• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minh "Gooseman" Le talks a little about Half-Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 2

vazel

Banned
"Sometimes I feel like, wow all these guys making money off cs, I wish I were like them."

Haha, he should never have left Valve.

Yeaaah, Jak and Daxter PS3 also had concept art. Doesn't mean anything but even if they're working on it, it's pretty obvious at this point.

L4D is probably going to be a F2P but let's hope for L4D3.

It's going to depend on what kind of monetization, service model Valve have thought out. CS:GO still has a hybrid model, where you buy the game and then can spend money in-game. People have been saying it's going f2p for a while, but it has been in the top 10 sellers list for a long time now.

I'm curious if Valve will launch the game with an elaborate service model from the get-go, or like with their other games they'll start out small and iterate from there.

"
"You know, the one thing I'm really excited about is Left 4 Dead, the new Left 4 Dead. I saw it, it looks great. I was really excited when I saw that, I was like "wow, this looks great". Cos I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead, it was just one of those games that really just changed the industry. I think at the time there wasn't many good co-op games, so yeah, this is a great co-op game."

~~~Left 4 Dead~~~

Oh man, this sounds like this will actually be released fairly soon unlike HL3 which still seems to be in early development.

Sentenza

Are Valve even going to be at E3 this year? I hope so.

It's Valve, so you can never predict reliably what they are going to do and they are quite good at keeping secrets, but my guess would be that if we didn't hear a word about their presence so far, chances are they won't be there.

derFeef

I also saw things, those were things I can tell you all!
Not Half-Life related though, sadly. So not that important things...

KareBear

2008 is when he began working on Tactical Intervention in earnest, but he left Valve far earlier, back in 2002.

Actually he left Valve in 2006 (Ive read he was actually fired for failing to make sufficent progress on CS2) and started work on Tactical Intervention soon after.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Actually he left Valve in 2006 (Ive read he was actually fired for failing to make sufficent progress on CS2) and started work on Tactical Intervention soon after.

Source? Polygon's 2012 interview says he left in 2002:

All the interviews mention that he left Valve voluntarily because CS2 had been shelved (presumably so Valve could double-down on Source and HL2), so he took his ideas elsewhere. Le being fired sounds like hearsay, similar to Kim Swift's actual motivation for leaving Valve supposedly being that she was upset with Valve cancelling her GDC 2009 game design competition entry due to it being sex-orientated.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Silenced crowbar, surely?

No. This is Gabe Newell

2129341-halflife30114_610.jpg

And he has a passion for

23LNT.jpg

All the interviews mention that he left Valve voluntarily because CS2 had been shelved (presumably so Valve could double-down on Source and HL2), so he took his ideas elsewhere. Le being fired sounds like hearsay, similar to Kim Swift's actual motivation for leaving Valve supposedly being that she was upset with Valve cancelling her GDC 2009 game design competition entry due to it being sex-orientated.

Why did Kim Swift leave? I dont think I ever learned the facts about that one.

injurai

Banned

From other impressions like that of Eric Wolpaw, it seems like Valve will keep people around forever. They may can personal projects but you are always given the chance to jump onto another project.

Sentenza

I'm still sad about Valve canning SoB.
I don't even care if we knew nothing about the actual game and what it was supposed to be exactly... The concept art was just too cool. Maybe the coolest art I've ever seen for a sci-fi setting.
And it was going to be something entirely new, which is always a good thing.

Top Bottom