• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos' controversial book is canceled for condoning pedophila

Status
Not open for further replies.
The alt-right has been baited into defending (or at least deflecting from) the one last thing they had to try to take the democrats down, by way of Pizzagate. What a time to be alive.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Good news, but pretty pathetic that they'd cancel his book only after THIS horrible subject comes up and not after all of his other bigoted, transphobic, and misogynist views. :-/

SerTapTap

The number of comments literally, in no uncertain terms, saying it's ok for 13 year-olds to have sex with adults("It happens all the time, with consent!") makes me fear for humanity. Assange is scum.

Assange actually responds to a point like this in the comments.

These people think not speaking at a private event or getting a book deal is "restricting free speech". If you love free speech so much, give me your twitter account, I have a right to speak on any platform I want, right?

The levels of bullshit in this one tweet are dizzying.

I love Twitter though, it really keeps people honest who spend too much time on it.

C5KcguXUoAA-m56.jpg

These people think not speaking at a private event or getting a book deal is "restricting free speech". If you love free speech so much, give me your twitter account, I have a right to speak on any platform I want, right?

The first amendment only applies to GOVERNMENT censorship or imprisonment for speech. It does not apply to PRIVATE entities.

But of course the people sucking up to Assange aren't the type of people to actually know the Constitution.

Jombie

This shit makes me feel legitimately bad for having a child. I just don't understand this level of inhumanity. If pedophilia isn't a threshold for human awfulness then literally everything is on the table. These people are a threat.

hodgy100

But I don't understand I'm missing something. Here Milo seems to be absolutely against pedophilia, no?

hes against helping people that are afflicted with paedophilia from seeking mental assistance here.

so hes against taking preventative action to child molestation technically

Portugeezer

I am not someone who is against his lack of political correctness or whatnot, however after his Bill Maher appearance I am pretty sure he is just balls deep in spewing shit and doesn't know how to do anything else anymore. Just keeps digging that hole. As I said, I was all for him talking his shit but when he keeps doing it... At what point is he making a dark joke to offend on purpose and at what point is he being serious? The lines have been blurred and he deserves the BS he receives from this.

White boys puppies and baby seals.

The last lines in our society.

ftfy

But I don't understand I'm missing something. Here Milo seems to be absolutely against pedophilia, no?

and the U.S. Senator that was tapping feet with dudes in a bathroom stall supported anti-LGBT legislation

people hate what they are occasionally and end up projecting, news at 11

hes against helping people that are afflicted with paedophilia from seeking mental assistance here.

And there could be the flip side to this - he doesn't view it as mental illness (or doesn't want himself to be mentally ill), and thinks it should be normalized, deep down.

G.O.O.

We can also sum up his views on homosexuality. Gays should stay in the closet, it's OK to harass them, and a good way for them to accept themselves is through the unconditional love of a pedophile. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Venture

He is against pedophilia. It's just that he has his own sick, twisted definition of it. According to him if there's "consent" between the child and the adult then it's not really pedophilia.

These people have won. They run the world now. :(

No, they haven't.

Quit dooming and glooming.

This is putting the horror-show of the alt-right on display for all to see.

People will almost certainly never entertain their views/let this level of bullshit stand for as long as it has in the future. It just sadly had to happen first.

rjinaz

Oh so Assange doesn't understand what Free Speech is either. Why am I not surprised?

Hey idiot, nobody has to publish his book, and nobody is making it illegal either. There is no "censorship".

Astral Dog

I love Twitter though, it really keeps people honest who spend too much time on it.

C5KcguXUoAA-m56.jpg

The first amendment only applies to GOVERNMENT censorship or imprisonment for speech. It does not apply to PRIVATE entities.

But of course the people sucking up to Assange aren't the type of people to actually know the Constitution.
Wait,he is talking about the victims !? o_O

This freaking madman

Historically the age of consent has been higher for same-sex relationships than in heterosexual intercourse. Not sure if it's like that still in the US, but in the UK they reduced it from 21 to 18, to 16 finally in 2001, to match that of hetero sex.

If his point is "The age of consent for gay people should be the same as straight people" then I totally agree with him. Depends on what "teenager" means.

No, he said that sometimes its ok for 13 year olds to have sex with 28 year old, because they have hit puberty and they are becoming sexual and could learn from that relationship. That is literally what he said.

Then he tried to deflect by saying, "Oh, it's not pedophilia, its ephebophilia, so it's totally cool guys!".

APF

I remember a lot of people were upset about Milo going on Maher. How we shouldn't give him a platform, or exposure. How the people claiming that the best way to discredit his views were to debate instead of suppress, were foolish. Yet all the exposure he's been getting since this weekend got him a spotlight on this particular topic, leading to a book cancellation, uninvitation to CPAC and pushback from Breitbart. So in the end, which side was right ? Blowing up Milo on National media hurt him instead of helping him, which is great.
By your logic you should be condemning these results, since they are limiting his platform. It makes no sense to suggest that people who didn't want to give him a platform were wrong, using the fact that people are not giving him a platform as evidence. The only conclusion you can reach is that no-platforming was correct all along and only now are people on the traditional conservative side realizing this.

rjinaz

Wait,he is talking about the victims !? o_O

This freaking madman

What's hypocritical there is that he is making no distinction between pedophilia and child molestation. He is saying that those that have the disorder but haven't done anything illegal, should be treated like terrorists, chemically altered, etc.

Now that's a different debate in on itself. BUT, coming from Milo of all people is hilarious. He wants to make a distinction between sex with under 13 kids and sex with over 13 kids and teens, but doesn't care to make the distinction between actual sex and attraction.

