• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minor: Nintendo files trademark for Awazon no hih (Virtual Boy Wario Land)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
122727-virtual-boy-waq3oww.png
122726-virtual-boy-warvruw.png

アワゾンの秘宝 is part of the Japanese title for Virtual Boy Wario Land

On May 11, 2017, Nintendo Co., Ltd. filed in Japan via J-PlatPat/INPIT a trademark application for アワゾンの秘宝 (Awazon no hihō), and it has now been made available for public viewing. Goods and services are related to programs for a home video game machine and the likes. Now, the earlier trademark for Awazon no hihō, filed in 1995, expires July 11, 2017, so this new filing is likely a product of that.

Appl.No.2017-064446 LIVE / APPLICATION / Awaiting Examination

(210)Application number 2017-064446
(220)Application date 2017/05/11
Date of entry into force of prior right 2017/05/11
Date of final disposition
Type of final disposition
Type of application

Trademark(for retrieval) アワゾンの秘宝
(511)(512) Class, Goods and Services Similar group code
9 家庭用テレビゲーム機用プログラム,家庭用テレビゲーム機用のプログラムを記憶させた記憶媒体,ダウンロードもしくはインストール可能な家庭用テレビゲーム機用プログラム及び追加データ,携帯用電子ゲーム機用プログラム,携帯用電子ゲーム機用のプログラムを記憶させた記憶媒体,ダウンロードもしくはインストール可能な携帯用電子ゲーム機用プログラム及び追加データ,業務用テレビゲーム機用プログラム,業務用テレビゲーム機用のプログラムを記憶させた記憶媒体,ダウンロードもしくはインストール可能な業務用テレビゲーム機用プログラム及び追加データ,電子計算機用プログラム,電子計算機用のプログラムを記憶させた記憶媒体,ダウンロードもしくはインストール可能な電子計算機用プログラム及び追加データ,スマートフォン用プログラム,スマートフォン用のプログラムを記憶させた記録媒体,ダウンロードもしくはインストール可能なスマートフォン用プログラム及び追加データ,録音済みのコンパクトディスク,インターネットを利用して受信し及び保存することができる音楽ファイル,インターネットを利用して受信し及び保存することができる画像ファイル,電子出版物,スマートフォン用ケース
09G53 11B01 11C01 24A01 24E02 26A01 26D01
Source: Search application number 2017-064446 here

The only use I can find for アワゾンの秘宝/Awazon no hihō is in the Japanese title for Virtual Boy Wario Land: バーチャルボーイワリオランド アワゾンの秘宝, so I must assume this concerns just that title.

A trademark for Virtual Boy was filed by Nintendo in Europe 2014. Nintendo's US Virtual Boy trademark was abandoned in 2003. Trademarks for Wario Land were filed in both EU and US in 2008.

I decided to bring this up as I find it a bit curious to file a new trademark application for such a niche title (for a niche system). I don't see any Japanese trademark filings for Mario Clash (マリオクラッシュ) or Teleroboxer (テレロ ボクサー). There you have it anyway.

Nanashrew

Banned
Virtual Boy VC?

I know plenty here on GAF who have wanted to see Wario Land Virtual Boy on 3DS with 3D effects.

I'd also be down with Virtual Boy VC on Switch too.

pdog128

I owned the Virtual Boy back when it came out. From what I remember, this was my favorite game on the system. Would love to see it rereleased as part of a compilation (along with Red Alarm) on 3DS.

How do you find this stuff...is looking for trademarks your main free time activity or something lol

Anyways this is likely nothing. Renewing trademarks for old products. You can see how much Nintendo cares about the Wario Land franchise by observing how they've been treating it for the past few years.

Berordn

Isn't this supposed to be the best Virtual Boy game?

Essentially the only one worth mentioning.

How do you find this stuff...is looking for trademarks your main free time activity or something lol

Anyways this is likely nothing. Renewing trademarks for old products. You can see how much Nintendo cares about the Wario Land franchise by observing how they've been treating it for the past few years.

It's only been a generation since the last Wario game? The franchise is dormant, but there's no reason to believe it dead.

Cruxist

Yessssss.

Best Wario game by far. My cousin had a virtual boy and I tried to get him to sell it to me several times but he wouldn't. Did get to play through the whole game though, and it's great.

13ruce

Banned
I think they might release this as a virtual console game it was not a bad Wario game, pretty good actually.

Clov

I really hope something comes of this, I've always wanted to give it a try. I never was able to find a Virtual Boy cart of it for a good price.

MrT-Tar

Literally the first thing I said when the 3DS concept was announced was that Virtual Boy Virtual Console would be amazing. I'm still waiting and it'll still be amazing.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
What does that roughly translate as? Treasures of the Amazon? (Or rather the Awazon, the Mario universe of Amazon)

Anyway, counter theory: Mario travels to "Awazon" from the virtual boy game in Odyssey.

WhatNXt

I figured that Metroid Return of Samus would be my last 3DS title, but if they do actually put some Virtual Boy VC goodness on there I'll buy it. Definitely Teleroboxer and Wario.

Hell, make a cheap VB branded visor for strapping the switch to my face and I'll buy that as well!

Deft Beck

Instead of just a 3DS VC release...I think we will get a Switch VR headset with this as a playable title.

Think of those VR patents that Nintendo filed a few years ago.

Garraboa

IF THIS MEANS WE CAN GET DRAGON HOPPER, BOUND HIGH AND ZERO RACER EITHER ON A 3DS COMPILATION OR A VIRTUAL BOY CLASSIC MINI OMG ONFG OMG OMG.

I shouldn't be this excited over this buy fuck yeah! If it means not fiddling with my VB's 3D ribbons or putting them in the oven for the nth fucking time just to get 10 more minutes of Wario Land gameplay. I'd double dip for damn sure.

Eusis

They're going to remake it for the Switch, aren't they? They WOULD take the one Virtual Boy game many people seriously want again and skip the actual 3D handheld to put it on, wouldn't they?

Cottiny

Banned
Virtual Boy VC?

I know plenty here on GAF who have wanted to see Wario Land Virtual Boy on 3DS with 3D effects.

I'd also be down with Virtual Boy VC on Switch too.

If I remember well when they announced VC for 3DS they promised Virtual Boy (which was logic, due to the 3DS effect). What a wasted opportunity. That and more 3D Classics like Excitebike, it was awesome.

Top Bottom