• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minna no Rhythm Tengoku play impressions

mutsu

sfried said:
Try going by the rhythm of the music rather than the visual cues.

I think he knows how to play the game... as he said he almost perfected everything on GBA and DS...

I don't know if it's really input lag though. I think it's just that this game requires crazy precision.

Cmagus said:
series has some amazing music.Purchased the soundtrack awhile back I hope they release one for the new game.

I need them to release a soundtrack with all the Perfect Edition of each track. Most of the soundtracks are a bit plain without those in game sounds.

mutsu said:
I think he knows how to play the game... as he said he almost perfected everything on GBA and DS...

I don't know if it's really input lag though. I think it's just that this game requires crazy precision.

yeah, that's the thing, i'm finding this game a lot harder than the other two, and i don't understand why... perhaps more tight timing for the button presses? oh well, i'll just try the good old crt, and if that' not it, i'll just keep on pressing :)

mutsu

kazuma_pt said:
yeah, that's the thing, i'm finding this game a lot harder than the other two, and i don't understand why... perhaps more tight timing for the button presses? oh well, i'll just try the good old crt, and if that' not it, i'll just keep on pressing :)

Let us know how you go with it, as I am interested to know as well since, like you, I feel like I suck at this time as if I grew old and slow in the last few years since I played Gold...

Played some of this and am up to the 3rd remix. It's tough at first to get back into the groove of the game as it's been quite a while since I've played either the DS or GBA version, but once I did it, that familiar feeling came back.

So far it's very Rhythm Heaven, which is definitely not a bad thing. I loved the DS one but it's nice to be back to buttons only. Highlight so far has to be the 3rd remix. The song is great!

Sagitario

sfried said:
AAAIIIII- SU-POSE! *clap*

uK0lx.jpg

mutsu said:
Fan Club's awesome!
If it's the Japanese version.
I don't think the American dub of Fan Club is as bad as everyone says it is... :/

I got up to
and failed like 4 times
the second remix tonight. I'm liking it a lot so far.

Cmagus

I need this game I have perfect in both the GBA and DS version to the point where I can complete the majority of the games with my eyes closed and going by only the music (i was bored).Started playing the DS import version again from scratch after all these videos

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I played this at E3 and it was AWESOME. Ughhhh, I want it so badly. If ever there were a game to import, it'd be Rhythm Tengoku.

mutsu

Cmagus said:
I need this game I have perfect in both the GBA and DS version to the point where I can complete the majority of the games with my eyes closed and going by only the music (i was bored).Started playing the DS import version again from scratch after all these videos

But the game is actually easier with your eyes closed ;)

sfried

El Pescado said:
I don't think the American dub of Fan Club is as bad as everyone says it is... :/
Tell that to the people who can't even be satisfied with Struck By The Rain's localization.

That said, the ending song to this game is all sorts of awesome.

Sapiens

Played at a friends house. Baby seals was great!

Loved what I played and hopefully the localization isnt butchered.

sfried

rpmurphy said:
Oh wow best endless game ever?! http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15124164
Manzai
Good luck, localization team. Impress us.
I have faith in Treehouse. The only time they screwed up was...Other M? (But that was more Sakimoto than anything.)

(I know it's not unheard off that 8-4 or AlphaDream localizes 1st party content.)

But
Manzai
. Holy crap indeed. That's quite a tall order.

My copy came in the mail yesterday. And IT'S SO AWESOME!

I can't get the tune for the Badminton game out of my head.
Also 10th Remix is a bitch (Yes, I actually played it that far already, which took me several hours).

This game is definetely hard. VERY hard.
Fuck the Rappers, though. Timing is a total bitch there.

mutsu

Soundtrack will be released on 24th August!

A whooping 4 disc soundtrack, just on this single game! The previous soundtrack was 3 discs covering the two games on GBA and DS. Shows how many songs are actually written for this game!

