• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MindSeize | A Metroidvania game I'm working on. Out February 4th on Steam

Temathael

We are doing good, happy to pass the 50% point! Now at over 10K. Made my day after a couple of slow days^^

Just posted also a small update on that

qgVa9X1.gif

Also, posting this one just because I love the design personally and some of you might also appreciate all the functional details our animator managed to include.

Murr

Looks like a really interesting game. The Sprites are beautiful. Hope i can buy it on Steam or Switch one day.
Really like the look.

Temathael

Alpha Demo coming next week! The idea is to give a good sense on how the game controls and just show that we are making progress! It's from the beginning and missing some of the abilities found in later game, so not really a vertical experience. The map layout has been edited a bit to make it work better as a contained demo and not spoil all the fun from playing the eventually final release:)

Reactions: TLZ

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Thanks!
This is very much a passion project and why we started an indie studio with 3 friends back in 2016. First made a couple of smaller games and then started to work on the game all of us wanted to create(with the original idea based on a small puzzle game from our past)

There's 4 planets indeed. They are not super huge per se, 2,5 to 5 hours of playtime for each individual. All the stuff on the trailer is from the first 2 planets and we have third one mostly ready. I wrote an Kickstarter update on the topic yesterday: Link

PC and Switch are indeed the current plans. Would love to port to other consoles as well eventually, but the devkits and the devtime take some resources we are currently lacking. PS4 would probably be the next most probable platform.
I will get this when it comes to switch

Temathael

I will get this when it comes to switch
Awesome, thanks! First we need to get to the goal on Kickstarter.
I'd love to support you guys but I really want that physical version.
Working on that! It's not an easy task to produce, as it would need to come at least a month or two after the initial release and we need to be sure to have the budget to keep running until that and beyond. We are currently figuring out the possibilities with our partner First Press Games.

If you want to support otherwise, telling a friend goes a long way^^

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Awesome, thanks! First we need to get to the goal on Kickstarter.
Working on that! It's not an easy task to produce, as it would need to come at least a month or two after the initial release and we need to be sure to have the budget to keep running until that and beyond. We are currently figuring out the possibilities with our partner First Press Games.

If you want to support otherwise, telling a friend goes a long way^^
Already retweeted and forwarding on WhatsApp :)

Temathael

Alright, got the alpha demo ready!^^

Kickstarter update, download link and info about the demo: LINK

If any of you are going to try it, all bug reports appreciated. It's alpha after all. (There's already quite a bunch of known stuff, especially with the options. also, enemy drops are work in progress and will be added soon!)

Last edited:

Komatsu

Alright, got the demo ready!^^

Kickstarter update, download link and info about the demo: LINK

If any of you are going to try it, all bug reports appreciated. (There's already quite a bunch of known stuff, especially with the options. also, enemy drops are work in progress and will be added soon!)

Downloading the alpha demo now. Let's see how it goes!

Temathael

Awesome Komatsu Komatsu , hoping you'll like it!

There's a couple of things missing, that we will work on today and try to add to the demo asap. But from the looks of it, the demo seems to be working well for most people and not be way too buggy. All resolutions that are not 16:9 cause some problems currently, though.

Komatsu

Awesome Komatsu Komatsu , hoping you'll like it!

There's a couple of things missing, that we will work on today and try to add to the demo asap. But from the looks of it, the demo seems to be working well for most people and not be way too buggy. All resolutions that are not 16:9 cause some problems currently, though.

I enjoyed it. I played with an Xbox One controller - the action was snappy and lightning fast and the soundtrack as you enter the jungle was amazing. Not so sure about some of the level design choices - especially the section to the right of the jungle elevator.

I loved the elegant solution you guys found to relay the control scheme:

fOLSG4h.png

Temathael

I enjoyed it. I played with an Xbox One controller - the action was snappy and lightning fast and the soundtrack as you enter the jungle was amazing. Not so sure about some of the level design choices - especially the section to the right of the jungle elevator.
Nice, glad you enjoyed!

Some of the design choices are probably due the changes made to the original room layout and the edits to some areas, for demo purposes. I feel like it's bit better in the full version with less restrictions.

Temathael

Updated the demo with bugfixes and stuff. You can find it on Steam:

The last week of our Kickstarter just started! Hoping we can make it, still some way to go!!

Last edited:

Frenzy-kun

Neo Member
Sorry, I cannot participate this time due to personal constrains.
But seriously, it's sad that a game with such a work behind struggles to reach the 20k. Bad times for indie development.

Temathael

Yay! I want you all to succeed so bad - The game looks amazing, and I am anxious to play it on the Switch as soon as possible!! :messenger_heart:
hoping you will get to play as soon as possible!:)
Sorry, I cannot participate this time due to personal constrains.
But seriously, it's sad that a game with such a work behind struggles to reach the 20k. Bad times for indie development.
Hey, no problem! And yea, it's been difficult getting the word out. But looks like the hard work will pay off in the end.
Alright I'm in, 15$ is not much and I like the style.
Awesome, thank you!
Already 85%
Its picking up nicely!
Definitely a huge boost today, making me so happy! We will surely get there!! And hopefully reach some stretch goals as well, we could totally use the extra money for development.

Temathael

Thanks Fuz Fuz and CrustyBritches CrustyBritches !

Congratulations. The game looks fantastic. I would have backed it if a GOG release was guaranteed. Hopefully I will be able to buy it there in the future.
Thanks. Hoping we can bring it to GOG eventually^^

Our composer Adam wrote a long update about the soundtrack of MindSeize, you can check here: Creating the MindSeize Soundtrack.

It's pretty neat stuff, so I'll just link all the preview tracks here as well:

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Regarding the stretch goals which are out of reach:
Is it possible to bring them into the game at a later point through an update?
Especially that secret Vampire Boss looks too amazing to remain a concept.

Temathael

Regarding the stretch goals which are out of reach:
Is it possible to bring them into the game at a later point through an update?
Especially that secret Vampire Boss looks too amazing to remain a concept.
That's certainly possible, but everything will depend on the success of the game in that case. The extra content is designed in a way, that it can be added later as an update.

Would love to add that boss as well, hopefully we will get the chance!
Here's a bit bigger piece of art for him:

1DAw8vN.png

Top Bottom