• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minna no Rhythm Tengoku play impressions

MNC

Noooo the sound is desynced in the OP video. Can't wait for this though! Love the rhythm games.

edit: I weep for the wrestler video when it gets localized. :(

I love the graphical style and the faces especially. Very simple and clean anime design.

Sagitario

sfried said:
I have some faith considering the credits song and karate man US dubs of Rhythm Heaven DS were fantastic (and considering they got to dub it in other languages too).

Just...not the fan club girl. "HEY BABY! HOW'S IT GOING?"

I actually loved that one, but English is not my first language, so I didn't care much for the lyrics :p

mehdi_san

MNC said:
Noooo the sound is desynced in the OP video. Can't wait for this though! Love the rhythm games.

edit: I weep for the wrestler video when it gets localized. :(

I love the graphical style and the faces especially. Very simple and clean anime design.
Yeah YouTube fucked up (as usual). They have a help section dedicated to a/v sync problem, but they just tell you to reencode and upload again, which would take me a couple hours. I'm sorry I haven't found the time to do it yet :( It happens so often you would think YouTube would fix it on their side...

Mista Koo

Weird that it doesn't use motion. But I think it's for the best, even though I only played the DS one and loved it some touch controls were stupid and forced.

Is this even confirmed for US?
Fan Club was totally ruined in the English version (and it was my favorite stage :() but it's much of a hassle to import and do I dunno what to run it on a US Wii (is it even possible?).

It's fucking brilliant.

Up to Remix 4, and I've not been able to wipe the smile off my face. I'm actually rationing it because I don't want to go through it all in one go. And yes, it's quite exacting, but that is a Very Good Thing. Feels much more like the original than the DS game, and might even be the best of the lot. And two of the side games I've unlocked so far are just wonderful.

Will try two-player when my wife gets home from work I think, so may post more impressions later. But yeah, get excited. It's fabulous. :D

kiryogi

Banned
Woo got my copy today.

I'm with the full sentiment. Monkey Clock is haaaaaaaaaaaaaard. I'm not a fan of the Tamborine either, but that's just because my short term memory is horrendous.

Surprised that people are finding Monkey Clock hard. It's one of the easiest ones in the game.

Finished it earlier, albeit with only 32 gold medals of 50 and no perfects yet. Still lots to do!

Sapiens

Had no idea this was coming. I guess I can't wait.

Loved the OG GBA game - Hate, hate, hated the DS pile of shit. They did the same thing to that as they did Wario Ware DS - suck ALL of the fun out of it.

Here's hoping...

squall23

Wait, people thought the monkey clock was hard? I got medal 1st try and then perfect 1st try. The ones that I REALLY hate are the shrimp dancers and tapsters.

mutsu

This game is HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!!!!!

I am getting owned, seriously. There's this
Prawn Dance
stage that is just... crazy. Took me at least 15 minutes to get the hang of it but still I can't imagine Perfect any of these. Seriously, whoever thought this was hard will have to rethink the definition of hard again.

Oh yeah, there are LOTS of songs in this game. By that, I mean LOTS of NEW songs that are not reused. I am past the
6th remix
and I am still learning new songs, no "XXXX 2" yet. Really really full load of value in this game.

mutsu

Phew, finally finished the first half of the game after Remix
. The game rewards your diligence by giving you a credit roll and a nice vocal song, before moving into what I suppose would be HELL difficulty coming up.

By the way, they have managed to top Rhythm Heaven Gold's Karate Man 2. The Karate Man in this game is REALLY satisfying. Love it. Really Love it.

Kirby102

I've picked this up, knowing that this has to be good :D Junkied it hard, so I've pretty much finished it. (All
50/50
1P medals, all
eight
2P medals)

I am unsure as to what the + button does on each game's intro, could someone shed some light on that please? :D

For those wondering about the GBA revamped games, not all of the games made the cut... :( That being said, here are the ones that did: (will be spoiler tagged and there are only 4 :( )

- Clapping Trio (unlocked at 35 medals): http://i.imgur.com/b6ztG.png
- White Apparition (38 medals): http://i.imgur.com/qGaoB.png
- Rhythm Calligraphy (41 medals): http://i.imgur.com/3qYMX.png
- Tap Dance (44 medals): http://i.imgur.com/yHWs9.png

PS: The dodo and the seal minigame are SO CUUTE :3 and the wrestler one has an interesting tune, so catchy :p

rpmurphy

I've watched a number of gameplay videos on YouTube, and I'm a little surprised from seeing some of the 2P modes that the difficulty doesn't seem to be toned down, so what are the impressions of those so far?

