• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker's next project artwork

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
A little over-busy character design, but at least the character is easily determinable as a male, and might even be over 20. That's a step in the right direction, Lost Odyssey's western appeal probably had a lot to do with the protagonists not being a bunch of kids.

Also, YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE SWORDS SO I PUT A SWORD ON YOUR SWORD SO YOU CAN STAB WHILE YOU STAB

gantz85

Banned
Can any of the more Japan knowledgeable GAFfers brief me on the relationship between Mistwalker and Microsoft? Is the studio itself funded by Microsoft or are its projects funded by Microsoft?

Basically I want to know whether their products will necessarily only appear on the 360.

Also I just noticed Kaim has belts.

gantz85 said:
Can any of the more Japan knowledgeable GAFfers brief me on the relationship between Mistwalker and Microsoft? Is the studio itself funded by Microsoft or are its projects funded by Microsoft?

Basically I want to know whether their products will necessarily only appear on the 360.

Also I just noticed Kaim has belts.

They've released a few games for the DS
but as for as consoles go, their 'relationship' with MS probably means they are contracted to develop only for the 360

Call me crazy if you want...but looking closely at that Mistwalker site that was linked to the artists profile....it looks kind of like he drew artwork of himself, like if he were a character in a game or something. Seriously look at the guy and then look at the artwork, it looks like him. Kinda like a fantasy version of himself.

Either that or it's just something from his portfolio that he decided to show on his profile page.

This better be a 360 game and not another DS bomb. Microsoft should be paying Cavia, Artoon and Feelplus to program for Mistwalker around the damn clock.

It's a shame Feelplus got stuck making N3-2.

harSon

Banned
SimpleDesign said:
This better be a 360 game and not another DS bomb. Microsoft should be paying Cavia, Artoon and Feelplus to program for Mistwalker around the damn clock.

I recall Feelplus saying that they were developing multiple games simultaneously

Quazar

SimpleDesign said:

Feel+ is working on several titles.

mujun

LiquidMetal14 said:
They can do what they want. They actually sell a decent amount of software for just 1 platform. Mystwalker has missed more than hit. It would benefit them in particular and everyone would win. Not a bias thing but a way for their games to reach a bigger base (especially in Japan)

sorry sounds like an arbitrary line in the sand you are drawing to me.

game a sold way more than game b on system a so game b should be multiplat.

any game would sell more if it was on more platforms irrespective of whether they sold "decently" or not.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Awesome, I can't wait to see more of this game. Mistwalker's by far the best newcomer to the game industry.

charsace

I think this is a blue dragon game. The fact that the artwork has dragons and that blue stands out leads me to believe this.

Yazus

I hope GDC/E3 delivers for Mistwalker. Lost Odyssey was awesome and another game JRPG from Mistwalker with adult characters (I hated Blue Dragon for the style) would be awesome :D

Quazar

MW site(NA) updated with Fujisaka now under creators section. To those who want to read translation:

http://www.mistwalkercorp.com/en/creator_eng/pg107.html

Mistwalker said:
Fujisaka
Artist of Mistwalker

My name is Fujisaka and I’m an artist. I’m currently being challenged with Mistwalker’s new project. This illustration has nothing to do with it, but it’s a single drawing I did recently.

My illustrations and designs keep piling up without seeing the light of day. It happens a lot, but I think of it like medals of honor from battle. The project I had been working on never made it through to completion, and the one thing that I really realized was that I was very disappointed in my lack of skill. I’m also very sorry for the people who were hoping the project would get done; how can I make up for those expectations…

What I can do is put my entire heart into the titles that are put on my plate. Keep striving to create things where you’d think, “That was fun!” I think it’s all that matters. It’s very fortunate that I was able to work on a new project. From this point on is very crucial. I’m gonna keep at it.

bloke nailed it.

Top Bottom