• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miniature Gaming-Age (WH40k, Warmachine, Etc.)

Extremely early test of what I'm going to try and do. I used one of my failed color schemes as a test for the idea of a shiny, irredentist look for the carapace. Once fully painted the model will be sealed with matte, then the carapace and anything else I want to look wet will be hit with a high gloss paint on varnish. I also want to add drool and other gross after effects after the matte seal is finished. I'm trying lots of new things at once and any single one of them could ruin the model, lol. Anyway, here is a very rough "first draft". I think I could hit this with a black wash and add some depth to the effect. As it stands now, if the light hits it just right, there are about 7 different metallic colors in the carapace.

IMG_9050.jpg

Very cool! Did you use some special effect paints on the carapace?

Just some $1.99 metallic craft paint. The purple that I found and really like for the skin is multi purpose use on glass and wood, so I'm really curious how it will work on a miniature! I also bought some really gaudy fluorescent paints and am wondering if I can find a use for those somehow. Although, the carapace is already a little too much and needs to be toned down a bit when I actually paint my nids so fluorescent would be overkill for sure... or would it?!?

Just some $1.99 metallic craft paint. The purple that I found and really like for the skin is multi purpose use on glass and wood, so I'm really curious how it will work on a miniature! I also bought some really gaudy fluorescent paints and am wondering if I can find a use for those somehow. Although, the carapace is already a little too much and needs to be toned down a bit when I actually paint my nids so fluorescent would be overkill for sure... or would it?!?

I think in that picture it actually looks like a better nebula effect that than many nebula effects I've seen painted on some Eldar vehicles.

Not so sure about fluorescent, but then again, I'm gravitating a lot into the direction of more toned down and "realistic" looking minis instead of cartoony at the moment.

A dozen orcs assembled and bases made for another kill team. It's my first time doing anything ork related in 40k and I really like the results. There is a lot of character and whimsy in the ork boyz sprues.

I'm also, once again, close to figuring out a color scheme for my tyranids lol. Changing gears again!

Palmer_v1

So I'm loving the shit out of the Batman mini game, but the 40k leaks and surrounding talk make me want to try 40k for the first time.

So I'm loving the shit out of the Batman mini game, but the 40k leaks and surrounding talk make me want to try 40k for the first time.

The upcoming edition starter box is a killer deal to start. A varied set of figures, the rules for both armies, a rule book, and some other stuff. The game also looks like itll be less bloated then it ever was before.

Deffo a good time to start!

RMI

Banned
Been working on battletech minis for the past week. Have a few here that just need basing up. They are painted somewhat according to the Fox's Teeth and Sorenson's Sabers company color schemes for the Sword and Dragon campaign book, but these four will hopefully see the table in a 2v2 Solaris VII capture the flag game this Wednesday (just need to get the basing done tonight)

I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the plastic minis (the ones with the smaller hex bases) relative to the metal ones (the red one with the larger hex base). For ~$2 a mini they're not bad especially when the metal ones cost $10 a piece usually. Hopefully Catalyst Game Labs get their shit together and support the game with more plastic box sets. It's kind of ridiculous what a pain it is to get many of the mech models still.

speaking of 40k 8th edition, it looks really good but I am going to miss the random element of vehicles getting popped by melta weapons (which appear to be really bad in this edition) or other tank killing weapons in one hit. Just giving all vehicles wounds now and making them basically monstrous creatures doesn't seem like a great solution.

Been working on battletech minis for the past week. Have a few here that just need basing up. They are painted somewhat according to the Fox's Teeth and Sorenson's Sabers company color schemes for the Sword and Dragon campaign book, but these four will hopefully see the table in a 2v2 Solaris VII capture the flag game this Wednesday (just need to get the basing done tonight)

I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the plastic minis (the ones with the smaller hex bases) relative to the metal ones (the red one with the larger hex base). For ~$2 a mini they're not bad especially when the metal ones cost $10 a piece usually. Hopefully Catalyst Game Labs get their shit together and support the game with more plastic box sets. It's kind of ridiculous what a pain it is to get many of the mech models still.

Sadly they likely are not gonna be doing anymore plastic minis for a while. The lance pack sets were great, but apparently according to Catalyst didn't sell that well. Know a guy who works with Catalyst, they had apparently hoped to eventually do clan mech packs as well in plastics but after they finished releasing all the lance packs, they have decided to probably discontinue expanding the line.

