• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minerva's Den Added to Steam. GFWL/Securom removed from Bioshock 2

Ifrit

Does anyone know if older saved games (made while in GFWL) work with the update? I think I read somewhere that GFWL used some strange system with profiles and saved games

They have to punish the unfaithful who didn't already own Bioshock 2 despite it being givien away on Neogaf a shit load of times due to excess keys.

Hahah I'd take one of those about now, if anyone feels like coming out the woodwork. I imagine it'll get its day this weekend though.

Grief.exe

Hmmm... For $15 & Steam I'll bite

It is 2K weekend, the title will probably be on sale for 75% off at one point.

CONFIRMED!
I got an achievement.

Nice!

Does anyone know if older saved games (made while in GFWL) work with the update? I think I read somewhere that GFWL used some strange system with profiles and saved games

I can't remember if it was on reddit or here, but someone said saves carried over I believe.

Don't quote me on this.

Sullichin

Picked up Bioshock 2 a while ago on sale waiting for this to happen. Thanks grief.exe for bringing it to my attention then. Can't wait to play Minerva's Den for the first time.

v0rtikal

ibzdd3XLcQom1n.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thats good to know, thanks. But does already unlocked achievements n GFWL transfer over to steam achievements? Or do I have to unlock them again?

Probably not. You could use SAM to manually unlock the achievements yourself, though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Thats good to know, thanks. But does already unlocked achievements n GFWL transfer over to steam achievements? Or do I have to unlock them again?

Most likely unlock again unless Valve decrypts your XBL profile. I doubt the achievements were tied to saves and would be retroactive.

Since there is no real way for them to identify which Steam users own or don't own the DLC, giving it to all existing users is the easiest, safest and most consumer friendly approach. I hope it sets the precedent for all future games that remove GFWL.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Since there is no real way for them to identify which Steam users own or don't own the DLC, giving it to all existing users is the easiest, safest and most consumer friendly approach. I hope it sets the precedent for all future games that remove GFWL.

Yeah, hopefully this is the way to go, we need to see more publishers doing this but sadly it seems that only few of them care to remove GFWL as of now.

So Minerva's Den is included with Bioshock 2 or you have to purchase it separately?

It shows as $5 for the DLC on Steam.

$15 is way too much to spend on the combo. I'll buy it for $5 during a Steam sale I guess.

v0rtikal

Wishful thinking bro, believe me, Capcom is never going to give alternate costumes or anything for free (Ultra SFIV) to SSFIVAE owners.

Grief.exe

So the controller support is already patched in or is that later?

So Minerva's Den is included with Bioshock 2 or you have to purchase it separately?

$15 is way too much to spend on the combo. I'll buy it for $5 during a Steam sale I guess.

Check OP

Full Controller support now

If you own Bioshock 2 then you get the DLC for free. If it is not showing up in your client, restart Steam.
It is a 2K weekend, there will be an inevitable sale on B2 and the DLC.

You get it for free if you own Bio2, otherwise yeah you have to purchase it in a combo it seems. But there should be a Bioshock sale in the upcoming days anyway.

nbajammer

Neo Member
From the Steam storefront:

"Updated

This bundle also includes the Sinclair Solutions Test Pack, Rapture Metro Map Pack, Kill ‘em Kindly, Zigo & Blanche multiplayer characters, and The Protector Trials. Requires the full game to play."

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

If you owned Bioshock 2 prior to today, you got the dlc for free.

There is a strong possibility that the Bioshock franchise will be given an extra discount at some point during the coming weekend and, if you asked me to wager a guess, I would say that you'll probably be able to pick up a bundle of the base game and dlc for $5 to $7.50.

So...does this mean the game is totally steamworks now?

Can I play the multiplayer?

If you can find the people, sure!

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Okay this is awesome. I'm ready for a multiplayer revival!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
From the Steam storefront:

"Updated

This bundle also includes the Sinclair Solutions Test Pack, Rapture Metro Map Pack, Kill ‘em Kindly, Zigo & Blanche multiplayer characters, and The Protector Trials. Requires the full game to play."

Should be added to OP.

Xanonano

http://store.steampowered.com/news/11567/
Hey BioShock 2 fans!

In August, the Games For Windows LIVE service marketplace closed and some of you wondered what would happen to BioShock 2 on PC. We remain committed to supporting BioShock 2 on PC and are excited to announce that starting today the game is available via Steam. Not only that, but the Steam version of BioShock 2 includes all available multiplayer downloadable content, as well as the single player “Protector Trials” DLC, for $19.99!

With the help of our friends at Digital Extremes, BioShock 2 on Steam fully supports popular features of the platform, including controller compatibility, Steam achievements, and Big Picture mode. Matchmaking is easier than ever now, allowing you to search for “any game,” as opposed to having to select your game mode. Leveling up is also quicker and easier, as we’ve fine-tuned the multiplayer experience to be better than ever.

If you have already purchased BioShock 2 through a different digital partner, we’ve got you covered. Simply take the same game activation key you already own and “activate” it within Steam. Doing this will grant you access to BioShock 2, all of its multiplayer and Protector Trials DLC, as well as Minerva’s Den – the single player story-driven add-on that includes new weapons, enemies, and plasmids!

For more information on BioShock 2 on Steam, you can visit: http://2kgam.es/bioshock2steam

-- 2K Games

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
"With the help of our friends at Digital Extremes, BioShock 2 on Steam fully supports popular features of the platform, including controller compatibility, Steam achievements, and Big Picture mode. Matchmaking is easier than ever now, allowing you to search for “any game,” as opposed to having to select your game mode. Leveling up is also quicker and easier, as we’ve fine-tuned the multiplayer experience to be better than ever."

So it was DE all along.

Called it.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
"With the help of our friends at Digital Extremes, BioShock 2 on Steam fully supports popular features of the platform, including controller compatibility, Steam achievements, and Big Picture mode. Matchmaking is easier than ever now, allowing you to search for “any game,” as opposed to having to select your game mode. Leveling up is also quicker and easier, as we’ve fine-tuned the multiplayer experience to be better than ever."

So it was DE all along.

Called it.

interesting and amazing.

Check OP

Full Controller support now

If you own Bioshock 2 then you get the DLC for free. If it is not showing up in your client, restart Steam.
It is a 2K weekend, there will be an inevitable sale on B2 and the DLC.

Nice then downloading now.

Matchmaking is easier than ever now, allowing you to search for “any game,” as opposed to having to select your game mode. Leveling up is also quicker and easier, as we’ve fine-tuned the multiplayer experience to be better than ever.

What?? Why would they do that, MP is going to continue to be dead anyway, no?

I mean I appreciate their effort but.. why? LOL.

Actiss

My download is only at 56%....

I didn't see it asked or answered, but does anyone know if this update fixes the issue with the vending machine sounds not playing?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that natsuyasumi answered that. It appears not... :(

Top Bottom