A list of the songs that will be included in the soundtrack. (Spoilers alert I guess, since it contains a list of all the songs in the game)
http://www.tnx.cc/public/release/va/pdf/20110824.pdf

Lots of Perfect Version songs. I like!

sfried

mutsu said:

A whooping 4 disc soundtrack, just on this single game! The previous soundtrack was 3 discs covering the two games on GBA and DS. Shows how many songs are actually written for this game!

A list of the songs that will be included in the soundtrack. (Spoilers alert I guess, since it contains a list of all the songs in the game)

My body was not ready.

And I was at Otakon looking all over for anybody who would remotely reference this franchise. Not one soul. Perfect versions make me very happy.

mutsu said:

Yes!! I love Perfect Versions. The other soundtracks don't have enough of them. :D
Now if only I could remember where I imported the other soundtracks from...

Wario64 said:
That one part in Flock Step is genius. Pure genius.
THAT BLEW MY MIND!

Yeah, I actually had pretty high expectations for this game, and I am happy to say it pretty much fulfills all of them. I don't really feel that the game is too hard either (though I also got stuck on the pig meeting part, damn automatic spinning chairs, shoud've read the instructions better). My only real complaint is having to unlock the 2P mode first by playing 1P. I think it would've been cool to experience those games for the first time together with somebody. At least the 2P endless games sort of makes up for it.

Best Nintendo series, imo. Not a bad one yet (except maybe the arcade game, but I blame Sega for that ;p)

sfried

MidnightScott said:
Anyone think this has been delayed until next year for western release? :/
Most likely late arrival. i.e. GameStop lists it as December but I wouldn't be surprized if January.

That said, does anybody have the 4-disk soundtrack yet?

Cmagus

Got my copy in a few days ago lol like almost 80 dollars with shipping and such but worth it been playing the crap out of this.So far I only need medals for remix 8, remix 9 and the second boxing one.I have perfects on around half so far but some are gonna be challenging.I think the only games I don't like are the fishing and baseball one but the rest are awesome as hell and the soundtrack is amazing.

In terms of it coming here who knows the DS one took awhile and this one has alot more lyrical mini games so that's gonna mean alot more dubbing.The way the songs are I am curios to see how they handle it cause some games like the rap one is probably gonna sound weird in english.

Great game though definitely more like the first game but this one is pretty easy overall.The first game was difficult to fully get perfect and the DS one was super easy to get full perfect I expect to have full perfect on this one pretty quick as well.

MercuryLS

Banned
Ok, I've been playing this for a while now. Best fucking game of the year, goddamn it's got some much fun and creativty packed into every square inch of the disc. Seriously people, import this shit!

Cmagus

Ive got all medals so far and just a little over half perfect.Remix 8 and 9 and the badminton one though are going to be hard as all hell to perfect.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There's someone working on a translation patch and pretty much has the game fully translated, the patch should be released pretty soon.

Cmagus

The english release is either going to be good or flat out suck.This one has so many vocal tracks that could easily ruin it if not done right.

K444WSR

Im quite keen to get this but am a little worried about how difficult the menus are to navigate. Is it fairly simple to get going and is the multiplayer a robust affair or more single-player centric?

MercuryLS

Banned
K444WSR said:
Im quite keen to get this but am a little worried about how difficult the menus are to navigate. Is it fairly simple to get going and is the multiplayer a robust affair or more single-player centric?

The menu's in these games are simple as hell, seriously.

Rarutos

Wario64 said:
There's someone working on a translation patch and pretty much has the game fully translated, the patch should be released pretty soon.
That's interesting, didn't think anyone would do something like that with an imminent English release! Of course, it probably isn't difficult to translate in the long run regardless.

And I'm really hoping that the dubbed vocals aren't too bad, the ones in the DS version were decent! Also, I'm hoping they give us a choice between the original vocal songs and the dubbed ones... Not sure how likely it is that they'd actually do such a thing, but I'm guessing not very. :(

Top Bottom