RMI

Banned
Nice reds!

thanks! honestly it is 100% the airbrush giving me nice smooth coats over white primer. This is the first time i've painted red since getting the airbrush and it is just way better than the nightmare memories I had of trying to brush on red.

Sadly they likely are not gonna be doing anymore plastic minis for a while. The lance pack sets were great, but apparently according to Catalyst didn't sell that well. Know a guy who works with Catalyst, they had apparently hoped to eventually do clan mech packs as well in plastics but after they finished releasing all the lance packs, they have decided to probably discontinue expanding the line.

man that really sucks I was talking to a friend of mine last night hoping that they would do clan mech packs in plastic. I wonder why they didn't sell well. I have a couple of these models in metal and plastic and the plastic ones look nearly as good at a fraction of the cost. it's a shame.

Mikeside

thanks! honestly it is 100% the airbrush giving me nice smooth coats over white primer. This is the first time i've painted red since getting the airbrush and it is just way better than the nightmare memories I had of trying to brush on red.

man that really sucks I was talking to a friend of mine last night hoping that they would do clan mech packs in plastic. I wonder why they didn't sell well. I have a couple of these models in metal and plastic and the plastic ones look nearly as good at a fraction of the cost. it's a shame.

My guess would be that people can be quite snobby about plastic minis, so maybe that's why they didn't sell well.

Speaking of 40k 8th Edition, I'm excited!

Have decided to shift my Orks (anyone interested?) and am getting the Dark Imperium box set.

The Primaris guys will go with my Skitarii & I'm going to look at Death Guard as my new main force. I've been reading up about Typhus & the origins of Death Guard. It's all pretty cool. Think I'll enjoy them more than I was Orks.

Btech just isn't very popular, it's a cult classic that will probably be around forever, but it's not common to find in game stores anymore either. Plastic models are expensive to produce the molds for, so it was part of a risk they were taking during their Alpha Strike push. They were hoping to bring back Btech to the masses with Alpha Strike, which while it did well, the minis just didn't sell enough, they needed more stores to carry the product line, and old school fans already invested in the universe already have tons of their minis now for years already.

They were considering creating a two player starter set for Alpha Strike like the classic btech had, but that never came to be an ideally they should have done that first during their launch of the product line. Alpha Strike did very well (as in selling books out quick), but there follow up support for it and plans of the line I think were kinda short sighted if they wanted to make the product more mass market friendly.

This was their second attempt at playing with plastics, so I dunno if it works out.

Personally the line needs a complete revamp, alot of the classic mechs and such are dated and ugly, as well as ugly mini molds still being sold. If anything they need to go and modernize much of the games look, bring minis up to current market standards. Also create easy to follow army build rules, faction rules, etc. Btech's spread out rules and books of tons of optional rules just make it very confusing to newbies when I think most players are used to how most modern mini games handle things.

They are doing a new edition of the classic btech rules that essentially melts everything down to a single core book focus, but I don't think it's gonna really do anything special for the line without a massive restructuring of the game, that would also kill off it's old school fan base. Alpha Strike was their chance and I think they blew it.

RMI

Banned
I agree that the entire line needs a revamp, and that many of the mechs are dated and ugly, but at the same time I kind of like the old ugly mechs.

To me it just seems like there is a lack of focus in the game. I'm coming back to it after a long absence and trying to buy anything to get into CBT is a ton of work. Rulebooks are out of print. map sheets are out of print. outside of the lance packs (which I guess were a failed experiment) models are way expensive for how bad the quality is. It's a complete mess to try to figure out how to play the game (in terms of scenarios/campaigns) beyond just doing mech duels which isn't super fun after a while.

I haven't looked at the new CBT beta rules but total warfare basically put everything into one book so yeah I agree that it's unlikely that this new book will change much. it's just a shame because it's an incredible IP, conceptually a really cool game, and then you go to try and get started with it and there is just barrier after barrier.

Biggest problem besides the cost of a total revamp, is that they risk losing their established fan base. Alpha Strike was their best option and it was a missed opportunity. After it was released, they decided to create all new army creation rules in the companion book and revamp all the unit cards.... alright that's an awful way to start off a new product launch. Then they started doing factional books.... ok and once again you introduce new army build rules and more optional rules. Just confusing what should have been an easy intro product.

