• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mind blowing: Portal completed in 18 minutes

I fucking love speedruns. I would be so bold to say that this is the best speed run ever captured. It's right up there with the Half-Life run thats on Youtube and the various Halo/Halo2 runs that are out there.

Magnus

I...don't even understand what happened in the last thirty seconds. :lol

I wasn't aware you could even interact with the detached eyes until they fell off one by one. Amazing.

Sincere apologies. =/ Spoiler-tagged.

Although what I said kind of pales in comparison to the use of the words
end boss
in the first post.... lol.

Magnus said:

I wasn't aware you could even interact with the detached eyes until they fell off one by one. Amazing.

HEY BE CAREFUL DOOOOOD! Might wanna black that shit out.

derder

Magnus said:

spoiler that shit quick

Holy SHIT @
the GLADoS fight
. I've rewatched it 3 times, and I STILL can't wrap my head around how he did it that quickly. I'll make a note: HUGE SUCCESS.

What the hell... I can't even tell what's going on.

erm... i just noticed that on the turrets level (first one) he just knocks the turrets down with a cube. I kinda remember those turrets being protected with cages oO.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Grimm Fandango said:
Some of the stuff isn't that surprising after getting some gold medals for least time. Still nuts though.

yep, recognized some stuff in the later rooms from attempting the challenges and using the tricks. some are soo hard. still can't get that cube jump to work :(
the final minute was amazing, not sure what he did there

@metalmurphy: cages only appear in the advance version of the room

Ferrio

Banned
Magnus said:

Sincere apologies. =/ Spoiler-tagged.

Although what I said kind of pales in comparison to the use of the words
end boss
in the first post.... lol.

He used the turret shooting outta the portal he made to knock them off.

Pachinko

call it taking advantage of something most likely didn't consider, the turrets knock the eyes off before they'd normally detach so instead of jumping around like a yahoo to grab them all 3 are on the floor portal here portal there and you're done. This is a super impressive vid.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
runrofl2.gif
It just reminds me how hysterical the voice was as you go through the game. Its so much better back to back to back when this guy does it lol.

Amazing skill as well. Props to this guy for his hard work. And my god could it be emphasized enough how amazingly he handled the boss fight? Geezus. Mad props my man.

Metalmurphy said:
What the hell... I can't even tell what's going on.

erm... i just noticed that on the turrets level (first one) he just knocks the turrets down with a cube. I kinda remember those turrets being protected with cages oO.

That's the advaced map.

edit: beaten :(

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Rorschach said:
This is being done with the superior xbox 360 controller, right?

heh yeah, the mouse. on 360 you'd come nowhere near this time. gold challenges are hard enough

Darunia said:
heh yeah, the mouse. on 360 you'd come nowhere near this time. gold challenges are hard enough

It's also damn near impossible to do that Weighted Companion Cube jump glitch too. I gave up on the medals for that fucking level.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Ok so I'm missing the whole thing?

How did the turret do anything other than shoot himself? The turret can't shoot through the energy door can it? Even so what would he be hitting at that odd angle?

vumpler said:
Ok so I'm missing the whole thing?

How did the turret do anything other than shoot himself? The turret can't shoot through the energy door can it? Even so what would he be hitting at that odd angle?

I think the turret was hitting GLaDOS which made her drop the orbs except the first one which was scripted.

Ferrio got it.

Top Bottom