• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Finally set up my home computer and decide to hop on only to be met with, "Registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Enviroment installation or the runtime is corrupt." Go to website to re-download only to find it's a whole new website. I deleted the e-mail associated with the account a year ago thinking I had transferred everything over and I left the bank 5 years ago... Gonna have to fork out $27 for a game I paid $10 for D:
Can you contact Mojang?

ckohler

Is cross-platform play between Windows 10 Edition and Xbox One Edition possible yet? I saw some confusing articles that made it seem like it was playable now but then also said it's coming this summer.

Vlad

Finally set up my home computer and decide to hop on only to be met with, "Registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Enviroment installation or the runtime is corrupt." Go to website to re-download only to find it's a whole new website. I deleted the e-mail associated with the account a year ago thinking I had transferred everything over and I left the bank 5 years ago... Gonna have to fork out $27 for a game I paid $10 for D:

That sounds more like a problem with the Java installation as opposed to Minecraft itself. Have you tried reinstalling Java?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Gonna try, but I think I royally fucked myself by deleting that e-mail. Just really sucks knowing I legally own the game, but that I have no way to prove it now.
Talk to them and see. But hey, if you fucked up then you fucked up. Bite the bullet and repurchase it if you have to. (I mean you probably got MORE than enough usage out of the $10 initial price. I know I have.)

That's why I never change emails. I will have Gmail until the day I die. Or the day Google dies. Or the day email dies. Whichever comes first.

molnizzle

Talk to them and see. But hey, if you fucked up then you fucked up. Bite the bullet and repurchase it if you have to. (I mean you probably got MORE than enough usage out of the $10 initial price. I know I have.)

That's why I never change emails. I will have Gmail until the day I die. Or the day Google dies. Or the day email dies. Whichever comes first.

Off topic, but this is why I actually left gmail and began paying for email hosted on my own domain.

That sounds more like a problem with the Java installation as opposed to Minecraft itself. Have you tried reinstalling Java?
Java was working fine. Re-downloaded it and still wouldn't work.

I had like four at the time and decided to cut it down to two. Minecraft is probably the only thing I didn't think of when transferring everything over. Now I'll have to make another underwater glass lair all over again.

Only the standard stuff like Xpadder, but it's still gonna be janky as hell.

Windows 10 version has controller support. Since Java is riding off into the sunset, I doubt they'll bother at this point.

For anyone who has used controller on the Windows 10 version, do the Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers both work well, or is one preferred over the other?

molnizzle

For anyone who has used controller on the Windows 10 version, do the Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers both work well, or is one preferred over the other?

Fairly well, but the console crafting UI isn't in yet. Gonna have to wait for the "Better Together" update for that.

Which should be soon?

Sent me a list of questions a day ago and answered to the best of my knowledge. Get an e-mail today saying they transferred my account and I had a free Windows 10 Edition too :D

Hi guys,

Im not really familiar with Minecraft but need some help for my son.

He has the ipad version and he came to me complaining that his game is broken. He showed me that the inventory was empty (I remember seeing it full of soooo many items when he sometimes show me stuff), now I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing it with no avail.

Help please.. He told me he's using Creative, and enables Cheats..

I hope i'm giving adequate information

Thanks in advance

woolley

Hi guys,

Im not really familiar with Minecraft but need some help for my son.

He has the ipad version and he came to me complaining that his game is broken. He showed me that the inventory was empty (I remember seeing it full of soooo many items when he sometimes show me stuff), now I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing it with no avail.

Help please.. He told me he's using Creative, and enables Cheats..

I hope i'm giving adequate information

Thanks in advance
I don't know if there is any difference in the ipad version but its possible that he just changed his game mode to survival instead of creative.

I don't know if there is any difference in the ipad version but its possible that he just changed his game mode to survival instead of creative.

Not that. I created a world myself, and chose creative..

The same issue is in the iphone also.. I'm sure it's something to do with the setup.. I think it changed from an update or something

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Anyone have any experience with a lighting bug that makes the game unplayable due to catastrophic over saturation/ bloom?

I'm running Optifine, Continuum and a resource pack but the issue persists even on vanilla.

Any help/direction would be great.

Edit: fixed it. Reinstalled my shader. Easy. Sorry to panic-post.

Anyone had a problem with playing 4 player splitscreen on xbox one . Anytime I sign in a 4th player ( normally Guest ) the game crashes . Can play 3 player no problem but the second we add the 4th player we get the buzzing and game hangs

Tried to clear cache , tried moving to external then internal. Uninstalling and reinstalling , new offline games . Nothing Works whatsoever but on another xbox the 4 player co - op works fine ( just a box stanard vanilla xbox s with only minecraft installed which is used for 4k blurays )

Anyone have any Idea's , Pretty frustrating as kids enjoy the 4 player aspect ( tiny screens ftw )

Ark

It appears that I, like many of you guys here, share the nostalgia for a thriving GAFLand. I'm also pretty excited for the 'Super Duper Graphics' malarky of the W10 version. As such... I think we should definitely set-up a W10 GAF server, I can see myself doing that if needs be. Starting on a fresh map sure would be exciting again, and I bet if we created a new topic for the new version in the Gaming OT we could get some interest in it! We could even get a Discord server set-up.

It all really depends on how much genuine interest there is.

EDIT: I think it's been ~six years since I set up NeoCraft after... TheSpot(?) shut down his server. It's been a damn good run, friends.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
It certainly was fun, though the time has passed for me. :)

I still play my single player world from time to time, but I haven't been on the server for a few months. Minecraft is one of my main go-to relaxing games, and it probably will be for a long time yet. I can take a month or two break from it and then simply log into my world and start putzing around where I left off, and always find things to build or tweak or explore or just do in general. I'm looking forward to the update, wish we had a date or something already.

If we start up a new server I'll certainly join in! I'm hoping the new update really improves online performance in the game.

Fuchsdh

While it's still janky Java, Mojang does deserve praise for optimizing the game. Back with 1.8 or whatever when we started Gaffopolis, I could barely get a stable frame rate in the densest part of the city, but even without Optifine I get a steady 60fps now.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
It appears that I, like many of you guys here, share the nostalgia for a thriving GAFLand. I'm also pretty excited for the 'Super Duper Graphics' malarky of the W10 version. As such... I think we should definitely set-up a W10 GAF server, I can see myself doing that if needs be. Starting on a fresh map sure would be exciting again, and I bet if we created a new topic for the new version in the Gaming OT we could get some interest in it! We could even get a Discord server set-up.

EDIT: I think it's been ~six years since I set up NeoCraft after... TheSpot(?) shut down his server. It's been a damn good run, friends.

I was never a part of the original server but I'd certainly be willing to join this one if you set it up. I've always been a fan of the java version and this might be the impetus I need to finally move to win10.

I hope this happens!

Ranger X

Java people got the W10 version for free.

We do?
I didn't know. I can download it on the website I guess ??

EDIT:
Shit, I been on Mojang website, claimed my code and then they said my XBOX version is ready to download.
What in the??? I can't get the PC version???????

Ark

We do?

EDIT:
Shit, I been on Mojang website, claimed my code and then they said my XBOX version is ready to download.

It's the same code. Go to the Microsoft store on W10 and click on Minecraft, and it'll give you the option to download it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
We do?

EDIT:

Yep, the W10 version is free for all of us Java guys, I've had it for over a year now. It used to be too far behind the Java version in content for me to play it, however I've recently realized that it's now caught up almost completely. It runs so much better than the Java version, but sadly water and lava currently don't flow correctly in the W10 version, so I'm still sticking with Java for now. I'm hoping the upcoming update finally persuades me to go to the W10 version for good, the draw distance and performance is SOOO much better.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Dumb question but there's no way to use shaders and such for the win10 version right? Love me some pretty minecraft.

Crispy75

Dumb question but there's no way to use shaders and such for the win10 version right? Love me some pretty minecraft.

The upcoming win10 "super duper graphics" DLC will have built-in shaders, with directional lighting, shadows, god rays etc. Not sure if that'll be free or not.

Grinchy

Banned

That's the super graphics pack that's coming soon. It's going to be really nice since it has way more features than the shader packs for the Java version and it's going to run way better too.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
That's the super graphics pack that's coming soon. It's going to be really nice since it has way more features than the shader packs for the Java version and it's going to run way better too.

Thanks to you and Crispy75!

I saw the trailer for the new graphics pack and I'm intrigued. I hope there's an option for realistic skies though. The square sun moon and clouds always has annoyed me for some reason. I know it's very "minecraft" but I prefer the look something like continuum can provide.

Any update on the range of options the super graphics pack will offer?

Deques

Is there a problem with login server? My son was playing Minecraft and suddenly he can't join any servers. I restarted the game and now it tells me that email and/or password is incorrect

edit: nvm, it works now. must be some hiccup

If we're making a new world for the Better Together update, would people be interested in a MinecraftGAF Xbox club? Could work as a decent way to co-ordinate things, act as a hub.

Ark

Anyone know if there's a good controller or something that works with the Samsung Galaxy S8+ for Minecraft Pocket Edition? I bought it this morning on a whim, but even on my massive phone screen I'm struggling with the controls a little.

Yes. let's.

Top Bottom