• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos' controversial book is canceled for condoning pedophila

Status
Not open for further replies.

eot

Banned
If you were molested, and you deal with it by getting a platform and telling everyone how awesome it was you don't get pity points when you then turn around and tell people to feel sorry for you. I hate it when people say this, but he need therapy or something.

IrishNinja

I actually do hope they turn on BrietBart when/if he gets fired. I hope they start yelling at them about free speech.

oh man, i'd be thinking how great that breitbart L would be if they finally fire him, but yeah, watching these knuckleheads make their list of REAL NEWS TM even shorter would be funny too

Torokil

Conservatives are distancing themselves and there is no way a chunk of even the alt-right havent left him. The only gain he can have is pedophiles. There is 0 chance this controversy ends in his favor.

The people who torpedoed Milo are #NeverTrumpers. They are old movement conservatives who died on the hill fighting Trump and CPAC is like their last 'thing' not tainted completely by Trumpism.

That Reagan account has hated Milo for awhile, only because he was gay, of course.

The alt right alliance however...

cS8I5Nv.png

RedHill

Banned
The people who torpedoed Milo are #NeverTrumpers. They are old movement conservatives who died on the hill fighting Trump and CPAC is like their last 'thing' not tainted completely by Trumpism.

That Reagan account has hated Milo for awhile, only because he was gay, of course.

cS8I5Nv.png
What is that, the fucking Blair witch project?

scamander

Banned
If there is one asshole in the world who deserves to lose everything, it's Milo. It would be glorious, if Breitbart were firing him, too.^^

bye-b.gif

Snagret

If you were molested, and you deal with it by getting a platform and telling everyone how awesome it was you don't get pity points when you then turn around and tell people to feel sorry for you. I hate it when people say this, but he need therapy or something.
Exactly. Milo is a sick, twisted person who advocates hatred and I have no room in my heart to sympathize with someone who condones an experience other victims in similar situations would consider damaging and traumatic. Just like how him being gay gives him no points when he spreads homophobic messages, him being a victim of molestation gives him no benefit of the doubt when he stands up and defends child sex abuse.

He needs help, but he needs to seek that in his own time instead of projecting his issues onto the entire world and morphing his experiences into a defense for some truly reprehensible shit that only muddies the conversations we should be having about child molestation. Him coming out and saying he enjoyed his pubescent sexual experience with an older man in a position of power over him helps absolutely nobody, and if anything only piles onto the stigma that sexual abuse victims face.

cS8I5Nv.png

Edward Heath was a member of the right-wing conservative party, the same ones who house pig fuckers like David Cameron, and who protected kid fuckers in the 1970s. They are also the same ones who are buddy buddy with Trump and want to now crack down on immigrants.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I saw many more 'moderate' conservatives defend Milo, or at least use him as a proxy to attack the 'intolerant left' and those who want to remove platforms from people like Milo.

Will those 'political correctness gone mad', 'free speech!', 'triggered snowflakes!' bleaters of the even the more moderate right stand up for him and his 'right' to a platform now?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
This should be their advertisement:
"Here at Simon & Schuster we are okay with bigotry, misogyny, racism, anti-semitism, transphobia, homophobia, islamophobia, xenophobia and sexism, but we draw the line at condoning pedophilia. We are not without morals."

Good. The guy's a scumbag who thrives on making other people's lives a misery and I hope this is the total ruin of him. Breitbart should fire him as well.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

cS8I5Nv.png
What the fuck happened to Alex Jones? He was always a kook, but at least he used to be against all powers that be, whether Bush or Obama. There was something comforting in that equal opportunity crazy.

Now you're a shill for Trump and Milo? GTFO. Where's my old school "everything's an NWO conspiracy" peeps?? You got "captured", Jones....

nomis

What the fuck happened to Alex Jones? He was always a kook, but at least he used to be against all powers that be, whether Bush or Obama. There was something comforting in that equal opportunity crazy.

Now you're a shill for Trump and Milo? GTFO. Where's my old school "everything's an NWO conspiracy" peeps??

he should check in with Donald and see if Bams ever gave him the keys to the tornado machine

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Now you're a shill for Trump and Milo? GTFO. Where's my old school "everything's an NWO conspiracy" peeps?? You got "captured", Jones....

makes his living mining angry suckers. struck the motherlode.

Nightbird

Okay, i am pretty late on this whole Milo situation.

Could someone give me a quick rundown on everything that happend leading up to this?

The last thing i knew was that his speech at a university was cancelled,and that he was going to be on Bill Mahers show. And now he's a pedophile?

I am pretty confused right now..

Greddleok

Historically the age of consent has been higher for same-sex relationships than in heterosexual intercourse. Not sure if it's like that still in the US, but in the UK they reduced it from 21 to 18, to 16 finally in 2001, to match that of hetero sex.

If his point is "The age of consent for gay people should be the same as straight people" then I totally agree with him. Depends on what "teenager" means.

Carcetti

Okay, i am pretty late on this whole Milo situation.

Could someone give me a quick rundown on everything that happend leading up to this?

The last thing i knew was that his speech at a university was cancelled,and that he was going to be on Bill Mahers show. And now he's a pedophile?

I am pretty confused right now..

Milo is and always has been a scumbag that thrives on controversy, a vile parasite hailing from the stinking nether regions of human race.

Liberals have been saying this for years but conservatives loved him because he's been a handy human shield to hide behind. He went on Bill Maher and Maher practically fellated him the whole interview, making himself look like an idiot. Next thing you know, a conservative site uncovers a tape where Milo says 'Pedophilia is awesome!' and now conservatives are trying to run away from this association as fast as possible.

Nightbird

Milo is and always has been a scumbag that thrives on controversy, a vile parasite hailing from the stinking nether regions of human race.

Liberals have been saying this for years but conservatives loved him because he's been a handy human shield to hide behind. He went on Bill Maher and Maher practically fellated him the whole interview, making himself look like an idiot. Next thing you know, a conservative site uncovers a tape where Milo says 'Pedophilia is awesome!' and now conservatives are trying to run away from this association as fast as possible.

Seriously? What the fuck?
I always knew he was a Piece of Crap, but that's a new low.

Is there a link to that tape? i wanna see it.

jmood88

Seriously. "The Left" didn't remove him from the CPAC schedule. And "The Left" isn't in charge of Breitbart and debating whether to fire him. How is this slipping past their minds? They simply don't think that a person from the alt or far right who spends their lives fucking with other people, spreading dangerous misinformation and destroying lives might one day nick an artery they shouldn't have unless it's by "Progressive Leftist Libtard PC SJW" machinations
Hey man, George Soros has his tentacles in everything.

If his point is "The age of consent for gay people should be the same as straight people" then I totally agree with him. Depends on what "teenager" means.
That topic didn't come up at all as far as I can tell. He said that sometimes sex between 13 year olds and 28 year olds is OK because some teens are mature for their age.

hidys

Has anyone tried to track down Father Michael? If Milo didn't use a pseudonym I can't imagine it would be that hard to find him.

Boem

Therapy only works if you want to be helped and if you're willing to accept new viewpoints, especially ones that put how you see yourself in a different light.

That's not the kind of thing people like him are willing/able to do. They're not big on self-reflection.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Historically the age of consent has been higher for same-sex relationships than in heterosexual intercourse. Not sure if it's like that still in the US, but in the UK they reduced it from 21 to 18, to 16 finally in 2001, to match that of hetero sex.

Rest assured, that was his argument, and also that Hitler was bad and that hurting animals is wrong.

Oh people investigate this but nothing over the mountains of pedogate evidence. Makes you think. - Twitter idiots on Julian Assange's tweet.

I got into an argument today with an alt-righter(actually, 2 of them) because they were literally saying "Who cares about pedophiles? How does that effect anyone's life?" and "Sounds like you're really interested in pedophilia, remembering some childhood memories? No one else cares".

These people are literally insane. They're evil.

SerTapTap

I got into an argument today with an alt-righter(actually, 2 of them) because they were literally saying "Who cares about pedophiles? How does that effect anyone's life?" and "Sounds like you're really interested in pedophilia, remembering some childhood memories? No one else cares".

This has long been known. It's why people saying we need to "heal the divide" are idiots. Any conservatives gone to their side are fucking morons and we'll respect them if and only if they come back and stop being morons.

That latter quote is pure evil, holy shit.

Lime

It's not about logics, but emotions for them. Same thing with gamergaters who go through illogical and contradictory rationalizations of their bigotry to continue their harassment and terrorism. Just look at 'we aren't misogynists' *proceeds to harass women out of video games*

It's simply a prime example of the lengths that the human brain go to in order to rationalize evil and immoral behavior

I remember a lot of people were upset about Milo going on Maher. How we shouldn't give him a platform, or exposure. How the people claiming that the best way to discredit his views were to debate instead of suppress, were foolish. Yet all the exposure he's been getting since this weekend got him a spotlight on this particular topic, leading to a book cancellation, uninvitation to CPAC and pushback from Breitbart. So in the end, which side was right ? Blowing up Milo on National media hurt him instead of helping him, which is great.

I remember a lot of people were upset about Milo going on Maher. How we shouldn't give him a platform, or exposure. How the people claiming that the best way to discredit his views were to debate instead of suppress, were foolish. Yet all the exposure he's been getting since this weekend got him a spotlight on this particular topic, leading to a book cancellation, uninvitation to CPAC and pushback from Breitbart. So in the end, which side was right ? Blowing up Milo on National media hurt him instead of helping him, which is great.

You seem to be ignoring that none of this is related to Maher or his appearance there.

All of this came about after the CPAC invite and a conservative group putting out the stuff about him condoning pedophilia.

Steel

Banned
would you look at that, Julian Assange is stepping up to fight censorship

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/833899054602002433

The number of comments literally, in no uncertain terms, saying it's ok for 13 year-olds to have sex with adults("It happens all the time, with consent!") makes me fear for humanity. Assange is scum.

Conservatives were the ones that told him to piss off tho lol

Assange actually responds to a point like this in the comments.

Julian Assange ‏@JulianAssange 7h7 hours ago
More
.@nycjaneyvee Issue is 'liberals' cheering on a clearly illiberal act -- book censorship -- for political reasons with morality as cover.

Nepenthe

This is only proof of the rule if you think every shithead who believes in Milo's social views has the skeleton of being a child rapist or defender of it in their closet. If not, yay for the continued normalization of white people debating about my worth as a human being, because that's something that definitely needs to be academically discussed over 400 years into this shitty experiment of a country.

That latter quote is pure evil, holy shit.

Even worse is he flat out refused to say pedophilia was wrong and any time I asked he just deflected to "You're only upset because he's conservative" and "I bet you didn't care about Hilary's child sex island"(WTF??) then called me a "snowflake getting your panties in a knot" over it. I've never met anyone so defendant of sex abuse to children and seriously made me want to get violent. I had to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom