• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker announces Terra Battle 2 (Mobile/PC, Silicon Studio) & Terra Wars (Arzest)

duckroll

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/20135887.html

u2fSXRa.jpg

There is an 8-page interview feature in this week's Famitsu with Sakaguchi and he announces his future plans for Terra Battle as a franchise. The following details are from Japanese blogs which got the mag early.

- The main announcement this time is Terra Battle 2. This is the next game from Mistwalker and it is co-developed with Silicon Studio. Mistwalker will handle all the art, music, scenario, while Silicon Studio is handling the programming and asset production.

- Terra Battle 2 will be released this year. For the scenario Sakaguchi said he thinks it'll be about 50 chapters long this time, but instead of having it all out at once, he wants to release one chapter every Friday like a television series.

- Grid-based field movement, when your characters engage an enemy square the battle starts. Not entire sure if it's realtime or turn based right now. There will be combination attacks. Characters will not have a growth element this time round, but instead the growth elements will be in accessories and guardians you equip on them. Basically they want to separate the characters from the gacha elements, which will be in equipment.

- Terra Battle 1 will not be terminated to make way for Terra Battle 2. They will support both games for the time being. There is a big Terra Battle update planned for June.

- Sakaguchi also talks about Terra World as the overall brand for the Terra games, and he wants to make more and more stuff from the familiar concepts, while exploring different gameplay styles and whatever. Like Final Fantasy.

- The other game they are working on is Terra Wars, and it is a game where the Terra Battle characters are transformed into claymation models of sorts. The gameplay will be what the title suggests, but they have nothing to share at the moment until Terra Battle 2 is out.

Update:
Just read an update that said that Terra Wars seems to have a shared copyright with Arzest, a studio formed by ex-Artoon members including Naoto Oshima. They have been actively developing 3DS games for Nintendo recently, so it's possible Terra Wars is not a mobile title?

Also, Terra Wars is apparently also a 2017 title fwiw.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sounds good - iOS/Android and PC means everyone will be able to play it.
- Terra Battle 1 will not be terminated to make way for Terra Battle 2. They will support both games for the time being. There is a big Terra Battle update planned for June.

Terra Battle is still up lol ? For some reason i thought it died a while ago, havent heard people talk about it in a while.

Fbh

I'd definitely try it out if they bother to release it in my country this time around (Terra Battle 1 didn't)

Theyre announcing a second game and they don't even know how the first game will play.
Gooch, boy, if youve been hanging with nomura at least pick up his knack for good animation instead of giving lazy stat9c art this time

Ydelnae

Glad to see new information about that console RPG they teased and promised (and later said that they had no idea on how it would play like) in order to get more downloads for their F2P game!

Will happily download Terra Battle 2.

tuxfool

Banned
As me and others have said, there's nothing stopping you from installing the apk.

It is a pain in the ass to manually download the apk, because you have to sometimes delete other out of date files for it to work. I used to do that, then it just became a hassle every time they updated the game.

ded gaem

But honestly it's pretty good. It just never caught on. Gameplay is very solid, especially for a mobile gacha game.

Indeed it's quite great in terms of gameplay, I would happily pay for an offline version, it would be perfect as a self-contained RPG on a portable console. Same goes for Brave Exvius.

Visceir

It is a pain in the ass to manually download the apk, because you have to sometimes delete other out of date files for it to work. I used to do that, then it just became a hassle every time they updated the game.

Thankfully storefront apps like QooApp exist that function pretty much like the official play store, except feature all the region restricted games on it. Simple and easy.

Byvar

More details from this page: http://gamestalk.net/post-81085/ No idea if it's reliable though.
  • 20 new songs by Uematsu in Terra Battle 2
  • Up to 4 characters can be used at the same time in Terra Battle 2
  • Terra Wars is stop-motion, characters can move in 8 directions. Will also be released in 2017 according to this (but I believe that date was for TB2 rather than TW).
  • Gooch has big plans for Terra World - he wants to extend it until he eventually retires, wants to make 9 titles in this universe, like FF I guess (oh god, and it's the least good Mistwalker universe too)
2nd game better be The Last Story 2.
No, It's Terra Wars, another mobile/PC game.

This Mistwalker/Silicon collaboration was announced at the beginning of 2016, if I remember right. That's quite a long wait for an iterative sequel to a mobile gacha game.

clem84

Gold Member
So that's the big June 22 reveal? oh wow... Depressing. :(

Not too surprising. If it was a console game, I guess it would've been announced at E3.

BTA

I spent some time with 1 during a holiday break a couple years ago; I never got very far, but I did really enjoy it. Maybe I should go back to it...

2nd game better be The Last Story 2.

Didn't Terra Battle have an epilogue to TLS as an event? I remember being annoyed that I hadn't kept up playing for the months between that break and when it ran, because I wasn't highly leveled enough for it.

...though I'd also prefer TLS2, yes.

duckroll

Just read an update that said that Terra Wars seems to have a shared copyright with Arzest, a studio formed by ex-Artoon members including Naoto Oshima. They have been actively developing 3DS games for Nintendo recently, so it's possible Terra Wars is not a mobile title?

Ryuukan

so when is the kickstarter

MilkBeard

Mmmm, hopefully.

Byvar

It's mobile.
The trademark is allowed on handheld computers as well, but it would have to be eShop-exclusive (normal 3DS games list "video game cartridges" too).

IzzyF3

Nintendo, you've been listening to fans a lot lately. Give this man money and resources to make Last Story 2 and remaster LS1 while you're at it.

I loved Terra Battle when it was simple, then the game over complicated things by adding panels that damage you and all that. Just made it less fun and more frustrating IMO. I was crazy addicted to the game for awhile though.

Disappointed that it's not a big JRPG, but this man is a storyteller, so I'm holding out hope he has something else up his sleeves.

Ray Down

Banned
Nintendo, you've been listening to fans a lot lately. Give this man money and resources to make Last Story 2 and remaster LS1 while you're at it.

I loved Terra Battle when it was simple, then the game over complicated things by adding panels that damage you and all that. Just made it less fun and more frustrating IMO. I was crazy addicted to the game for awhile though.

Disappointed that it's not a big JRPG, but this man is a storyteller, so I'm holding out hope he has something else up his sleeves.

Don't do this to yourself.

Kyuur

Characters will not have a growth element this time round, but instead the growth elements will be in accessories and guardians you equip on them. Basically they want to separate the characters from the gacha elements, which will be in equipment.

Yuck. Nothing turns me off a gacha game more. It did sort of feel like this is what they might have wanted to do with the original the way the game was setup though.

Top Bottom