• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia III |OT| An Amazing Alien Abduction Adventure

Right now, you. Not as confident on squid/ gor. Was hoping squid would actually contribute more yesterday. Worried everyone is tunneled in on it being you / gor.

Well it is not me. 100%.

And I don't believe it is you or Kyan.

So it leaves:

Gorlak
Squid
and Haly.

I'm not exactly sure where this "Gorlak is scum" narrative started honestly. Was it bats on D1 or Time?

CzarTim

Well it is not me. 100%.

And I don't believe it is you or Kyan.

So it leaves:

Gorlak
Squid
and Haly.

I'm not exactly sure where this "Gorlak is scum" narrative started honestly. Was it bats on D1 or Time?

Bats, I think. What did you think of haly and karl's cases yesterday? What makes you think he's town?

CzarTim

Also, melon yesterday you made your reads early, was wishy-washy on crab, did not comment at all on crab's slip, and then your reads don't change at all even though you had new info? Doesn't feel like you are forming opinions based on info.

Bats, I think. What did you think of haly and karl's cases yesterday? What makes you think he's town?

I found Karl's post but I'm not sure which post of Haly you mean specifically.

As for Gorlak, I would say he has been most consist with my experience with him in past games. If with a somewhat softer edge as the game as gone on (but I think everyone has seemed a little muted this game.) He has mostly made solid arguments and has attempted to keep people engaged and talking. Neither is alignment of town necessarily.

I will say that I agree with Karl's point that his reluctant to gives Crab solid reading--as did I --looks bad. But then I guess you'd have to ask yourself if you really think both of us as scum mates would make the very same error.

Same thing with not voting end of day.

Also, melon yesterday you made your reads early, was wishy-washy on crab, did not comment at all on crab's slip, and then your reads don't change at all even though you had new info? Doesn't feel like you are forming opinions based on info.

As I said yesterday and on the last page. I was at work thus the infrequent activity.

I'm not sure what more I could say on Crab's impossible feat of checking three players in two nights.

CzarTim

I guess that depends on how the scum team felt the best way to win was, most people made it clear they thought it was crab/melon/gor yesterday. If the crab claim was a ploy to gain the trust of town and push for a haly/squid lynch, maybe? I dunno.

CzarTim

I guess that depends on how the scum team felt the best way to win was, most people made it clear they thought it was crab/melon/gor yesterday. If the crab claim was a ploy to gain the trust of town and push for a haly/squid lynch, maybe? I dunno.

But I am wondering if you are bussing squid today so he looks better if you flip.

I read Crab's claim as less of a slip up and more a ploy to get the attention on himself and the discussion everyone else (i.e. scum mates). Or he knew he was cooked and was just having fun. Could be both.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kyan is one shot.

If Crab claimed cop, it was probably under the knowledge that there could be no chance of a counterclaim. I had a theory that squidyj was cop but that fell through with crab's fakeclaim.

MMMTTTC is 2 goons, 1 roleblocker.
MMMT??C is 1 goon, 1 roleblocker, 1 godfather.

So, by claiming Cop and Kyan as 1-shot Cop, Crab would have us believe we're in MMMTCCC, which would be safe if they knew we were in MMMTTTC.

QED

Kyan is one shot.

If Crab claimed cop, it was probably under the knowledge that there could be no chance of a counterclaim. I had a theory that squidyj was cop but that fell through with crab's fakeclaim.

MMMTTTC is 2 goons, 1 roleblocker.
MMMT??C is 1 goon, 1 roleblocker, 1 godfather.

So, by claiming Cop and Kyan as 1-shot Cop, Crab would have us believe we're in MMMTCCC, which would be safe if they knew we were in MMMTTTC.

QED

What was your Squid is cop theory?

Haly

Squidy was really upset at Kyan on D2. This is partially explained if he was another cop. He might've thought I was I Godfather as well, which was why he kept applying pressure to me.

It was just an idle theory I thought up while I was working on squidy in D3.

Gorlak

Banned
Gorlak, have you reached a conclusion with your team analysis?

Not yet. I've noted that CzarTim seems to be the blindspot for everyone. I myself have excluded him from my last reread because of the early dispute with crab and him going after crab consequently. I don't know if that is enough, but as I said yesterday he's the least suspicious. Not voting him today and I also didn't look for a possible team connection.

so the remaining candidates are squidyj, melon and haly. after rereading I've found some "flags" for haly, which goes against what I said yesterday, will explain in my next posts. While haly conversed with crab more often, both squidyj and melon were seldomly mentioned by crab.

melon prodded crab early game, after that she only ever states she's blind there and does not talk about the crab/czar part and d1 end neither talks about voting/not voting crab. She was low activity d2, never talks about crab's end day pushes and follows kyan. Some aggressiveness against haly. She didn't change her reads from 873 up to now.

Melon, why do you think Haly is suspicious? Can you point out where he went after you and why that is suspicious? I can't remember this happening.

Also her claiming to be on the haly train since d1 (#884) is not true.

Kyanrute

I'd wanna hear who everyone wants to lynch today, and assuming that we lynch scum, who they want to lynch tomorrow.

I am currently leaning melon into Gorlak.

Gorlak

Banned
Haly made his case for melon #965 and this rings true and marks how melon and crab basically have not touched one another this game. I do wonder though if that is an attempt to bus crab and prepare a game winning mislynch, but that could be biased because I probably start to see Haly as scum more and more.

It's worth noting that a haly x melon scum team does not seem likely. Melon especially went after haly when kyan pulled his gambit and said to be suspicious of him ever since.

---
Next up is squidyj, who starts with a similar do not talk with crab attitude. Squidyj puts Haly, Ouro and Crab in the scum team (a joke post 138, but noteworthy).
Squidyj in general is the least active and goes against the stream, defends lp, highlights kyan, kawl or time.

Sorry I'm not posting to your schedule Crab and CCS. /s
This catched my attention, because I didn't see where crab called squidyj explicitly out. What does this refer to squidyj?

Afterwards crab throws shade at squidyj (478) for, I think it was, defending lp. At d1 end squidyj wants to go after kyan, not lp and in the same style as melon never talks about crab or the possibility of voting him.

D2 a bandwagon on crab forms and squidyj is 4th (#651) with no explanation as to why. After being called out (by me for example) he explains his vote (#749, d1 shenanigans, kyan diverting attention) and makes a case for crabxkyan.

A little train joke from squidyj towards haly (#832), which seems unusual for squidyj. Later squidyj highlights melon. Squidyj starts D3 with voting Haly, as usually without any explanation until a bit later (#940). Squidyj is being funny #1024/25, not trusting any cop claims. Goes on to say everyone is suspicious in 1028.
Last action is to poke Haly about a possible TimxHalyxCrab. D3 end with gif galore and squid comments as well (towards crab).

All in all a similar start towards Crab D1, but an actual vote D2 (yet only limited explanation), before voting kyan (later time) and focusing on Haly D3 immediately until Crab "fucks up a cop claim" and he has to be voted, so he's the first vote on crab.

Gorlak

Banned
Why did he focus on Haly D3? I almost come to the same conclusion, squidyj is unlikely to be in a team with Haly. But seeing melon x squidyj is hard to imagine as both are very distant from Crab.

Not to forget Crab's poem! When he made the case for Ouro D1, in the same post he calls out squidyj for being inactive with a poem while going hard at Ouro for being unproductive. This seems like Crab was double edged on the same topic. Later Crab mentions squidyj (was it in comparison to Ouro?) for posting like twice.

Gorlak

Banned
The last one I took into consideration was Haly. And surprisingly I found two, three posts which lead to me overthinking my position on him.
In general there was a lot more interaction between Crab and Haly than Crab and Melon/Squidyj.

Haly states D1 he'd vote Crab if there is no alternative, but would prefer not to (#412). And states Crab's argument is convincing (#420). There is some how to mafia talk between CxH around 423-35 (easily fakeable). At 435 Haly is undecided leaning LP, later votes Ouro without any further explanation. At D2 he starts voting crab as 3rd (#638) speculating about possible scum crab getting help from LP voters (659-62, talk with crab 63/64). Kyan gambit, Haly votes crab when Kyan redchecked Timeaisis.

