Nintendo, you've been listening to fans a lot lately. Give this man money and resources to make Last Story 2 and remaster LS1 while you're at it.
The trademark is allowed on handheld computers as well, but it would have to be eShop-exclusive (normal 3DS games list "video game cartridges" too).
Artoon are the Blue Dragon guys right ?
No, it existed in Terra Battle.
I'm wondering about that too...Is Wars the 2nd game that was supposed to be announced?
Better than nothing.Shame you had to be endgame leveled to even survive it to get those static pictures and single screen text boxes to move the story along. Otherwise, yeah, totally the equivalent of a console RPG, right?
Shame you had to be endgame leveled to even survive it to get those static pictures and single screen text boxes to move the story along. Otherwise, yeah, totally the equivalent of a console RPG, right?
I'm happy they've found a niche that lets them survive but Sakaguchi is wasting his talent and the final years of his career on projects this small. Last Story, Blue Dragon, and Lost Odyssey proved that he still could make the sort of jRPGs that made me fall in love with the genre. Terra Battle is nice for what it is, but it isn't even close to the sort of thing that made his name.
- Terra Battle 1 will not be terminated to make way for Terra Battle 2. They will support both games for the time being. There is a big Terra Battle update planned for June.
- Terra Battle 2 will be released this year. For the scenario Sakaguchi said he thinks it'll be about 50 chapters long this time, but instead of having it all out at once, he wants to release one chapter every Friday like a television series.
- Characters will not have a growth element this time round, but instead the growth elements will be in accessories and guardians you equip on them. Basically they want to separate the characters from the gacha elements, which will be in equipment.
- The other game they are working on is Terra Wars, and it is a game where the Terra Battle characters are transformed into claymation models of sorts. The gameplay will be what the title suggests, but they have nothing to share at the moment until Terra Battle 2 is out.
- Gooch has big plans for Terra World - he wants to extend it until he eventually retires, wants to make 9 titles in this universe, like FF I guess (oh god, and it's the least good Mistwalker universe too)
How's Terra Battle 1?
Also, Terra Battle anime when ?
Are many Nintendo fans even asking for this? I feel like the game got overshadowed by Xenoblade big time. It sucks because I enjoyed TLS just as much, if not more and I hope one day we'll see a sequel.
Wait, you didn't hear?Nintendo, you've been listening to fans a lot lately. Give this man money and resources to make Last Story 2 and remaster LS1 while you're at it.
I loved Terra Battle when it was simple, then the game over complicated things by adding panels that damage you and all that. Just made it less fun and more frustrating IMO. I was crazy addicted to the game for awhile though.
Disappointed that it's not a big JRPG, but this man is a storyteller, so I'm holding out hope he has something else up his sleeves.
It sounds like a photogrammetry rig for the clay models, which suggests they're making physical clay models.Some minor updates:
- Terra Battle 2's soundtrack will feature about 20 brand new tracks composed by Uematsu.
- Looks like you can equip 4 companions on a character.
- Apparently it looks more like a traditional consumer game SRPG now. Will have to wait for scans to show up to know what that means.
- Terra Wars' claymation graphics will be achieved using photoframes rather than 3D models. For a single character, a full 8 directional view requires about 2000 frames.
I wonder if they're literally making clay models and photographing them, or if they're using pre-rendering like the good old days.