jpg

Homophobe
www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/10/02/gay-columnist-claims-he-would-cure-his-homosexuality-if-he-could/
”Evolutionarily-speaking, I'm an outlier... gay people generally test higher for IQ than the rest of the population, and evolutionary biology suggests that people with high IQs tend to engage in dissident or unusual habits and practices in general. People with a very high IQ are more likely to be homosexual... I would say I'm not typical of the bulk of the species. Yes – I would agree it would be better if I didn't behave like this, and if I could choose to be heterosexual I would do so. If I could choose, I wouldn't be a homosexual. That doesn't make me self-loathing. I don't think it is self-loathing to acknowledge that being a homosexual is obviously a sort of an aberrant sexuality, something that mother nature does on the fringes, nobody really knows why, and it could be an elegant variation in the evolutionary process, it could be all sorts of things."​

Transphobe
milo_transphobia_bill_maher_by_digi_matrix-dazgak9.gif

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/10/3...nopoulos-goes-on-transphobic-tour-of-america/
Claims transgender people suffer from a "psychiatric disorder" ; ”gay men dressing up for attention"; on gender surgery ”travesty of medicine" and is like "electro-shock therapy to cure homosexuality" ; "makes no apologies for protecting women and children from men who are confused about their sexual identity" ; "women and girls should be protected from having men who are confused about their sexual identities in their bathroom" ; ”there's nothing irrational about fearing trannies, they're f***ing terrifying .... I'm serious! They're so scary!" ; ”Trannies can never be women, or men for the small slice of women insane enough to desire to give up female privilege" ; ”Never feel bad for mocking a transgender person...It is our job to point out their absurdity, to not make the problem worse by pretending they are normal...Much like fat-shaming, if our mockery drives them to get the help they need, we may save their life".

Loves conducting harassment campaigns
Racist harassment of Leslie Jones
Trans people
Immigrant students, wanted to conduct the campaign to get them deported before he cancelled his Berkeley talk
The letter expressed concerns that Yiannopoulos — a British writer for the right-wing opinion site Breitbart News — will use his appearance to kick off a campaign ”targeting the undocumented student community on our campus," and linked to an article published Tuesday on the site.

The article begins: ”Milo and the (conservative think tank) David Horowitz Freedom Center have teamed up to take down the growing phenomenon of ‘sanctuary campuses' that shelter illegal immigrants from being deported."

The UC Berkeley letter warns the Republican hosts of the event that Yiannopoulos could target individual students — holding up their photos or revealing personal information about them — during the speech that will be live-streamed, ”putting students at risk."
”Other targeted groups on our campus have experienced Horowitz' tactic of publicizing the names and pictures of individuals on posters throughout campus property, and there is a likelihood that there will be Horowitz-backed posters pasted throughout our campus," the letter said.

It continues: ”Backed by the Freedom Center (Yiannopoulos) will call for the withdrawal of federal grants and the prosecution of university officials who endanger their students with their policies, starting with UC President and former Secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano and Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks."​

Sex with minors is a good thing, a "coming of age relationship"
https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/833347036644777985
https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/833485040944156673

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJhHwspZGcg

This is disgusting. I hope Maher will always be known as "the guy who agrees with Milo." Seriously, this is the perfect gif of how lazy and sophomoric the type of liberalism Maher subscribes to is. Not only should he have had counter-data at the ready for the claims he would obviously make - assuming, of course, he had any intention to make any counters at all - but among intellectual liberals, the claim that trans people are disproportionately perpetrators of sex crimes is a claim that has been refuted time and time again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did Bill Maher win? Was this Bill's plan all along?

No. He got lucky. A conservative group sunk him by hitting him and not giving him a chance to respond after he got invited to CPAC.

Maher did a fucking stupid thing. He gave Milo a platform and a ticket into the mainstream. Had it not been for a conservative group's outrage at Milo being invited to CPAC, outrage Maher should have felt 1000-fold, and the fact Milo had this in his history, we wouldn't be getting a happy ending right now.

Maher deserves no credit, none of this was his doing. He deserves to get shit on for giving Milo a platform and damn near making him mainstream. If you want to give someone credit for this give it to the conservative group who played this exactly like Maher should have.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
No. He got lucky. A conservative group sunk him by hitting him and not giving him a chance to respond after he got invited to CPAC.

Maher did a fucking stupid thing. He gave Milo a platform and a ticket into the mainstream. Had it not been for a conservative group's outrage at being invited to CPAC, outrage Maher should have felt 1000-fold, and the fact Milo had this in his history, we wouldn't be getting a happy ending right now.

Maher deserves no credit, none of this was his doing. He deserves to get shit on for giving Milo a platform and damn near making him mainstream. If you want to give someone credit for this give it to the conservative group who played this exactly like Maher should have.

