• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: Burst Forth!! Choro-gon Breath announced for PS4, Switch

Bullet Club

Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: Burst Forth!! Choro-gon Breath announced for PS4, Switch​

Due out in English and Japanese in spring 2022.

aYeLm3u.jpg

Publisher Bushiroad and developer Kaminari Games have announced shoot ’em up game Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: Burst Forth!! Choro-gon Breath for PlayStation 4 and Switch. It will launch in spring 2022 in both English and Japanese versions.

“Fly, shoot, and punch in this exhilarating shooter!” Bushiroad teased in its announcement. “Don’t miss these impressive dragon girls rampaging their way through the game.”

Further information was not announced. Visit the teaser website here. Follow the game on Twitter @maiddragon_game.

Watch the announcement commercial below.

Source: Gematsu

I bet for the cover art is a visual novel.

Not even hear this anime before...
How not? Miss Kobayashi has been going strong in Japan and East Asia for a while now. The series is made by the famous Kyoto Animation Co. Ltd. (mostly known in the anime community as KyoAni) from acclaimed series like Violet Evergarden, Clannad, Lucky Star, K-on, Nichijou, Hyouka, A Silent Voice, and so on. They were the studio victim of an arson attack in July 2019, that killed 36 employees and left a bunch of others injured. It was a big thing in the anime community and even on news channels around the world. Luckily, they recovered and came back even stronger.

Here's episode 1 of the anime:

It's a bit odd. I looked around for some screenshots but nothing showed up.

Yeah, it is a little odd because the dragon maid has the gag of having the hots for the MC who saved her life in the 1st episode. It's more of a comedy laidback slice-of-life series with a focus on the daily interactions between Miss Kobayashi and the dragon Maid Tohru. However, things never go accordingly, and more dragons and events happen to break the status quo of their cozy life. The series is known to have flippant moments of over-the-top fighting sequences out of nowhere just to show off what the team can do with a good budget, direction, and production time. It is a good show just to turn off your brain and relax for a few moments while having a laugh here and there.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
How not? Miss Kobayashi has been going strong in Japan and East Asia for a while now. The series is made by the famous Kyoto Animation Co. Ltd. (mostly known in the anime community as KyoAni) from acclaimed series like Violet Evergarden, Clannad, Lucky Star, K-on, Nichijou, Hyouka, A Silent Voice, and so on. They were the studio victim of an arson attack in July 2019, that killed 36 employees and left a bunch of others injured. It was a big thing in the anime community and even on news channels around the world. Luckily, they recovered and came back even stronger.

I see Kyoto Animation I give the anime a go.
I read the premise and was like WTF......still ended up finishing the whole first season.

In for random over the top violence!

mEwv34T.gif

D4MEWR0.gif

XqqsFpF.gif

I see Kyoto Animation I give the anime a go.
I read the premise and was like WTF......still ended up finishing the whole first season.

In for random over the top violence!

mEwv34T.gif

D4MEWR0.gif

XqqsFpF.gif
Same when I saw it for the first time. Fast forward a few years and I was urging for a second season after reading all the manga. But still, the anime adaptation is the better format for this show because the studio elevates the source material.

YukiOnna

I can't believe it's coming in English, lol. Usually this stuff never makes it here so it's nice.

At least this will tide me over till they do a 3rd season. Maid Dragon is comfy with occasional crazy fights.

More like Toei being cheap. At this point, I don't Toriyama really cares much about Dragonball's legacy. He already passed the mantle to Toyotaro and the thing keep still racking up money in the East and a little in the west to justify its existence. Toriyama probably just sticks with DB for the money and nothing more.

Pejo

I missed this originally I guess. Since there's not much gameplay footage in the thread, I found this:

(timestamped to where the gameplay starts - 14 minutes in to the video :messenger_downcast_sweat:)

Looks like just your basic bullet hell shmup. Not exactly high on my priority list but I'll pick up a PC version if they ever port it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom