wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition |OT|
- Publisher: Mojang AB
- Developer: Mojang AB
- Designer: Markus "Notch" Persson
- Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux (Java-based); Xbox 360; iOS, Android
- Release Date: November 18, 2011 (Windows, Mac, Linux); August 16, 2011 (Xperia Play);
- October 7, 2011 (Android); November 17, 2011 (iOS); May 9, 2012 (Xbox 360)
- Price: $26.95
- Where to buy? Here
- Current version: 1.8 (September 16, 2014)
- Official Website
Minecraft, the PC Gamer UK Game of 2010, is a sandbox building game created by Markus "Notch" Persson
and currently in development by Mojang, a Microsoft owned studio. In the game, players explore
procedurally generated worlds made out of blocks while being able to completely alter everything in them
by removing, combining and placing blocks wherever they want.
Inspired by games such as Dwarf Fortress and Infiminer, Minecraft can be played both in
Single-player, in which players can build their own worlds without the influence of
others, and Multiplayer, in which players can build a community in a world created by their combined efforts.
The worlds are made up of many different kinds of blocks, from Dirt and Stone to Diamond and Gold.
Procedurally generated, they are divided in large or small biomes, such as deserts, glaciers and dense forests.
What they'll become after players start exploring them, though, is completely up to them: they can turn a
mountain range into a huge sugar farm, or the depths of a lake into an underwater metropolis.
Just like most sandbox games, Minecraft doesn't have a clear, specific objective. The main goal is to conquer
the unexplored world and alter it to your will and have the most fun times ever.
- Play an ever-changing game - updates with new contents are frequent;
- Explore procedurally generated worlds that have a size limit of roughly 8 times the size of Earth;
- Build your fortress to survive; during the night, monsters spawn and come to get you!;
- Build tools, weapons and useful blocks out of raw materials to help you on your quest;
- Freedom: spend your days chopping trees, mining underground, or flattening an entire continent;
- Be creative: build anything from a little hut to a scale model of the Enterprise;
- Change your game's face with the built-in custom textures and skins feature;
- Play by your own rules alone, or enjoy the thrill of the Multiplayer mode;
- Customize your experience with the many community mods available;
- Explore new lands to expand your domain whenever you want;
- Grab your old cinema glasses and play in 3D Anaglyph mode on any screen;
- Enter the alternate dimension called Nether and face its dangers;
- Create elaborate electric circuits out of Redstone to power your creations;
- Generate new worlds according to patterns with the seed editor;
- Play in Peaceful mode without being disturbed by monsters;
- Face endless possibilities!
NeoGAF Minecraft |OT2|
- X's Adventures in Minecraft- the video series that got hundreds of thousands of people to buy Minecraft, literally
- The dangers of Minecraft: Minecrafting with Nessassin 1 and 2
- The YOGSCAST Minecraft Adventures Diary
- Saria's Song played with Minecraft note blocks - by NeoGAF member ArtistDude88
- Mining with IceTec
- Is there a demo version of the game I can try before buying it?
- The Official NeoCraft Server - Quote the post to see the address here. You must be running Minecraft version 1.8 to log on! (as of 9-17-14)
This is both a survival and creative server. There are columns with buttons at spawn that allow players to switch back and forth from survival to creative at will, allowing people to play however they want to.
- NeoCrack Server - This server is no longer running.