• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

chrono01

The promotion being on DMM *might* require access to the PC version.
Altough there's nothing indicating it.

Note that they've long removed the "input code" options in the mobile version of Terra Battle 1 because of issues with Apple.
We currently need to log-in through the PC version (on AndApp) to implement gift codes.

I do not know if TB2 will do the same.
If this is the case, I should (theoretically) be able to start playing TB2 on the PC, set up my account/use the character code, and then transfer it to my phone, right? I know it was this was for TB1 (through the use of referral codes and all that). If so, I wouldn't mind doing that. It's a few extra steps, but worth it for a guaranteed SS.

Amneisac

Man, so I have been really enjoying Terra Battle for the last few weeks just playing a little each night, but it's suddenly gotten almost impossibly difficult. I'm about level 57-64 more or less in Chapter 21 and I just don't know what I should be doing. I'm having a hard time clearing the chapter missions now, but I don't have access to the metal zone for 60s and 70s is pretty tough and I'm out of tickets anyways. I've tried a few challenges, but a lot of those get super hard by the third part also.

duckroll

Man, so I have been really enjoying Terra Battle for the last few weeks just playing a little each night, but it's suddenly gotten almost impossibly difficult. I'm about level 57-64 more or less in Chapter 21 and I just don't know what I should be doing. I'm having a hard time clearing the chapter missions now, but I don't have access to the metal zone for 60s and 70s is pretty tough and I'm out of tickets anyways. I've tried a few challenges, but a lot of those get super hard by the third part also.

Chapter 20 is basically the leap from "casual story" Terra Battle where you can force your way through with any party whatsoever, and slightly more serious Terra Battle where you have to actually consider team formation to exploit the game systems. Levels are far less important than affinities, buffs, and stuff that stack. Don't stick to a fixed party formation, experiment with rotating around characters which match against the type of enemies you're facing. Have a dedicated healer. Etc. If you have specific problems with a stage maybe we can help. :D

Amneisac

Chapter 20 is basically the leap from "casual story" Terra Battle where you can force your way through with any party whatsoever, and slightly more serious Terra Battle where you have to actually consider team formation to exploit the game systems. Levels are far less important than affinities, buffs, and stuff that stack. Don't stick to a fixed party formation, experiment with rotating around characters which match against the type of enemies you're facing. Have a dedicated healer. Etc. If you have specific problems with a stage maybe we can help. :D

Awesome, thank you. I guess I need to look around and see which missions I need to farm for the materials to unlock additional jobs for my characters. I've been using A'misandra as my healer since that seems to be my best overall character so far. I'm just trying to save up 50 energy to try the bonus pull. I have two healers now so I will swap one out with someone else and see if I can do any better.

chrono01

Hmm, I saw this mention on the TB2 gacha campaign page:

"[Important]
Since Terra Battle 2 (DMM version) is for customers in Japan, the customers outside Japan are not able to participate in this campaign."

Goodbye SS character? :(

Visceir

SS rates feel quite low, finally got one though.
g1oJffy.jpg

Used the same twitter account to create a DMM account and pre-registered for the game via that site, in case they do decide to cock block non-japanese players.

chrono01

Yeah, it sounds like TB2 will be played exclusively through DMM, which doesn't allow players outside of Japan. TB1 was played through AndApp, which anyone could download/install, so it appears things are different here. From what I've read, the DMM versions of games are separate from the other versions, as in the case of GBF, where you can't carry over your account and sync the data between the two. If this is the same situation here, even if players outside of Japan could somehow manage to set up an account on the DMM version of TB2 and begin playing (to redeem their character code), the data would likely remain separate from our phone version, which makes it a no-go for me. We'll soon see if things are as they seem, but my hope is slightly lessened.

Oh well, I guess it's the classic re-rolling for me, I guess.

Visceir

Yeah, it sounds like TB2 will be played exclusively through DMM, which doesn't allow players outside of Japan. TB1 was played through AndApp, which anyone could download/install, so it appears things are different here. From what I've read, the DMM versions of games are separate from the other versions, as in the case of GBF, where you can't carry over your account and sync the data between the two. If this is the same situation here, even if players outside of Japan could somehow manage to set up an account on the DMM version of TB2 and begin playing (to redeem their character code), the data would likely remain separate from our phone version, which makes it a no-go for me. We'll soon see if things are as they seem, but my hope is slightly lessened.

Oh well, I guess it's the classic re-rolling for me, I guess.

Makes little sense for the versions to be separate. I'm still inclined to believe that even if you had to redeem the code via the DMM version you could then still just boot the game up on your english endroid version later. Different clients, same servers.

Small devs like Mistwalker can't really afford to maintain multiple versions like that and/or split up the playerbase.

Either way, the daily rerolling takes little effort and can be somewhat entertaining.

chrono01

Makes little sense for the versions to be separate. I'm still inclined to believe that even if you had to redeem the code via the DMM version you could then still just boot the game up on your english endroid version later. Different clients, same servers.

Small devs like Mistwalker can't really afford to maintain multiple versions like that and/or split up the playerbase.

Either way, the daily rerolling takes little effort and can be somewhat entertaining.
I really hope this is the case.

If I need to create a DMM account and play the game through a proxy, redeem the code, and then transfer it to my phone, I'm okay with doing a little extra work if it means a free SS character. I'm just worried at the specific mention that players outside Japan aren't eligible. I guess we'll know in just under two weeks!

duckroll

I rolled a SS Loran on that stupid DMM site and I stopped after that. Does anyone have an idea of which might be the best SS out of the 3?

Visceir

I rolled a SS Loran on that stupid DMM site and I stopped after that. Does anyone have an idea of which might be the best SS out of the 3?

Going by the artwork alone they feel like healer/tank/dps. I'd also guess the importance of them would be also then in that order. Treating this as a purely bonus thing though.

Edit: Unless there's a Kuscha situation and they give you a decent healer. Olber2.0 prob the safest bet.

Nikokuno

Really digging the new game, the trailer was very beautiful and set a heavy mood.

I didn't play TB long enough, but I can wait to play this one. Did TB had crossover collaboration? Like story related and new units for a limited time?

Staab

Looking forward to discovering what's new with TB2, going in almost blind !

Have enjoyed the first one immensely and hope they managed to build upon it, reinvent just enough to make it even more interesting and not just more of the same.
Also hoping they keep up with the updates, TB1 was so slow on that front with lots of undelivered promises...

Did they say if long standing TB1 players would be getting any bonuses by reusing the same account or something ?

So a TBForum user translated some of the stream today, and Sakaguchi pretty much confirmed what's in at launch:

- Chapters 1 to 3 only, + HARD mode versions when completed.
- Bull-Castle multiplayer raid
- Leviathan battle
- Metal Zone + a "Upgrade Material" zone (whatever they call it)

So pretty much everything seen on streams lately.

Chapter 4 the following week, which is what is expected.
(one per week)

Those bottles:

Baliis

Didn't pull the TB2 character, but finally pulled Gatz lol. Not that I need him anymore unless he makes Mutoh killable for me, idk he might.

Internets

Terra Battle 1 is still a pretty good game, finishing up the final few chapters and Matsuno world. At the moment, I still prefer it to TB2. Not that TB2 is bad, but the UI and controls seem all wonky, and a downgrade from TB1 except for the music and prettyness of it. Hopefully they fix it up soon, it's still pretty early

Top Bottom