• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minna no Golf 6 returns to PS3

duckroll

This week's Famitsu reveals that Minna no Golf 6 will be returning to the PS3 on Nov 22. This is the same Hot Shots Golf game which was a Vita launch title. The PS3 port will be crossplay compatible with Vita, as well as compatible with the Move controller. There is no price mentioned yet.

Goldrusher

Another one bites the dust.

Even though it was to be expected, it's been a very long time since #5 on PS3.
Still, one less exclusive on the Vita.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wow.

Even SCEJ is bailing out. SCEJ never ported a PSP game to PS3, or PS2 ...

Come on, you've only been back a few days.

This is good news as it means more players with cross play. Hopefully they clean up the image quality but based on the previous versions I wouldn't hold my breath. Don't care about move compatibility, its a three press golf game, doesn't need appeal swinging or anything.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sony knows what they are doing. Clearly the most exciting franchise on their exciting next generation handheld experience will energize the core PlayStation 3 base.

Cross platform synergy!

Takao

Banned
Come on, you've only been back a few days.

This is good news as it means more players with cross play. Hopefully they clean up the image quality but based on the previous versions I wouldn't hold my breath. Don't care about move compatibility, its a three press golf game, doesn't need appeal swinging or anything.

Outside of Soul Sacrifice, this was the biggest property SCE had for Vita in Japan ...

Yuripaw

Banned
Hope this gets a release in NA too. I love HSG for vita, but I'd love to be able to switch on the fly between either version. I hope it has some form of transfarring.

orioto

Good Art™
Timed exclusive can be enough to make a new platform look good. Minna no Golf 6 has its chance on Vita.

Would have been terrible if they announced from the beginning it would be coming to PS3 at some point but it wasn't.

firen

I understand this taking an "exclusive" away from Vita but how is this a big deal? No one actually purchased a Vita for Minna No Golf. I hope to get mine as soon as Minna No Golf 6 Portable Edition is announced with PSV featuring cross play with the PS3 version of the PSV port of Minna No Golf.

Takao

Banned
so what exactly is wrong with this?

On PSP the Minna No Golf Portable series was Sony's biggest sellers in Japan. The franchise itself is probably the closest Sony has to an evergreen in that region. Minna No Golf 6 was a launch title on Vita, and was the first franchise where a Sony handheld had a numbered entry in an SCE series. It once again also sets a pretty shitty precedent. The game's not even a year old at this point.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Outside of Soul Sacrifice, this was the biggest property SCE had for Vita in Japan ...

Yes, and it's been available on vita for a while now. If you want to play on the go that's still the version you'll want. I'm just bored of the 'vita is doomed' shit all over.why can't we just enjoy playing the games available on it?

Cross play and cross buy is welcomed, yet this is bad news?

Takao

Banned
Yes, and it's been available on vita for a while now. If you want to play on the go that's still the version you'll want. I'm just bored of the 'vita is doomed' shit all over.why can't we just enjoy playing the games available on it?

Cross play and cross buy is welcomed, yet this is bad news?

It is bad news because it sets a precedent for a platform that desperately needs every piece of exclusive content it can get. SCEJ has never ported a handheld game to a console before. In this thread you already have people asking when they can expect the Gravity Rush port. This is literally the only branch of SCE that I never expected to pull this, and yet here we are.

Sounds good to me. I'm not a big handheld gamer, and I love Hot Shots.

If you have the other PS3 Hot Shots game, you already have the best Hot Shots title. The Vita game is just not that good. Would have been better if they actually used the Vita's native resolution.

Timed exclusive can be enough to make a new platform look good. Minna no Golf 6 has its chance on Vita.

Would have been terrible if they announced from the beginning it would be coming to PS3 at some point but it wasn't.

Uh, except now they've shown that they'll port Vita games to the PS3, so consumers are given the impression that they can just wait and chances are, Sony will port it.

Fucking Sony. I'll be shocked if they're still in business in 10 years.

duckroll

Uh, except now they've shown that they'll port Vita games to the PS3, so consumers are given the impression that they can just wait and chances are, Sony will port it.

Why wouldn't they be? They might not be in the portable gaming market in 10 years though. I doubt any first party will be.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
This is good thing no?

I have this on Vita and will also be grabbing it on PS3, it's a fantastic Hot Shots and the more people able to play it the better.

Fuck Yeah. I have the Vita Version but I am down. I hope they tweet the shot physics and the perfect impact issue that got messed up since 5

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It is bad news because it sets a precedent for a platform that desperately needs every piece of exclusive content it can get. SCEJ has never ported a handheld game to a console before. In this thread you already have people asking when they can expect the Gravity Rush port. This is literally the only branch of SCE that I never expected to pull this, and yet here we are.

Or you know they'll buy the game now for a platform they actually own, really enjoy it, and then when said game, lets say Gravity Rush, gets a sequel they will remember the fact that they really enjoyed it and it will entice them to buy a Vita - because of a game they would have never played in the first place had it just stayed on the Vita.

libregkd

Or you know they'll buy the game now for a platform they actually own, really enjoy it, and then when said game, lets say Gravity Rush, gets a sequel they will remember the fact that they really enjoyed it and it will entice them to buy a Vita - because of a game they would have never played in the first place had it just stayed on the Vita.
Or just wait for the port of said sequel.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

You say set a precedent, I say one off example.

Perhaps Sony found that the cross play titles like motorstorm RC etc was attractive to consumers and so decided to retrofit that to Mingol?

Top Bottom