I remember a lot of people were upset about Milo going on Maher. How we shouldn't give him a platform, or exposure. How the people claiming that the best way to discredit his views were to debate instead of suppress, were foolish. Yet all the exposure he's been getting since this weekend got him a spotlight on this particular topic, leading to a book cancellation, uninvitation to CPAC and pushback from Breitbart. So in the end, which side was right ? Blowing up Milo on National media hurt him instead of helping him, which is great.

Conservatives didn't watch Maher's show and then decide to dig for dirt on him because they suddenly didn't like him. They already knew who he was. Maher deserves zero credit for this.

Silexx

I think this is a good primer for people trying to understand why people like Milo try to make a distinction between 'pedophilia' and 'ephebophilia'

Dan Olson w/ an 'O'
‏@FoldableHuman

I should, but probably won't, get around to writing long form about the uneasy alliance of Nazis and pedophiles.

The root is that sharing the same websites means cross pollination is somewhat inevitable

This is smoothed by the "Ephebophile" crowd and how well that meshes with traditionalist Nazi paternalism and the infantilization of women

Pretty much any patriarchal space has its share of dudes defending "natural male sexuality" and jerking off to 13 year olds.

Some channers who think they're witty have pointed out that Aryan Nation hates pedos and murder them first, as though that's a slam dunk.

First, this is why it's an uneasy, and principally online, alliance. More about protecting their shared dank, slimy "free speech" corners.

Second is the importance of the "ephebophile" idea and its role in re-drawing the boundaries.

The entire purpose of that word, and you can see this endlessly on Reddit, is to maintain the appearance of opposition while not actually.

So while, yeah, the Aryan Nation hates child molesters they also totally think that 14 is a fine age for girls to start "saving the race"

8chan hobbyist Nazis with their less well defined (and often deeply rooted in self-loathing) ideology tend to be even less rigorous.

Perfect example here would be the endless rhetoric against "degenerates" on KiwiFarms when everyone on KF meets their own definition of same

chan Nazis vocally hate pedos, but they still hang out on sites best known for trading child abuse images.

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/783851327042392068

What the fuck happened to Alex Jones? He was always a kook, but at least he used to be against all powers that be, whether Bush or Obama. There was something comforting in that equal opportunity crazy.

Now you're a shill for Trump and Milo? GTFO. Where's my old school "everything's an NWO conspiracy" peeps?? You got "captured", Jones....

Thank you!

I used to love hearing his crazy rants against the government... and now he is swinging from Trump's nuts like his life is in danger.

Sad!

On the publishing context of why it got pulled and how money drives Milo's bigotry

*image*

Eh, I'll take it. It would mean that conservatives want nothing to do with him anymore. With little-to-no support from either side, he should hopefully stop being relevant to any political discourse.

From what I understand his stance is that once someone is sexually mature(for him it's after puberty I think) they are ready for the D...or P, No matter how old that D or P is.

I think I phrased that right

LNBL

The fact that him condoning pedophilia is what pushed people/media to finally realize what a hate monger he is, is equally as ridiculous and disgusting.

LakeEarth

Thank you!

I used to love hearing his crazy rants against the government... and now he is swinging from Trump's nuts like his life is in danger.

Sad!
The sudden "switch" of long-time held beliefs due to the GOP propaganda machine is obvious and shocking at it's effectiveness. There's a guy called the "liberal redneck" on Youtube that's mentioned that a lot of redneck guys he knows have suddenly started "support the police" due to the BLM protests. When the hell did that start happening? I mean, there's a reason why "Dukes of Hazard" main villain is corrupt politicians and police.

From what I understand his stance is that once someone is sexually mature(for him it's after puberty I think) they are ready for the D...or P, No matter how old that D or P is.

I think I phrased that right

The sudden "switch" of long-time held beliefs due to the GOP propaganda machine is obvious and shocking at it's effectiveness. There's a guy called the "liberal redneck" on Youtube that's mentioned that a lot of redneck guys he knows have suddenly started "support the police" due to the BLM protests. When the hell did that start happening? I mean, there's a reason why "Dukes of Hazard" main villain is corrupt politicians and police.

That's a really interesting take, and it makes sense.

The comedian / YTer's name is "Trae Crowder" btw - love that guy.

Media

Bye Milo, you won't be missed. I'm sorry you were molested, but a lot of people were and don't use it as an excuse for being a shitty human being. In fact, most people who were molested are not shitty humans at all!

And Trump is more than likely himself a pedophile. Give it time, give it time, all will be revealed.

That ship sailed, and the witnesses got sued into oblivion.

Without damning video or audio ... hell, even WITH it, I'm not sure it matters.

Remember the sitting POTUS admitted to sexually assaulting women, with 0 concern.

shiba5

The fact that him condoning pedophilia is what pushed people/media to finally realize what a hate monger he is, is equally as ridiculous and disgusting.

But they didn't. They were perfectly fine with all the gross stuff he said until he went too far. Now that he can't be used as a shield anymore they've thrown their garbage in the trash.

But they didn't. They were perfectly fine with all the gross stuff he said until he went too far. Now that he can't be used as a shield anymore they've thrown their garbage in the trash.

Not just fine with it either. He was literally rewarded with fame, access and money for all of the gross things he said. They ate up his hatred like prime sirloin and paid out their asses for a taste of it just the same.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So this guy is terrible clearly. But what beef does he have with women taking birth control pills?

Lime

I'm not sure I get all that. What does she mean by "conservative no-platforming" ?

That Milo lost his book deal because conservatives washed their hands off him. They withdrew their support or willingness to fork over money to read his bigotry shit about 'free speech' (aka violence towards minorities)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom