• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - Official boxart

I don't understand why people are upset about the vertical logo. I get it, opinions and all, but I don't get it.

Sometimes it feels like gamers really are the worst audience because some group is always unhappy with something no matter how arbitrary the detail.

But I hope people love the game.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Not feeling it, but glad it's actually being made.

Also I wish they'd just call it what it is, Mirror's Edge 2. Really not a fan of named rather than numbered sequels.

NotLiquid

The vertical logo doesn't bother me as much as Faith's depiction. She looks iffy compared to her previous showcases. Maybe it's just the particular facial expression but the original teaser image a year ago, and the box art for the first game, gave off a much more graceful expression.

Maybe that's just me though.

Sideways logos interest me....

MGS4_European_Cover.jpg

BigDes

I don't understand why people are upset about the vertical logo. I get it, opinions and all, but I don't get it.

Sometimes it feels like gamers really are the worst audience because some group is always unhappy with something no matter how arbitrary the detail.

But I hope people love the game.

Part of the problem is the eh binary nature of the internet

No one is upset with the logo, they just don't like it.

In the same way I'm not upset by parsnips, I just don't like them

Skilletor

Not feeling it, but glad it's actually being made.

Also I wish they'd just call it what it is, Mirror's Edge 2. Really not a fan of named rather than numbered sequels.

Numbered sequels give consumers the impression that they have to play the previous game .

I personally don't see why a number is any better or worse than a word.

Sephzilla

Im stuck on that boxart not making sense.

Vertical logo? This isn't the spine of the case, EA. She's clearly standing on what looks like a window (reflective surface, glass cracking beneath around her). Oh, so the whole front is supposed to be rotated 90 degrees because she's actually on a vertical surface? okay

*rotate 90 degrees*

Now the entire city in the background is screwed up

kmax

I can't believe that we're actually getting Mirror's Edge. It's been a long time since 2008, and I've been waiting ever since.

Can't wait.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Will try to get on day one from my friend that works at EA.

so1337

Worthy of a game with stellar art direction. This will stand out nicely among all those boxarts featuring a male protagonist's back.

Oriental? lol.

For some people there's only SUPER (almost stereotypically so) asian or NOT ASIAN AT ALL.

Faith is still asian.

This will always make me laugh.

Yup, we are gonna hear the arguments about how "Faith isn't Asian!!!!" anymore because she doesn't look straight up ripped out of a 1970's Kung Fu movie stereotype up until release.

Top Bottom