Woorloog

Banned
Nice minis!
I need to get back to painting mine...

Revamping BT is a borderline fool's errand. It is arguably a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

Revamp and you will need to extensive marketing push (something CGL sure ain't doing, they don't seem to have money (or will) for that) and everything else to get new players, because old ones sure aren't going to be happy about having to rebuy stuff. And considering what kind of reaction Alpha Strike caused...

Alpha Strike is... was contentious (arguing about it has basically died down) yet it was just basically faster way to play, not a real revamp. It is very depended on standard BT for units, etc.
Also not very easy to sell stuff for it. Units for AS are in MUL, so you ain't going to need but the core book and the companion book. Minis are marginal due to production costs, and faction books... well, truth is they don't work very well in BT because factions are "cosmetically different" really. Slow release rate isn't helping but currently Second Succession War and IlClan (very much slated for this year per very latest info) are the primary focus, along with BattleMech Manual so presumably the Combat Manual series is in the backburner (wouldn't be surprised if it didn't sell that well either, the info is useful for new players but not really for veterans, and there ain't many new players...).

(Personally i don't really care for Alpha Strike. BT's detail and "simulationist" approach are the selling points of the game for me, and AS doesn't offer me neither. That said, i do recommend Alpha Strike if someone is interested in 'Mech-based tabletop/board game.)

New edition of rules for BattleTech rather than a complete revamp is another matter but unlikely to happen, at least if you ask me, considering how little time it has been since Campaign Operations (final core rulebook) was released. IMO BT could use one for sure, the rules are all over the place.

The BattleMech Manual is kind of a... well, band-aid. I do like the idea of finally having most rules for 'Mechs in one place though the book will be unfortunately compromised due to not really covering the Dark Age though considering the style of the setting (eg heavy focus on combined arms warfare), but the effort is still reasonably good. Now, if only the damn book would get a release date...

Of course, this all said, if BT doesn't change, it won't grow. But perhaps it works as it is, as a small niche that just and just sustain itself for now.

I do wonder what 3250-era will bring with it... once they get around there. Latest was that Second Succession War introduction dates from 3250, and thus technically takes the timeline further than IlClan (3150). Though it was also said people shouldn't be thinking about 3250 for now.

Alpha Strike was primarily done as their answer to reach a new modern audience, not really meant for old school fans, and why Classic Btech was never and is never going away. Some fans got all upset despite them saying over and over again hat AS was not a new direction for the game. But it's hard to sell a miniature game without miniatures, and lance packs weren't ready for release with the game, and they needed to create set in stone factional rules right at the start. Instead they decided to wait to release faction information in slow trickle of faction books years later.... yea not how it works.

Huge failure point is the miniatures, hard to sell a mini game when they aren't available to the public and you are essentially telling people to go online and browse the confusing IWM catalog for what you need, while IWM site is a relic of a decade ago it feels like.

Btech is stuck with it's niche status, best they can hope for is that it's fan base keep it going as it has for years now, while making some money on possible licensing options.

Frankly I think only option for them to ever take the game to a new level, would be to follow the trend of creating a big mini heavy kickstarter reboot. Pack in tons of newly sculpted modern looking minis (follow the MWO art style or something like that), simple set up rules, etc.

The fans will cry no matter what.

Woorloog

Banned
Fuck MWO art-style. All 'Mechs look same-y, no uniqueness, none look like they have agility a humanoid form really has. The style works for some 'Mechs like the Stalker (indeed, the Stalker II from Dark Age is surprisingly close to MWO Stalker though it isn't Igleas' work) but for anything actually humanoid (ie majority of BT 'Mechs)? Meh.
Not an uncommon sentiment among veterans, i think. It is not about quality of art, which is definitively good compared to some BT stuff, but about style.

Speaking of art, BT's original 16 Clan OmniMechs have very distinct looks and consistent style without looking overtly mechanical like MWO's 'Mech nor do they look like Japanese mecha. That is something i would like to see in future 'Mechs, perhaps tied to factions. Indeed, enhancing the sense of factions being distinct would probably be helpful for new players, at least if they'r expecting separate factions.

RMI

Banned
Frankly I think only option for them to ever take the game to a new level, would be to follow the trend of creating a big mini heavy kickstarter reboot. Pack in tons of newly sculpted modern looking minis (follow the MWO art style or something like that), simple set up rules, etc.

