• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Sakaguchi announcing 2 games June 22, teaser images [Up: 1 for mobile/PC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Okay so there was a giant Japanese livestream in which Sakaguchi apparently said:

1.) They're announcing Terra Battle 2. I think both images are for this. This would make a lot of sense financially, as Terra Battle 1 was very successful at launch, but died after a few months due to having basically no updates. Mobile games normally update every 2-4 weeks, and they can start this one off on the right foot.

2.) The thread says they're also announcing another game. This might be another mobile game, console game, both, or something else all together.

3.) I say purportedly because it's literally just this forum thread and a reddit post translating this, but Sakaguchi is AX on the 22nd.

Terra Battle Forum said:
MW will officially announce TB 2 this month on 22nd. From the video, it seem they will actually announce two new games.
Source 1: http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/broad-of-the-mist-60.12884/
Source 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/TerraBattle/comments/6ezzb9/terra_battle_2_teaser/

uBTgojM.png

moT93oS.png

DJIzana

I have *EXTREMELY* low expectations from anything from Mistwalker. I doubt we'll ever see a console game from them any time soon.

Firenze1

Banned
Mobile hasnt advanced much lately. People still dont care when games gets announced for it; just like 5 years ago.

Staab

Terra Battle has been slowly dying with very slow updates and not much novel but the game is excellent, gameplay is very fun and art is awesome.

If Terra Battle 2 is in the same vein, I'm totally in !
Can't wait to see what's up...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Terra Battle was easily one of the best mobile games I've played. Sad to see so many people write it off solely because its mobile, the game is really good. Excited to see what 2 will be.

That said I hope the 2nd game isnt mobile.

Byvar

Wow. Sony said they have an announcement about a beloved Japanese creator who lost his way chasing the mobile yen coming back to PS4 in a big way. The suggestion that it might be Gooch was shot down earlier since we knew about the mobile game... but the other game might be i-...

... nah, they'll both be mobile. You know, Zael, you really were the Last Story.
TLS2 was in Terra Battle.
That was TLS: Epilogue, and people obviously want a sequel that looks and plays like the original.

Hexer06

Man... This guy (and his team) is a legend. It saddens me deeply to see him going strictly Mobile now. I have very little faith the 2nd game will be on console(s), but I will still hold out hope. Lost Odyssey was better than any Final Fantasy after FFX, and one of the best JRPGs of all time imo. Blue Dragon was a nice breath of fresh air, but sadly Xbox ppl didn't really support either games. PLEASE come back to Consoles Gooch! We need you!!!! ;(

Please be Lost Odyssey 2 or even Last Story 2, but with the creative and drive Sakaguchi showed in the latter. Would also prefer if this was on Xbox Play Anywhere, or even better, a multiplatform release.

Slater

Banned
The best thing in a Gooch game sense he left Square was 1000 years of memories which weren't written by him. Dude lost his touch a long time ago with that fucking movie, let him do mobile where that doesn't matter as much

Alboreo

Blue Dragon 2, Lost Odyssey Successor, or Terra Battle Console Title let's gooooooo

(Just kidding it's probably another gatcha game).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The second title is most likely the game they're making with Silicon Studio, which is presumably a mobile title because Silicon doesn't self publish console games.

Ushay

Man... This guy (and his team) is a legend. It saddens me deeply to see him going strictly Mobile now. I have very little faith the 2nd game will be on console(s), but I will still hold out hope. Lost Odyssey was better than any Final Fantasy after FFX, and one of the best JRPGs of all time imo. Blue Dragon was a nice breath of fresh air, but sadly Xbox ppl didn't really support either games. PLEASE come back to Consoles Gooch! We need you!!!! ;(

Massive shame. I played Lost Odyssey on BC and hugely enjoyed it, and yes I think it's one of the best out there. Still havent played FF15 yet.

Hexer06

Please be Lost Odyssey 2 or even Last Story 2, but with the creative and drive Sakaguchi showed in the latter. Would also prefer if this was on Xbox Play Anywhere, or even better, a multiplatform release.

As much as I'd love it to be an XPA title, I'd rather it go multiplatform. His games deserve to sell gangbusters. Sadly, Xbox crowd doesn't seem to appreciate his work as much as they should. :p

Massive shame. I played Lost Odyssey on BC and hugely enjoyed it, and yes I think it's one of the best out there. Still havent played FF15 yet.
It was an extremely well-made JRPG. So much content to keep you busy in that game, A Thousand Years of Dreams, and a decent enough story to keep you going with very enjoyable characters (especially Jensen lol). FFXV was a letdown for me, personally. You might enjoy it though if you like Action-based combat instead of turn-based. I'm still one of those "outdated" ppl that still love turn-based over Action for my RPGs. :D

Edit: If you haven't already, check out Blue Dragon. It has an awesome battle system and character progression system as well. Some of the characters can be kinda annoying and it's slightly more "childish", but the gameplay still holds up.

zulux21

Wasn't Terra Battle supposed to come to consoles?

sorta.

it's a full console RPG based in the terra battle universe.

not sure what is going on with it.
though they released a trailer for a console project at some point in the last year.

vareon

Hopefully the mobile project has an English release. I think Terra Battle was a global simultaneous release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom