• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mindjack E3 2010 Trailer (Square Enix x feelplus)

Sacha

Just caught this on IGN : http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/77387/mindjack/videos/e32010_mindjack_trl_e3trailer1_61110.html

PR said:
Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX interactive entertainment products in North America, unveiled today an all-new action (online) shooter titled MINDJACK. Being developed by acclaimed Japanese developer feelplus inc., MINDJACK will be available this October for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

With this unique action shooter set in 2031, Square Enix continues to expand its portfolio of video games across a wide variety of genres. Drawing upon the graphics and storytelling mastery of both Square Enix and feelplus, MINDJACK offers a distinctive experience that throws players into a revolutionary playing field where an engaging solo campaign transitions seamlessly to thrilling, cooperative multiplayer gameplay.

Story:

A new era. Sophisticated and complex technologies are now contributing to the advancements of mankind. However, the world’s governments are crumbling, new corrupt powers arise and conspiracies proliferate. The truth behind the proscribed technology could destroy the very core of humanity. Join a rogue team of agents as they fight for survival and entangle themselves deeper into the mystery.

MINDJACK offers a unique online experience. Enter a revolutionary playing field upon which an engaging solo campaign transitions seamlessly to thrilling cooperative play. Expand your mind’s reach by “hacking” into enemies, vehicles or civilians and enjoy the freedom to control almost any character. Each bystander becomes an active combatant in this new urban warfare.

Your “state of mind” is your only limitation!

Features:

# Assume the role of a Mind Hacker hacking into and controlling the minds of enemies to turn the tide of battle.
# Aquire XP to expand your hacker’s Arts abilities. Increase a character’s strength or improve your hit-rate – players can strategize according to their combat style.
# Hack or be hacked! Players can slowly alter their gaming universe – or have it altered by other online players – one hack at a time.
# Utilize futuristic weapons and real fighting techniques, like Krav Maga, in your virtual playground.

The VA is, um... a bit off ? As for the rest, I'm waiting to see more but it doesn't look so interesting.

lol it sounds like an 80's anime. So this is that game from the stable's Center video. Well at least feel plus is getting some work, though I guess this means they aren't working on a LO2. Is this the game they were rumored to be working on? It doesn't look that bad actually. I'm always up for quirky Japanese games.

"they call themselves the MINDHACKERS"

LOL sounds like Paprika/Inception/DarkCity/Matrix etc. etc.

Also, looks like feelplus want's to start feeling like they can do their own stuff.

dili

So you can jack into enemies minds and take control of them?

Reminds me of:
260px-Maken_X.jpg

The premise sounds cool. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with that trailer.

Salazar

tetrisgrammaton said:
want to look at the game... dont want to click on ign...

decisions decisions

Can't trust anyone.
Take cover.
Shooty-shooty.
Body shines a bit.
Ooooooooh fly through fibre-opticky Matrixy channels.
Arrrrgh headache.
Oh, no, ROBOTS.

MINDJAAACK

Looks like a C-tier TPS at best. Meh. The concept is kinda interesting, at least.

feel+ is certainly an odd choice to develop this...

Salazar said:
Can't trust anyone.
Take cover.
Shooty-shooty.
Body shines a bit.
Ooooooooh fly through fibre-opticky Matrixy channels.
Arrrrgh headache.
Oh, no, ROBOTS.

MINDJAAACK
somehow that description bests the video by a longshot

SamuraiX-

What the fuck did I just watch? The narration for that trailer had to be the most horrendously cheesy thing I've ever heard since... damn. :lol

Flat gameplay. Forgettable characters. Assuming a boring and typical plot. Well, at least it's not a first person shooter. Need to see some gameplay footage, but it looks like there's no hope for this one.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any pics? Can't view the vid on my itouch

Sacha

Here's the PR.

Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX interactive entertainment products in North America, unveiled today an all-new action (online) shooter titled MINDJACK. Being developed by acclaimed Japanese developer feelplus inc., MINDJACK will be available this October for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

With this unique action shooter set in 2031, Square Enix continues to expand its portfolio of video games across a wide variety of genres. Drawing upon the graphics and storytelling mastery of both Square Enix and feelplus, MINDJACK offers a distinctive experience that throws players into a revolutionary playing field where an engaging solo campaign transitions seamlessly to thrilling, cooperative multiplayer gameplay.

Story:

A new era. Sophisticated and complex technologies are now contributing to the advancements of mankind. However, the world’s governments are crumbling, new corrupt powers arise and conspiracies proliferate. The truth behind the proscribed technology could destroy the very core of humanity. Join a rogue team of agents as they fight for survival and entangle themselves deeper into the mystery.

MINDJACK offers a unique online experience. Enter a revolutionary playing field upon which an engaging solo campaign transitions seamlessly to thrilling cooperative play. Expand your mind’s reach by “hacking” into enemies, vehicles or civilians and enjoy the freedom to control almost any character. Each bystander becomes an active combatant in this new urban warfare.

Your “state of mind” is your only limitation!

Features:

# Assume the role of a Mind Hacker hacking into and controlling the minds of enemies to turn the tide of battle.
# Aquire XP to expand your hacker’s Arts abilities. Increase a character’s strength or improve your hit-rate – players can strategize according to their combat style.
# Hack or be hacked! Players can slowly alter their gaming universe – or have it altered by other online players – one hack at a time.
# Utilize futuristic weapons and real fighting techniques, like Krav Maga, in your virtual playground.

kadotsu

Banned
I hope they will use the Soul Calibur-ish announcer for the whole game.

Also the hackers=magicians meme needs to die in a fire

SamuraiX-

PR said:
Features:

On tonight's episode of... :lol

Rad-

From Lost Odyssey to NNN2, Necromachina and this? Sigh. Well at least Necromachina seems semi-promising...

Rahxephon91 said:
They were behind the fantastic Lost Odyssey and the upcoming Ninety Nine Nights 2.

Oh, then they are unimpressive at best and horrid at worst?

That about lines up with what I am seeing here.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
There's something incredibly hilarious about that trailer....

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
miladesn said:
I can take some video caps but they will look like shit, video is pretty bad quality, wait a moment.
Thanks!

ULTROS!

Aren't they also partly responsible for Star Ocean 4 and Infinite Undiscovery? Feel plus that is

icecream

Public Health Threat
ULTROS! said:
Aren't they also partly responsible for Star Ocean 4 and Infinite Undiscovery? Feel plus that is
Only in enemy design and model creation. SO4's blame is still all tri-Ace's.

ULTROS!

Thanks for the pics! That's Nerkas right? Man talk about generic. :/

icecream said:
Only in enemy design and model creation. SO4's blame is still all tri-Ace's.

Then I hate feelplus for modeling Lymle

m3k

Rahxephon91 said:
lol it sounds like an 80's anime. So this is that game from the stable's Center video. Well at least feel plus is getting some work, though I guess this means they aren't working on a LO2. Is this the game they were rumored to be working on? It doesn't look that bad actually. I'm always up for quirky Japanese games.

"they call themselves the MINDHACKERS"

exactly what i was thinking :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ULTROS! said:
Then I hate feelplus for modeling Lymle
I doubt they did Lymle, tri-Ace had a Character Design and Modeling Artists credit section too.

Rpgmonkey

That trailer was soooo cheesy. :lol

I laughed so hard when the man and the lady got mind hacked right next to each other and started fighting instantly.

Do the people have chips in their brains or something? How do they go from controlling humans to mechs?

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Urgh :/ There's so much material out there doing this a lot better then this cheesefest. Gibson, Shirow, etc.

Awntawn

*sigh*

Between this and Vanquish, I can safely say... Japan? You're doing it wrong. If you're trying to put stuff out for the English-speaking audience, then hire the right fucking people to do it. Stop trying to do your shit all internally because you are so out of touch with the audience that it simply isn't working. Right now it's like some ESL fobs writing fanfiction in English.

dramatis

Hey this was the game on the big screen with the shaky cam record!

Curious why they didn't try making a shooter RPG instead. Trailer narration is pure comedy.

Top Bottom