I honestly wonder how much traction this would have if Maher himself confronted Milo about this. I guess people would have been willing to shout "FAKE NEWS" and accept it because a liberal would have done the reveal and not conservatives. It would have made for some damn good TV though, at least.

2ALg3pB.gif

Seeing fucklord Milo being shat upon from the greatest heights by the very group he pandered to is a wonderful thing to witness.
I hope he continues to crash and burn.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I honestly wonder how much traction this would have if Maher himself confronted Milo about this. I guess people would have been willing to shout "FAKE NEWS" and accept it because a liberal would have done the reveal and not conservatives. It would have made for some damn good TV though, at least.

If he brought out the tape it would have stuck. There's two reasons this stuck:
  1. the fact there's a tape
  2. the fact they didn't give him room to dispute or spin it
Maher doesn't have the balls or the brains to do either of these things. Jon Stewart would have done it, Colbert maybe, but not Maher.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No, Bill Maher was Jar Jar Binks accidentally blowing up a tank in this situation. At best.

No no, that's giving him too much credit. Maher is Jar Jar giving Palpatine ultimate control of the Galactic Senate. Sure Luke and the Rebellion eventually save the day, but Jar Jar had nothing to do with any of it.

Maher is Jar Jar when he fucks up the galaxy and hands it over to a tyrant.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
If he brought out the tape it would have stuck. There's two reasons this stuck:
  1. the fact there's a tape
  2. the fact they didn't give him room to dispute or spin it
Maher doesn't have the balls or the brains to do either of these things. Jon Stewart would have done it, Colbert maybe, but not Maher.

Good points. And maybe him trying to spin it on the fly would have sunk him even more. I don't think he would have made it to overtime.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Good points. And maybe him trying to spin it on the fly would have sunk him even more. I don't think he would have made it to overtime.

The earlier someone can start damage control on a story the better off they'll be because once the original story takes hold it's hard to change people's perspectives on it. Had he been on he could potentially have saved his rep among Conservatives.

Also, did you see Milo spin? He ran circles around Maher. He had Maher agreeing with him more than challenging him. Maher is not the guy to hold someone's feet to the fire, all he can do is softball shit.

Making it to Overtime wouldn't have mattered, getting on the show and spewing his shit was Milo's only goal. He wasn't there to debate, it's why you don't give people like him a platform.

Eusis

No no, that's giving him too much credit. Maher is Jar Jar giving Palpatine ultimate control of the Galactic Senate. Sure Luke and the Rebellion eventually save the day, but Jar Jar had nothing to do with any of it.

Given how quickly this happened it'd probably be like Anakin going dark side, only to turn around and decide to off Palpatine anyway for crossing a line too far for him.

So probably if he decided to try zapping Luke in the womb rather than when he was grown up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Given how quickly this happened it'd probably be like Anakin going dark side, only to turn around and decide to off Palpatine anyway for crossing a line too far for him.

So probably if he decided to try zapping Luke in the womb rather than when he was grown up.

Except Maher literally had nothing to do with Milo's downfall. HE DESERVES NO CREDIT FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO MILO, HE DID JACK SHIT.

He is Jar Jar.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

I don't see how that metaphor holds up. Maher failed spectacularly but he wasn't the electoral college.

Jombie

This is disgusting. I hope Maher will always be known as "the guy who agrees with Milo." Seriously, this is the perfect gif of how lazy and sophomoric the type of liberalism Maher subscribes to is. Not only should he have had counter-data at the ready for the claims he would obviously make - assuming, of course, he had any intention to make any counters at all - but among intellectual liberals, the claim that trans people are disproportionately perpetrators of sex crimes is a claim that has been refuted time and time again.

I love that gif about as much as I hate it. I hope it embodies Maher's legacy.

Toxi

Banned
Man, doesn't this cover just grab you? I can only imagine how exciting and dangerous this book would have been.

51EYrsOsk1L._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Nether!

What happens to people like this after they crash and burn?
Apply to be corporate communications coordinators and explain during the interview the gap in their resume was when they were employed, full-time, as a professional bigot?

Nah, Bill Maher doesn't get to win, he's just lucky Milo spewed his transphobia but Bill himself said "that's not unreasonable" when Milo says he doesn't want transgender people in the women's bathroom.
milo_bill_maher_thats_not_unreasonable_trans_bathr_by_digi_matrix-dazu1i4.gif

Man, doesn't this cover just grab you? I can only imagine how exciting and dangerous this book would have been.

51EYrsOsk1L._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I just wanna say, that cover is reaaaaaaally unflattering. The lighting is all sorts of weird and it makes him look like he has a misshapen potato alien head.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Milo wasn't even taken down by a debate of free speech, but by online protesters complaining about views that everyone already finds terrible and getting deny him denied from the CPAC platform thanks to that. Basically exactly what liberals tried to say to Maher, but Maher's too big of a jerk to listen.