The fans will cry no matter what.

True words right here.

I've had a look at the AS rules and I can't imagine what people were upset about. it looks fine. it looks like a streamlined version of battleforce made to cater to miniatures gamers. CBT breaks down with too many units per side and just becomes a slog, so I'm actually looking forward to getting some AS on the table once I have 2 companies painted (should just be a few weeks at this rate).

I'll never understand edition wars nonsense. For months I've been reading whingeing nonsense from 30k players about how they didn't want 30k to go to 8th edition and how 7th edition was perfect and now that it's been announced that 30k is staying in 7th for the foreseeable future people are crying about that. CBT isn't going anywhere, so why anyone should get upset that a different version of the game is being supported is just beyond me.

As for the new models, yea I agree a kickstarter would be the way to go, but hopefully not with MWO style models. They look a bit bland IMO. Battletech has such a unique aesthetic. The existing designs would work with better sculpts and more interesting poses. Even stupid looking trashcan mechs like the Imp and the Urbanmech. But then again, like I said before, I like those ugly designs so to each their own.

Not an uncommon sentiment among veterans, i think. It is not about quality of art, which is definitively good compared to some BT stuff, but about style.

And that's why Catalyst would have to piss of the fans if they went with a modern style of mech designs. They either don't change and turn off new players/fans, or make changes and piss off their dwindling veteran player base.

But again who said anything about getting rid of the old mechs? No one, and that's exactly what happened with AS, the old fans lost their shit over nothing when their sacred game was left untouched. Battletech is done, it's been in limbo of content mostly now for decades with the new stuff being pretty much ignored by it's core fans anyways. Catalyst just has nothing much they can offer as the fans are not buying the new content for Classic, so they just are in a cycle of rereleasing the same stuff over and over in new packaging. If they want to play the same game they have now for decades, well then nothing is stopping them, and Catalyst is still producing it all for them, no plans to stop that.

What Catalyst would like to do is try and expand to new market and fans. The classic game and old minis are not going anywhere, and it's not like they haven't been gradually upgraded over time.

Course I also don't believe in the hate for the MWO style, as our local SoFlo Btech group has a bunch of players who have already replaced most of their armies with MWO style miniatures thanks to 3D printers and most of the files being distributed for free. These old vets aren't hating the modern take.

Btech is never gonna be touched, its gonna keep getting support and just be stuck in it's niche role for pretty much forever. If Catalyst wants to go somewhere with the game, they will need to make a new product for a new crowd.

True words right here.

I've had a look at the AS rules and I can't imagine what people were upset about. it looks fine. it looks like a streamlined version of battleforce made to cater to miniatures gamers. CBT breaks down with too many units per side and just becomes a slog, so I'm actually looking forward to getting some AS on the table once I have 2 companies painted (should just be a few weeks at this rate).

Knee jerk reactions, lot of old fans felt like Catalyst was gonna abandon classic Btech for AS and such, which never was intent. It was just another way to play, and an attempt to draw in new players. Course AS is not stopping, they are still developing content for it, it's just the plastic minis that are likely gonna never see another attempt at for some time.

As I mentioned, Catalyst has continued to develop for Classic, new content, expanding on the timeline stuff, but the people are not buying that either, they just keep playing mostly in the same eras and same old content.

Woorloog

Banned
I'll speak only for myself but i dislike Alpha Strike's lack of detail. It makes many 'Mechs completely indistinguishable beyond looks. (To be sure, standard BattleTech does have some duplicate units but these are far rarer than in AS). Shooting becomes a bit too uninteresting "check if you get to apply a damage value to the enemy" in a game with variety of different weapons. Stuff like falling down vanish completely from the system. As i said, it is not simulationist anymore. BattleTech is semi-RPG as it is. It is fun to see how a battle evolves depending on if pilots can keep their 'Mechs under control or not, if they can hit their targets at critical times or not.
Sure, Alpha Strike retains some of that but less, and that is the big deal for me.
I do wish the standard BT system was faster to play though. It is unnecessarily cumbersome at times, and there's a bit too much randomness in the wrong way (and it doesn't help called shots and the like tend to be prohibitively difficult to use as probabilities go).

It does get slow when you start adding more units, for sure. This is a good thing about Alpha Strike, it allows company sized games in reasonable times.