MercuryLS

Banned
Ok I just ordered this through play-asia (fuck the US version, they will ruin it somehow). It better be easy to mod my wii to play imports!

sfried

Spoiler alert: Ending
MercuryLS said:
(fuck the US version, they will ruin it somehow)
I have faith in the US version. They have a tall order in front of Treehouse right now, but considering how they faired with Rhythm Heaven DS, I'm sure they'll come through (just...not the Fan Club singer again, please?).

kiryogi

Banned
Up to right before remix 10. But there's around 4-5 songs at least they're gonna have to work on replacing. (Or is that 6?) Really have no idea how theyre no idea how theyre gonna manage this properly.

sfried

kiryogi said:
Up to right before remix 10. But there's around 4-5 songs at least they're gonna have to work on replacing. (Or is that 6?) Really have no idea how theyre no idea how theyre gonna manage this properly.
How many songs did they need to replace in RHDS? I'm pretty sure there were at least 4 vocal tracks in there (Frog Hop, Karate Man, Air Boarder, Fan Club), not to mention their second versions.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Lovin this, thou I still feel the ds version is the best of the series, it's still better than the original.

My fav games are probably wrestler interview, tap dancers, bossanova, library girls (HEY YOU CAN DO!) and don don can can

Now that i think about it there are definitely a lot of songs I like, just not man that are super memorable.

kiryogi

Banned
Think the bigger concern is that they're using vocals for the remixes. I'm digging thru RTG stuff and that was mainly instrumentals for the remixes.

I couldn't really get thru the DS version unfortunately. Flick controls can go to hell and I don't often complain about controls.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Before I sold my Wii yesterday I was able to complete the first set of stages and got a medal during the first/second playthrough in all of them. The beginning is definitely easier than in Gold or so I think.

sfried

Keiician said:
Before I sold my Wii yesterday I was able to complete the first set of stages and got a medal during the first/second playthrough in all of them. The beginning is definitely easier than in Gold or so I think.
Doesn't the beginning even have a tutorial for beats?

mehdi_san

Wow you guys didn't lie about the wrestler interview. I was literally dancing in front of my TV!!
Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but playing with headphones is so much better than with the TV speakers :))))

aechris

345triangle said:
i'm really bad at this one involving pigs and office chairs! managed to scrape a 平凡 but that's it...

I just got the medal on this one this morning. You have to perfect clear it I guess to get it because I missed just the very last one twice in a row before getting it.

sprsk said:
Monkey Clock (I don't remember the actual name) is awesome and hard.

i had absolutely zero problems with this, got ハイレベル on first go. the one before it with the pigs and the chairs is so much harder! i was worried for さる時計 after reading this thread, but i don't know what you guys were complaining about...

wrestler interview is an all-time classic.

overall i like this game a lot so far - more than the DS, maybe less than GBA but i wouldn't be able to quantify that.

Kirby102

345triangle said:
i'm really bad at this one involving pigs and office chairs! managed to scrape a 平凡 but that's it...
This one gave me the shits, mostly due to not knowing that the pigs spin the chairs automatically. I thought you have to press to start spinning and one to stop. Lol.

As for the 2P coop minigames, they are exactly the same as their 1P counterparts, right down to the rhythm pattern, but just adjusted some of the pattern to take into account the 2P option. (ie. Some parts 1P does only, 2P does another part etc)

Though you can play those 2P minigames by yourself if you're forever alone (it was for the sake of completing it :p)

flowsnake

Argh. The rap level is so annoying with all the different things to remember.

The feet level reminds me of lockstep a lot in the way that it takes some time to get into, but once you do it becomes very satisfying. I thought the dodo level would be like lockstep, but it turned out to only be superficially similar.

The pig one took me ages to work out how to do for some reason.

The
karate man
level is amazing. Also pretty easy.

I am so sad that the shipment of this was botched for me. I should have gotten it on my birthday on Friday, but I've gotta wait until Monday now.

mutsu

"Daisuki" "Daisuki"
"Honto" "Honto"
"Maji Daisuki" "Maji Daisuki"
"Suki nanda!" "Suki nanda!"

This is the new song that's stuck in my head and cannot stop right now...

kiryogi

Banned
mutsu said:
"Daisuki" "Daisuki"
"Honto" "Honto"

Agreed. Daisuki rap is da shizzle.

rpmurphy

mutsu said:
"Daisuki" "Daisuki"
"Honto" "Honto"

Is there a Daisuki Rap 2?

i'm starting to think i might have to switch to an old CRT to play this game, i'm terrible at this one, and i had no problems with the gba and ds versions, and had no trouble whatsoever perfecting almost all the stages.
Do you guys think the game's harder or something? I've also switched my LCD to game mode, but i'm still sucking.

Cmagus

series has some amazing music.Purchased the soundtrack awhile back I hope they release one for the new game.

sfried

kazuma_pt said:
i'm starting to think i might have to switch to an old CRT to play this game, i'm terrible at this one, and i had no problems with the gba and ds versions, and had no trouble whatsoever perfecting almost all the stages.
Do you guys think the game's harder or something? I've also switched my LCD to game mode, but i'm still sucking.
Try going by the rhythm of the music rather than the visual cues.

Top Bottom