NoRéN

Reminds me of Ted Cruz and Trump. Had Maher held out a couple of weeks...

Fuck that guy.

Eusis

Except Maher literally had nothing to do with Milo's downfall. HE DESERVES NO CREDIT FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO MILO, HE DID JACK SHIT.

He is Jar Jar.
Oh, I know, that'd be the conservative group being Vader in this nulling Jar Jar's damage immediately rather than taking 20+ years.

I suppose his activities in Episode II count as being Sith/Conservative enough. And there'd be no redemption, just "you're too evil even for me and I blow up planets!"

He almost mainstreamed a bigot due to his incompetence.

It's funny how Maher likes to call Trump voters stupid when he fell for Milo in the exact same manner that so many people fell for Trump.

Trump said a lot of odious shit, and voters who agreed with some of it were able to ignore the rest. Maher was the same way with Milo. People were charmed by the way Trump spoke because they felt like he was one of them, and Maher, being the smug prick that he is, was similarly charmed by another smug prick like Milo. Voters couldn't be bothered to look up any facts about Trump's talking points because they liked what they heard, just like how Maher didn't bother to with Milo.

Bill Maher is a moron, is what I'm saying.

And both Trump and Milo were most hurt by videos that were recorded when they felt free to be as horrible as possible, and not by any debates that exposed their stupidity.

Gattsu25

Banned
It's funny how Maher likes to call Trump voters stupid when he fell for Milo in the exact same manner that so many people fell for Trump.

Trump said a lot of odious shit, and voters who agreed with some of it were able to ignore the rest. Maher was the same way with Milo. People were charmed by the way Trump spoke because they felt like he was one of them, and Maher, being the smug prick that he is, was similarly charmed by another smug prick like Milo. Voters couldn't be bothered to look up any facts about Trump's talking points because they liked what they heard, just like how Maher didn't bother to with Milo.

And both Trump and Milo were most hurt by videos that were recorded when they felt free to be as horrible as possible, and not by any debates that exposed their stupidity.

Well. Said.

Mac_Lane

Seeing the downfall of this piece of shit is just so satisfying. Hadn't experienced those levels of schadenfreude in quite a while.

Got

Banned

Bill Maher is a moron, is what I'm saying.

His response this week will be something worth watching. He won't be able to let it go and he'll imply that he's partly the reason why this occurred.

Seeing the downfall of this piece of shit is just so satisfying. Hadn't experienced those levels of schadenfreude in quite a while.

Not to rain on the parade (I'm happy that MILO is finally getting some real heat).
But didn't Yiannopolous make it to the mainstream because of the Berkely riots against him which canceled his speech?

I guess this cancellation by the publisher will be another popularity boost for Milo. In the end will find another publisher, because "Dangerous" is so controversial.
After all, this book was #1 on amazon at some point.

IMHO this pedophilia-scandal will only reinforce those who already hated him while those who agreed with Milo will be like "eh, lying main stream media back at it again".
Milo and Breitbart will make this about "free speech is restricted, see?!" and in the end they'll sell more books than they would have without the cancellation. Sad.

Jack Tapper picked it up too. It was going to break out.

Tapper's on it? God, it's like fucking Christmas today.

Not to rain on the parade (I'm happy that MILO is finally getting some real heat).
But didn't Yiannopolous make it to the mainstream because of the Berkely riots against him which canceled his speech?

I guess this cancellation NY the publisher will be another popularity boost for Milo. In the end will find another publisher, because "Dangerous" is so controversial.
After all, this book was #1 on amazon at some point.

IMHO this pedophilia-scandal will only reinforce those who already hated him while those who agreed with Milo will be like "eh, lying main stream media back at it again".
Milo and Breitbart will make this about "free speech is restricted, see?!" and in the end they'll sell more books than they would have without the cancellation. Sad.

I know what you're trying to say, but remember, this isn't just a standard scandal. This is defense of PEDOPHILIA. As much as this guy has shrugged off, there are very few people who have shrugged off that.

Pedophilia sticks. Unlike racism, sexism, homophobia or just general hatred, pedophilia sticks. It's gorilla glue. The info wasn't leaked by a left wing website, all of this was done by conservatives (possibly involved in their own purity test considering he's bi).

There is a bit of a wait and see, but since his book deal has been dropped, we can be a bit more optimistic.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I am a bit curious, would this of gained traction the way it did if Milo didn't directly respond to it on Facebook?

I have never heard of this blog.

It was gaining traction with prominent conservatives. His panicked facebook post was because he saw conservatives turning on him.

Tapper denouncing it probably meant less than we'd like to think, but he certainly brought more eyes to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom