• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft: Story Mode Release Date leaked by Amazon Oct 27th

So I was browsing Amazon as you do and this popped up and haven't seen a thread on it so here we go :p

gpbSPdN.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014XCWXIW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014P3CMD0/

Manufacturer Notice: Minecraft- Story Mode is an adventure game set in a Minecraft world. It is a five-part episodic series that will take you to the Nether, the Farlands, the End, and beyond! Get instant access to Episode 1 on the season disc, and get access to four more episodes as they become available to download. Internet connection required.

I hope Telltale does this from now on because I'd prefer them on disc but I'm forced to dwl them because I can't wait.

Tagg9

Get instant access to Episode 1 on the season disc, and get access to four more episodes as they become available to download. Internet connection required.

I foresee a lot of people complaining about this when they buy a product called "Season 1" and only get one episode out of it on release date.

Storm360

Only one episode on the disc? Why bother releasing it at all then?

Telltale seem to do nothing but piss me off these days.

I think cheat code is talking in general. People who buy physical typically want the entire game on disc, not parts of it

Mhm. It's explicitly advertised, which is good, but if I got a physical copy of a game and it only came with the first quarter of the game and the rest had to be downloaded, it's be a bit pointless unless it was significantly cheaper than the pure digital version.

Takao

Banned
Telltale wants Christmas sales but knows there's no way they complete the season and press discs in time.

so if I'm understanding this correctly, this isn't an in-universe story, this is a story about real people like us, playing a story in minecraft. is that accurate?

Syriel

I hope Telltale does this from now on because I'd prefer them on disc but I'm forced to dwl them because I can't wait.

This is no different. You're still going to be forced to download them.

The disc is just Episode 1 with the season pass bundled.

And if past experience with Telltale games is any indication, people who buy individual episodes stand a good chance of getting them a day or two before those with the season pass. ;)

LycanXIII

Mhm. It's explicitly advertised, which is good, but if I got a physical copy of a game and it only came with the first quarter of the game and the rest had to be downloaded, it's be a bit pointless unless it was significantly cheaper than the pure digital version.
Not even that you have to download the rest, but that you can't download it until months later when it's released.

The reason a box copy exists is because they want all the kids that play Minecraft to see the logo on this box on the shelf and want it. That's the only logic I can see behind doing an incomplete Season disc.

Top Bottom