And here we come to (#817 ff.). Haly is relieved the pressure is off him, joking around. Crab responds (818-821), some Capslock fun by Haly, slow remark at 830, more funny capslock 831. and squidyj referring to train joke in response.

At the start of D3 Haly is super eager to talk about Kyan (why is kyan alive, hopes he didn't check mason, talks about PR, roleblock reference) and later looks like wanting to get more info (pro mass claim, mason should wait till x). Not wanting to give scum time for a fake claim as he says. Brings forward his case against CrabxMelon. Locks in Crab after claim (1023/30). In talk with squidyj talks about possible haly/tim/crab. And joins Crab in shitposting and gif'ing around.

Something which causes me to pause is
I guess I've been trying to bus my scum partner Crab since day 1!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Where did you ever possibly "bus" crab d1? This is just a complete wrong statement.

Gorlak

Banned
So,... completely ignoring the possibility of scum CzarTim.

I have the strongest scum feeling towards Haly. I'd put Squidyj as the third member even though it may appear unlikely by start of D3. But the way Crab handled Squid is suspicious. Most suspicion comes from the talk crab and haly had, which seemed unnatural. Also they shitposted together, what scum tend to do.

Last thing I want to look at is how melon and squidyj approached each other, going from memory, there was no interaction. Would the whole scum team go silent at each other?

Right now I'd vote: Haly over Squidyj.

Gorlak

Banned
as today we'd lose only kyan, who is pretty much confirmed, but tomorrow one unconfirmed would be eliminated through no lynching, which is probably worth it. (if we lynch scum today ofc)

Kyanrute

ok superb post count inflation time

the judgement on melon

d1 feels scummy
d2 reaction to da gambit is hmmm. melon/haly scum team would have melon as the godfather i imagine. on the other hand melon's reaction has a hint of towniness in it, even though she is quite fast to accept everything.

Kyanrute

the judgement on squid

i dunno?

town?

scum?

not like he is going to die during the night

but no mislynch allowed boo

so umm town lean even if he makes absolutely no sense

Gorlak

Banned
ok superb post count inflation time

the judgement on melon

d1 feels scummy
d2 reaction to da gambit is hmmm. melon/haly scum team would have melon as the godfather i imagine. on the other hand melon's reaction has a hint of towniness in it, even though she is quite fast to accept everything.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but without another PR coming forward (and that time has long since passed) we are in MMMCTTT without a godfather.

Gorlak

Banned
(...)
I still don't like some of the things Haly's been doing today, I didn't much like his performance under the fake check either.
I also don't like Melon's appeal "i wouldn't be that weak guys, pshaw" or some of her interactions with crab.
beyond that I'm interested in CzarTim and Gorlak. I didn't make much of the early game shenanigans but I could be getting a bit of an abrasive scum vibe off of gorlak.

What exactly are you referring to? What interactions where there between melon and crab?

---
Connection between melon and squidyj:
melon scumreads squidyj 873
squidyj quotes melon 879 (highlights crab as pr?)
melon explains read after prompt 883
squidyj mentions melon 1025
squidyj reads at 1028 (quote above)
melon only ever echoed her read since then.

The whole game they managed to pretty much avoid each other.

Again, would the whole scum team not interact with one another? Crab/Squidyj/Melon ...hm, I deem it very unlikely.

CzarTim

Wednesday's are busy for me, will probably be on mobile for the rest of the day. Do want to reread one more time as I'm not feeling very confident today.

Would like to hear and actual case from squid that's more than one sentence though.

CzarTim

I don't think I can write off haly completely as scum but still doubt I vote there today.

My current theory is that crab / squid / Mel scum team were all pushing haly in the hopes of creating a turbo there yesterday. Light interaction is hard to nail especially with squid who has barely interacted with anyone.

CzarTim

I don't think I can write off haly completely as scum but still doubt I vote there today.

My current theory is that crab / squid / Mel scum team were all pushing haly in the hopes of creating a turbo there yesterday. Light interaction is hard to nail especially with squid who has barely interacted with anyone.
Only doubt here is it seems like I'd have been easier to push gor yesterday.

Gorlak

Banned
Only doubt here is it seems like I'd have been easier to push gor yesterday.