I'll never understand edition wars nonsense. For months I've been reading whingeing nonsense from 30k players about how they didn't want 30k to go to 8th edition and how 7th edition was perfect and now that it's been announced that 30k is staying in 7th for the foreseeable future people are crying about that. CBT isn't going anywhere, so why anyone should get upset that a different version of the game is being supported is just beyond me.

A problem with multiple editions existing concurrently is that the older one will likely lose support sooner or later. And that bothers people, probably. Not to mention, losing out on good updates on rules. I'm not a Warhammer 40k player but i can see it being annoying switching between rulesets just to use different eras of play if both are still considered valid rules.
This assuming there is implied or stated support for the old edition. If the other game/system gets discontinued, then... well, that happens. Old system can be still played.

With new editions, the worst case is when important old stuff becomes unusable, namely miniatures; rules are a natural casualty.

The idea of existing rules being perfect is nonsense nearly always. That's just fanboy talk. And people also complain when something is too similar to the old ("the perfect one"), or whatever else.
New editions may make too radical changes or miss the point of some existing systems though. Consider DnD 4ed and how it lost some freedom compared to 3.5ed, cookie cutter builds and whatever else. Though i believe 4ed did have some good ideas too.

And that's why Catalyst would have to piss of the fans if they went with a modern style of mech designs. They either don't change and turn off new players/fans, or make changes and piss off their dwindling veteran player base.
Modern-style and modern-art are different things. The new art for the old unseens have gotten quite positive reception. They have modern art, with some change but they capture the spirit of the unseen. I don't think they'd get a negative reception from potential new players (once they get minis anyway, and presumably a new Introductory Box Set with them).

A lot of BT 'Mechs could use a new art pass and minis, certainly. Though when it comes to minis, most of the terrible ones seem to be from post-Clan Invasion Technical Readouts, not the oldest ones. Most of 3039-era 'Mechs look just fine in plastic and metal but some later FASA-era ones are really mind-boggling, both their art and minis. Modern CGL minis and art are good for most part.

A problem with multiple editions existing concurrently is that the older one will likely lose support sooner or later. And that bothers people, probably.

But Classic Btech is already stuck when it comes to support. The rules have been mainly untouched for a long time now, all they have done is consolidate and fix up some minor things, but even with the upcoming manual, they are just rereleasing the same old game, and not really supporting it with a new edition.

At the same time... that's great! One of the worst things about Warhammer has been its constant revisions of the rules, Btech for the most part.... it at a place that fans are mostly happy with, the game doesn't need any type of major revamp or new edition.

As for new product support, it just hasn't been selling well.

As for redoing the minis, the use of the MWO style was just an example of an updated art style, fans for a long time have came up with awesome modernised updated mechs. Hairbrained Btech game now in beta even has some updated mech artwork that looks great. The whole game/mini line could use a revamp.

But btech is a complex product, a major hurdle being that it covers so many periods of time, factions, and wars. It's convoluted way of selling a miniatures game.

Woorloog

Banned
As for redoing the minis, the use of the MWO style was just an example of an updated art style, fans for a long time have came up with awesome modernised updated mechs. Hairbrained Btech game now in beta even has some updated mech artwork that looks great. The whole game/mini line could use a revamp.
HBS game uses MWO models actually (PGI shared the models). So they look equally terrible. It is a good way to save in budget for sure though, have consistent tone for BT video games. Still don't care for it, and it makes it basically to impossible to have certain 'Mechs (thanks to PGI moving on with MWO timeline), like the Hatchetman.
But btech is a complex product, a major hurdle being that it covers so many periods of time, factions, and wars. It's convoluted way of selling a miniatures game.

Certainly, thanks to way Catalyst does it. Having intro rules set in 3039, core rules in 3068-3080, and other systems where ever they are doesn't help this. Certainly one thing i'd restructure in BT, along with some rules changes. (And tech changes, despite being generally speaking a purist. For example, medium range missiles not being Succession Wars technology just makes no sense whatsoever.)

so uh weird request

anyone have spare vargheist wings I can buy off 'em? Was gonna use em for a conversion, and the ones on ebay seem..overpriced for a pair?

so uh weird request

anyone have spare vargheist wings I can buy off 'em? Was gonna use em for a conversion, and the ones on ebay seem..overpriced for a pair?

