Missing for nearly 3 months; Jayme Closs (13) Found Alive In Wisconsin, Suspect In Custody

Feb 3, 2018
USA
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...suspect-in-custody/ar-BBS5zQW?ocid=spartanntp

*this is still breaking*

------------
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Thirteen-year-old Jayme Closs, who went missing almost three months ago from her Wisconsin home, was located alive Thursday evening, according to the Barron County Sheriff’s Office. Police say a suspect has been taken into custody in connection with the case.

RELATED: AMBER ALERT: Wisconsin Girl, 13, Missing After Parents Found Dead

WCCO-TV’s Mary McGuire spoke to Jayme’s aunt Sue on Thursday evening, who said her niece was currently in the hospital.

“There was rumors earlier today, and I prayed and prayed and they come to not be true,” said Jayme’s aunt, Sue. “And I just shut myself totally down. I thought today was going to be the day, and then I find out two hours later that she’s found and I just cannot believe that.”

"Closs disappeared on Oct. 15, 2018, the same day her parents — James, 56, and Denise, 46 — were found shot to death inside their Barron home."
------------

This is great news and was a very big deal close to where I am from. I'm so happy she was found.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
Was it just a random kidnapping, someone close to the family, older boyfriend?
She was only 13 and apparently wasn't active on social media. So I would be inclined to think it was someone who was close to the family. Whoever it was, walked right in. Shot both parents and took her without leaving a trace beside the bullet casings. Scary. Thank God she is alive.

Nov 13, 2013
They will have a press conference Friday morning. No one knows who the person who took her was. They had no leads for the longest time. The suspect kicked the door in, murdered her parents and took her.

I can't imagine what she went through, I can't imagine it was anything short of horrific. They cleared like all the people in her life last time I read an update, so it was either someone way out of sight out of mind who knew her and the family or a stranger. If it was a stranger, I think we can probably guess what she was taken for if she was kept alive all this time, I don't even have to say it. I hope it wasn't as brutal as I think it is going to be once the story comes out though.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2013
They will have a press conference Friday morning. No one knows who the person who took her was. They had no leads for the longest time. The suspect kicked the door in, murdered her parents and took her.

I can't imagine what she went through, I can't imagine it was anything short of horrific. They cleared like all the people in her life last time I read an update, so it was either someone way out of sight out of mind who knew her and the family or a stranger. If it was a stranger, I think we can probably guess what she was taken for if she was kept alive all this time, I don't even have to say it. I hope it wasn't as brutal as I think it is going to be once the story comes out though.
String them up.

Nov 13, 2013
This case was so horrifyingly similar to the Shasta Groene case. When I first heard of it, it was the first thing I thought of, and in that case Shasta Groene was found alive as well. What happened to her and her family was unfathomable and her life has been fucked up ever since. I hope this doesn't turn out of awful as that did. It's awful either way, but that case was one of the worst I've read about.

I can’t help but wonder the long term psychological/emotional damages that 3 months of captivity to can do to anyone, especially a 13 year old girl. I mean, on top of her parents being murdered.

Life is fucked up, man.

I’ve never dealt with anything remotely close to the same universe as anything like this. I can’t imagine.