Apart from that I don't see crab pushing Haly yesterday at all, he only ever shows up to claim. Crab was eager to get Haly unvote him D2, but further I see no shade thrown.
Melon states her scumread on haly in 953. She first stated that view end of D2 (883) and I'd like her to answer my question still concerning that still.
Does that qualify as a team push against Haly?

CzarTim

Apart from that I don't see crab pushing Haly yesterday at all, he only ever shows up to claim. Crab was eager to get Haly unvote him D2, but further I see no shade thrown.
Melon states her scumread on haly in 953. She first stated that view end of D2 (883) and I'd like her to answer my question still concerning that still.
Does that qualify as a team push against Haly?
He was pushing him the day before iirc. For voting him over time. Still not convinced the slip was a mistake. If he bought himself even a little good will he could have made a case for haly again.

Q: do you think scum haly votes crab over time when scum team must know that time is sk at this point?

What's that?

it'd :p

Gorlak

Banned
He was pushing him the day before iirc. For voting him over time. Still not convinced the slip was a mistake. If he bought himself even a little good will he could have made a case for haly again.

Q: do you think scum haly votes crab over time when scum team must know that time is sk at this point?

How'd they know after Kyan just changed his story? In that scenario (haly as scum with a red check on him) Who's to say Kyan wouldn't revert back to his initial red check? Maybe Haly felt he couldn't follow Kyan right away unless he was sure not to be the person in question?

It does sound unlikely to go back and vote crab again though.

Hmm, the i is in capital letter, Freudian slip?

CzarTim

How'd they know after Kyan just changed his story? In that scenario (haly as scum with a red check on him) Who's to say Kyan wouldn't revert back to his initial red check? Maybe Haly felt he couldn't follow Kyan right away unless he was sure not to be the person in question?

It does sound unlikely to go back and vote crab again though.
I guess. That might explain why crab kept pushing him? Still feel like scum take the path of least resistance in most cases.

But not sure if your 'no melon/haly' team makes sense under the same logic.

Hmm, the i is in capital letter, Freudian slip?
Yes totally.

Or swype.

Haly

Question for spoder, is or isn't no lynch on the table going forward? In the OP Plurality clause is striked out as well as "town may not no lynch". Are we to take this as "town may no lynch"?

Haly

So, who's considering No Lynch? Because I'm considering No Lynch. Seeing as how we'll never leave MyLo, we can at least get an extra night to see how the kills fall, and try to glean some information/reads from that. If my logic is sound there are no relevant powers left. For all intents and purposes it's vanilla vs vanilla.

Haly

I realized mafia will just kill Kyan and leave us with nothing since he's all but confirmed.

I feel Crab's hand claw in this.

Gorlak

Banned
So, who's considering No Lynch? Because I'm considering No Lynch. Seeing as how we'll never leave MyLo, we can at least get an extra night to see how the kills fall, and try to glean some information/reads from that. If my logic is sound there are no relevant powers left. For all intents and purposes it's vanilla vs vanilla.

Are you reading the thread? Are you seeing my questions for you?

Today we should lynch as I said earlier. Have you any doubts about Kyan you might want to share?

Gorlak

Banned
I guess. That might explain why crab kept pushing him? Still feel like scum take the path of least resistance in most cases.

But not sure if your 'no melon/haly' team makes sense under the same logic.

What do you mean? I don't think I can follow you here. Melon busses Haly and stops after kyan switches check target. Haly makes case against melon D3?

My opinion that melon/haly is unlikely originates from a supposed mutual (weak) bus. Haly provided one lengthier post, but that's it. Hmmm, but melon going after haly immediately could be a spontaneous bus...

No, I still think they are an unlikely team.

Yes totally.

Or swype.
Anyone else an opinion?

Gorlak

Banned
Haly for convenience - please respond

I don't think I'm seeing your case today. Who will you vote today and why? Yesterday you made a case against melon. Who do you think is the third scum member respectively?

You never gave insight after Kawl revealed mason. Did this or crab's flip change anything? Where are you standing at?

And please explain this:

I guess I've been trying to bus my scum partner Crab since day 1!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What are you referring to?

Top Bottom