Sorry. I don't have any Warhammer parts or else I would send it to you for free!

I am currently painting up 3 more scouts to give my kill team a bit more variety as well as a Razorback to use in custom scenarios/as an objective. I have decided to go ahead and paint up all the operatives as well. I have a blood angels apothecary, a deathwatch marine, a terminator (may paint all 3 choices), and a veteran (who still needs assembling). THEN, I will move onto another kill team. I don't have all the operatives for my other teams though. To get them would mea spending a lot of cash on boxed sets only for 1-2 models. There has to be a better way!

So I had tons of boxes of terrain for miniature games in my garage for years taking up space, gave it all away, and now wanting to get back into some skirmish gaming in the house with some close friends. I just don't want to spend a fortune on bunch of terrain that's gonna take up lots of space, has anyone come up with some good modular and easy to store terrain that doesn't cost a fortune? Doesn't have to even look amazing, but stuff that I can use to fill up a table for a skirmish game and then easily tape apart.

Calling it done. :)

Damn nice job with the knight, but mostly I wanted to say how disheartening it is that you started and finished in five days what it's taken me the better part of nine months to do lol.

I'm just about to finish my first project in a year, two Imperial Knights I started back before my second son was born. They've been sat in several boxes with just the base coats done since about last September but tonight I should finally have them done, just got a little bit of snow and grass to add to the base.

Damn nice job with the knight, but mostly I wanted to say how disheartening it is that you started and finished in five days what it's taken me the better part of nine months to do lol.

I'm just about to finish my first project in a year, two Imperial Knights I started back before my second son was born. They've been sat in several boxes with just the base coats done since about last September but tonight I should finally have them done, just got a little bit of snow and grass to add to the base.

Ahh sorry :) To be honest I 'cheated' a little bit on this!

I assembled the whole knight together (didn't leave any of the plates off even though it's recommended). Then I sprayed the entire thing with Leadbelcher spray, and then covered the whole thing in plenty of Nuln Oil. A quick drybrush with a lighter silver and 90% of the metal areas were basically finished. Then I just painted thin layers of bone/green/black over the panels, dropped in a few recess shades, a few edge highlights... it was a fairly smooth process and it was just the sheer number of thin layers of colour to get a smooth coat that took most of the time up. :)

Transfers were a little challenging to get them to sit nicely, which is why I decided to freehand the banner in the end.

Finished enough that they're ready for some pictures:

8f98c4M.jpg

y7hDhvZ.jpg

33hcrMx.jpg

ZQLR9Q6.jpg

pVzZGuA.jpg

The one with the melta/gauntlet is the first one I painted up and posted here ages ago, now with added filth. The two new knights are completely magnetised, right down to the chest melta/stubbers and the faceplate for the different missile launcher options. I magnetised the arms at the bicep and didn't glue the shoulder to the torso so they keep a load of mobility in those joints. Pretty happy with how they've turned out, definitely need to practice my weathering though.

Thanks guys! Morkanaut's next I think, I'm going to try and bulk paint that and some Deff Dreads and Killa Kans. I figure what better way to practice weathering than on some filthy ork walkers.

Cheers dudes :) I can't wait to be a complete asshole and put them on the table against someone now.

They didn't actually take me 9 months of work, probably a couple of weeks of a couple of hours a night, just painting's been on the back bench for that long. It's lovely to be painting again though.

RMI

Banned
wow, great looking titans. Now when I finish my knight titan I can come back to this page and feel bad about how it turned out.

Had a great game of 30k yesterday. 2000 points of Death Guard with allied mechanicum vs 2000 points of Iron Warriors. I got stomped by IW quad mortars and medusas squadrons, but it was pretty satisfying driving a Triaros filled with tech thralls to the base of a battlement that 10 tyrant siege terminators were standing on, and unloading with 40 laslock shots, killing 5 terminators! Those guys are about 50 points a piece so the thralls made their points back and more. Other strong performers were my contemptor mortis, breacher marines, and a borrowed unit of castellax battle automata joined joined by an arch magos.

there's my force advancing into no-man's land. The IWs are hiding in their deployment zone. I lost 3-6 in VPs but it was a fun game. Definitely got me thinking of painting up a small legio cybernetica force to take as allies. Mechanicum has some nasty stuff.

Top Bottom