• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minna no Rhythm Tengoku play impressions

Cmagus

K444WSR said:
Im quite keen to get this but am a little worried about how difficult the menus are to navigate. Is it fairly simple to get going and is the multiplayer a robust affair or more single-player centric?

The entire thing is super easy to navigate and so are the games.Each game has a tutorial before it even if you cant read it ,it shows you what you need to press you'll figure it out

K444WSR

Thanks cmagus and mercury- now to order it of playasia. I'm not a big fan of music/rhythm games normally, but ever since I played ouenden, I love them simply because of the awesome Japanese music. Going by what people have said, this seems to have a similarly great soundtrack so it should get a lot of playtime.

Wario64 said:
There's someone working on a translation patch and pretty much has the game fully translated, the patch should be released pretty soon.

Is it going to work the same way the Fatal Frame 4 patch worked?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
MidnightScott said:
Is it going to work the same way the Fatal Frame 4 patch worked?

I dunno how that worked, but the info about the patch is here:

http://gbatemp.net/t302439-rhythm-heaven-wii-hacking?

You (may) need WiiScrubber.
You need an IPS patcher. (I suggest Lunar IPS) or an xDelta Patcher ( I suggest Delta Patcher by Phoenix)
You need an ISO of the game (DUMP YOUR OWN FROM YOUR LEGALLY BOUGHT COPY), I used a scrubbed one but I don't think it'll matter since you have to go into it and get the file you're patching. I'm pretty sure you need a scrubbed one for the xDelta patch.
You still need to run the game under the Japanese Language setting from your loader.

Readme explains the process. Short version, you're extracting some SZSs from your ISO, patching them, and replacing them. Or just patching the scrubbed ISO if you're using the xDelta patch.

You'll need to make an image of the game, patch it, then either burn it or run it off HDD

That sounds a bit difficult. Oh well, not like I need it anyway, it's a rhythm game lol. However, I doubt I'm going to import it. I'm sure NoA will give us a date. They have slowly been trickling out dates lately.

Boney

Banned
3684932_std.jpg

Cmagus said:
series has some amazing music.Purchased the soundtrack awhile back I hope they release one for the new game.

The soundtracks don't have the SFX from the game though right? It's not the same without the samurai's grunts and stuff :/

Wario64 said:
There's someone working on a translation patch and pretty much has the game fully translated, the patch should be released pretty soon.
That's kinda douchey of them considering Nintendo is releasing it in English and all...

rpmurphy

El Pescado said:
That's kinda douchey of them considering Nintendo is releasing it in English and all...
There are people who would prefer the Japanese version with the original songs and VA but can't read the text. It's still kinda silly to me, but I guess there are people who want a mix of things instead of one way or the other.

Cmagus

NEO0MJ said:
So, what's a good place to find the original GBA game? Want to pick it up before this is released.

The original GBA is out of print its very difficult to find at a decent price

Cmagus

That's cool they translated it.I am wondering I don't have two wiimotes to do multiplayer but does getting medals on that unlock more of the original GBA games?

I still need 7 more perfects to complete them all but the badminton one is going to be a nightmare to get perfect on.The game is so hard normally I am ok on it but when the cat goes all the way down the screen I always mess up.

Anyways here is another track I can't get this out of my head probably one of my favorite game tracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r906sBdOab0&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL9574FBE1D77C9FA6

I this delivered yesterday. I'm not reading through the thread because I love to be surprised by the crazy games.

I just played OH PAM PA PA badminton, and was laughing like a maniac. So awesome. I perfected the whole GBA game, but I can tell this is going to be much more difficult.

Kinda disappointed that there seem to be fewer games in each column, but that's just 'cause I'm always looking for more. I'll be happy with whatever Rhythm Tengoku I get.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I actually I think there's just as many games in each column as before. The difference between this and Rhythm Heaven DS is that RTDS has 5 unique "worlds" + 5 worlds with harder versions of each game. RTW on the other hand has 7 unique worlds + 3 harder worlds. This was kinda disappointing to me, since I expected every game to have harder versions. I thought there would be 14 worlds, not just 10.

This is my main gripe with the game: between that and the little amount of extra games (especially the anemic 2-player content), it feels like the developers phoned it in at times. Some of the 2-player games aren't even that clever because they're absolutely identical to their 1-player equivalents. Maybe I'm just oldschool, but when I go from handheld to home, I expect more content (say, 100 main games instead of 50) and care. I don't like it when it feels like Nintendo's teasing or going experimental. If you're not gonna go all the way with one mode, don't bother creating it in the first place.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think it sounds fine. The DS game was a good localisation and I'm sure this will be too.

Social

I played this game months ago and really loved it. Even on Dolphin it worked at some point, with no lag.

Can't wait for the PAL one. The multiplayer is so much fun

Karkador

Banned
It's a shame they didn't try to recreate the DJ scratch-like reporter voice, and instead went for...something that reminds me of "Yabba Dabba Doo" *ugh*

The rest is fine, though.

Top Bottom