• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MINDHUNTER |OT| Netflix Original Series - Oct 13

Robot Pants

7HNz8W.jpg

FgijUE.jpg

Dredd97

won't lie,

netflix is really knocking it out of the park with their original movies and tv series..

aravuus

I got an email from Netflix yesterday about this and just sort of dismissed it right away, but I had no idea it's from Fincher.

Definitely checking this out at some point.

duckroll

Is this the thread where we just worship Fincher for a week and praise the perfection that is Zodiac because there is nothing else to discuss? :)

Read the book at the police academy along with Robert Ressler's Whoever Fights Monsters... highly recommend the latter if you haven't picked it up.

Give it to me, Netflix.

awcarew

Really excited for this one. I hope they knock it out of the park and we get multiple seasons.

It's already been renewed for Season 2. Netflix just leased a huge facility in Warrendale, PA for the next season. Seems they are betting big on this one.

kevin1025

Banned
Anna Torv back working for the FBI, where she belongs!

I've loved the sound of this show since it was announced, can't wait to watch it!

This has got to be a hugely expensive production, right?

Netflix hasn't been shy at all about throwing huge wads of cash to see what will stick, and I cant imagine Fincher's time is all that cheap.

I'm just hoping its great (obviously) and that it makes sense for them to give it a non truncated run.

Read the book at the police academy along with Robert Ressler's Whoever Fights Monsters... highly recommend the latter if you haven't picked it up.

Give it to me, Netflix.

Yeah, I read a bunch of these books when I was getting my MA in Forensic Psychology. I definitely prefer Ressler to Douglas.

Judging from the preview, looks like Edmund Kemper is featured in the show - that's going to be one hell of an interview. That guy is terrifying.

Netflix hasn't been shy at all about throwing huge wads of cash to see what will stick, and I cant imagine Fincher's time is all that cheap.

I'm just hoping its great (obviously) and that it makes sense for them to give it a non truncated run.
With Fincher and his rep at Netflix with House of Cards, you can be sure this has a high budget.

robotrock

Banned
does Netflix push stuff usually? I feel like I haven't really heard much about this around, which is weird to me considering it's the first Fincher thing since Gone Girl.

This has been something that Fincher has been trying to make for a while, he pitched it to HBO years ago but they didn't pick it up.

duckroll

With Fincher and his rep at Netflix with House of Cards, you can be sure this has a high budget.

Fincher only directed two episodes of House of Cards too. If imdb's updates are to be believed, he's directing the first two and last two episodes of this first season. Kinda crazy.

awcarew

does Netflix push stuff usually? I feel like I haven't really heard much about this around, which is weird to me considering it's the first Fincher thing since Gone Girl.

There's some sort of bizarre embargo around Mindhunter. Some guy that writes for The Guardian just posted on Instagram that he interviewed Anna Torv, but it can't be published yet because everything about the show is <REDACTED>. Netflix seems to be intentionally keeping this show under lockdown similar to Showtime and Twin Peaks. I honestly have no clue why, but a few critics have seen screeners of Episodes 1+2 and seem to have loved it.

iiicon

I don't have time for another Netflix crime show. Ozark, Narcos S3, American Vandal, Suburra, this, it's all too much. At least Ozark was released over the summer away from this group of shows releasing over a six week period.

Oh well. It's a good problem to have. Here's hoping this one is good.

TARS

Neo Member
I'm so in for this, I'm always up for whatever Fincher brings, and thankfully he's directing more than just a couple of episodes.

Hyped. Fincher can't lose when it comes to stories about serial killers.

No lies detected.

Hard for me to get that excited though until confirmation that he's in for the long haul.

Though I guess this is the kind of show where the first season could work as a standalone work (I'm working under the cynical assumption that Fincher won't be involved after this year and that Netflix will run the show into the ground).

Robot Pants

I don't have time for another Netflix crime show. Ozark, Narcos S3, American Vandal, Suburra, this, it's all too much. At least Ozark was released over the summer away from this group of shows releasing over a six week period.

Oh well. It's a good problem to have. Here's hoping this one is good.
You’ll make time for this one and like it!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've been a sucker for Serial Killer related things since I was a kid (should I be worried about that? lol), and I love this approach to the early days of even labeling people as serial killers. Also, David Fincher... so yeah, im excited.

awcarew

I'm working under the cynical assumption that Fincher won't be involved after this year and that Netflix will run the show into the ground.

It seems David Fincher is already pretty heavily involved with Mindhunter Season 2. He did an interview this week in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and said he mapped out a 5 year plan for the series. Fincher also said Mindhunter S2 was supposed to start filming last Spring (before a single episode even aired), but he decided to delay production to 2018 because he wanted more time to work on the scripts.

awcarew

Glad to see Anna Torv's still getting work. Looking forward to this.

Same here! I'm just shocked how she's somehow avoided having any media presence even with Mindhunter just 3 days away. Barely any pics of her have ever surfaced on-line since Fringe ended in 2013.

Top Bottom