• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Dungeons Steam Release Announced

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Minecraft Dungeons is officially coming to Steam on September 22nd, developer Mojang Studios has announced. Previously available for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S, the title is basically what it sounds like: a Minecraft spinoff all about delving through dungeons. And as of September, more players than ever will be able to grab it and check it out for themselves. There is, however, one small caveat to the Steam release.

In addition to releasing on Steam, as of September 22nd, the original Hero Edition, Hero Pass, and Season Pass will be discontinued from digital sales. A new Standard Edition (base game) and Ultimate Edition (base game and all six DLCs in addition to other bonus content) will effectively replace the previous SKUs, but remove none of the content contained within. Physical copies of the original versions will remain available until stock runs out and a physical version of the Ultimate Edition is set to launch on October 26th.

As noted above, Minecraft Dungeons is set to release for Steam on September 22nd. Minecraft Dungeons is otherwise now available for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and via Xbox Game Pass. The base game itself, referred to as the Standard Edition, clocks in at $19.99 while the new Ultimate Edition, which includes the base game and all six DLCs among other goodies, is available for $39.99. Alongside the release on Steam, the previous Hero Edition, Hero Pass, and Season Pass will be discontinued from digital sales. All of the DLC will still be available between the Standard Edition and Ultimate Edition.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I genuinely thought this was already on steam, more surprised to find out, it isn't?

Is normal Minecraft not on steam either then?

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Too bad I already own it on PC. Although the Windows store and it's shananagans have soiled me on even trying it anymore.

The base game felt short being limited to one area with a few biomes but all the DLC expands on the game many times over and is worth while IMO at $40. I think they've struck a good balance between casual, convenient gameplay without sacrificing the rewarding and addicting gear-hunting grind of dungeon crawlers.

Minecraft Dungeons hasn't been out on Steam this entire time? I had no idea. It's been on pretty much everything else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom