• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, to the best of my knowledge, Neocraft is mostly back to normal. Everyone's permissions seem to be working, both /warps and the /home commands work, and mod powers seem to be active. Some things are still not working, like the /help menu and the /motd. Also group colors aren't working, not yet. :) But creeper block damage is off, so the important stuff seems to be back.

If anyone notices any problems let me know.

limlark

We had a Visitor who was able to do everything Citizens can. So that's not working. Fortunately it was a very nice and reasonable person. :)

Mengy

We had a Visitor who was able to do everything Citizens can. So that's not working. Fortunately it was a very nice and reasonable person. :)

I think that's taken care of now. Essentials has a new part called EssentialsProtect that I installed this morning, so that should be fixed. If anyone sees any visitors who can build let me know.

Rokam

Next season of Ultra Hardcore supposedly starting up tomorrow. Etho said they already played it and should be going up on Monday

-Minsc-

I assume a Visitor is someone not on the whitelist and shouldn't be able to break blocks right? There's a visitor on the server right now who's able to mine away (though he doesn't have access to the commands).

Been using the xxxHardcorexxx mod for the last couple of weeks. There's no way I can go back to playing normal hardcore after this. It's awesome.

Mengy

I assume a Visitor is someone not on the whitelist and shouldn't be able to break blocks right? There's a visitor on the server right now who's able to mine away (though he doesn't have access to the commands).

Sigh. Okay, I'll check on this tonight when I get home and see what's going on. Yeah, visitors should not be able to break blocks at all.

-Minsc-

Something seems to be messed up with some of the permissions. Mackriod and I have noticed we can't place water out of a bucket. Earlier today I mined some diamond ore and was unable to place the block back down. Mackroid tried as well and was unsuccessful.

Poor Beef, but damn the other team got so lucky with the village spawn

I like the change of format for this season so far. Makes it a little more lively having more than one person talking on each perspective. I doubt either team will try the secondary win objective though.

I agree it's sad to see Beef go so quickly he's one of my favorites. They did get very lucky with the village spawn though. Also since both teams have switched to an aggressive strategy I wonder if we'll see them switch islands when they both move to attach each other.

defel

As long as the two Euros do well Ill be happy. Especially doc. My respect for him has shot up since Ive been watching some of his New World Tour series.

Shame about Beef. Obviously they are at a disadvantage now but I count BDouble00 as a liability so who knows...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
As long as the two Euros do well Ill be happy. Especially doc. My respect for him has shot up since Ive been watching some of his New World Tour series.

Shame about Beef. Obviously they are at a disadvantage now but I count BDouble00 as a liability so who knows...
Baj is a badass though,
stone sword and iron helm/boots vs enderman? no problem.

defel

I agree Baj is pretty awesome at MC. He just takes a lot of risks that usually payoff, and is the bravest one on the team right now.

Ye i just watched the end of Baj's perspective and he was pretty much walking around in the dark going headfirst into caves, skirting around lava etc lol

You better not give up on your castle after I crashed the server lifting your castle out of the hole ;-)

Did you know there's a massive underground cavern underneath the castle now? I used the /home command yesterday and it put me inside there with a crapload of creepers and other mobs. I only just made it out by swimming up some water that was puring down on one side.

-Minsc-

Did you know there's a massive underground cavern underneath the castle now? I used the /home command yesterday and it put me inside there with a crapload of creepers and other mobs. I only just made it out by swimming up some water that was puring down on one side.

Could that be an abandoned mine? Sounds like one.

Could that be an abandoned mine? Sounds like one.

No it's basically really tall and square/rectangular and maybe at least 100 blocks in diameter. Definitely not created with normal terrain generation. It would have obviously been created when the castle was moved about 40 blocks vertically. I had set my home spawn inside the pit when it was originally being dug for the Disney castle, which is why I spawned there - although I didn't have a clue where I was at first though.

No it's basically really tall and square/rectangular and maybe at least 100 blocks in diameter. Definitely not created with normal terrain generation. It would have obviously been created when the castle was moved about 40 blocks vertically. I had set my home spawn inside the pit when it was originally being dug for the Disney castle, which is why I spawned there - although I didn't have a clue where I was at first though.

I do not miss digging that hole, that thing took forever.

Also I finished the roof on your harvester near pioneer it always stood out on the map so I figured I'd finish it for you. :)

-Minsc-

Ahh, you were talking about that big hole. I was thinking you were referring to something under that hole.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
How lost am I going to be when I start playing this again having not played since early Beta access?
you remember how to punch trees?

the endgme has been fleshed out a lot but the basis are all still there, nothing has really changed insomuchas there are now more things to do.

you remember how to punch trees?

the endgme has been fleshed out a lot but the basis are all still there, nothing has really changed insomuchas there are now more things to do.

That should be good for me, I could punch trees with the best of them. I'm assuming Ark's server is still up? What's going on there? Any other NeoGAF goodness going on?

Well the "Otamin hole" is no more, it has been landscaped and coated over so we can all pretend it no longer exists.

On another note thought I would inspect the entirety of Dome City today to see if anyone had nicked the iron from the pedestals when I came up on this :-

eZXVv.jpg

It's located near the main "reception" dome, just curious who built it ? I think it is kinda cool, sort of Neolithic man thinks "sod this for living in caves we are gonna build a huge mega dome city and live in that" kinda vibe.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Just got a new laptop and was about to play minecraft.. It says it requires java runtime environment.. Click "agree and start free download" on java.com and

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at javadl.sun.com.
Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I have waited a year to play minecraft again and now I can't =(

EDIT:Checked a downforeveryoneorjust me and "It's not just you! http://javadl.sun.com looks down from here"

Top Bottom