• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mixer will give away 500 copies of BFV in the Game Awards

Thiagosc777

https://www.onmsft.com/news/watch-the-game-awards-on-mixer-today-to-get-exclusive-mixpot-rewards

Tonight at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT, The Game Awards will celebrate the video games industry with a live ceremony that will be streamed on many popular video platforms. Just like last year, Microsoft’s Mixer service will join the party and those of you who watch the ceremony on Mixer will get exclusive “Mixpot” rewards. The digital gifts will include a mysterious Sea of Thieves DLC, and the Mixer team will also offer 500 copies of Battlefield V to some lucky members of the audience.

You can have the chance of winning the hottest game of 2018!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I like Mixer, but right now it doesn't seem like they can handle sudden spike loads. I tried watching their X018 stream and the service shit itself. I had to go to Youtube to watch the rest uninterrupted. On the plus side, I got all the rewards from that particular stream even though I bailed after 15 minutes. So I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I won't turn down a free game!
do I have to watch and quickly punch in a code or does it get PM'd to me?
If you have an Xbox or have used the Win10 Xbox... thing, the code will get messaged to you a couple days later if other code giveaways that I've received are any indication. It won't be immediate btw. You need to wait a couple days or even a week.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
Double-do-not-want? Probably a good promotion for Mixer either way.

Last edited:

-MD-

Hopefully they give out PC copies, gonna try for one. Playing through Premiere so I don't own it yet.

Kagey K

Banned
I was watching on Mixer anyway so this is a cool bonus.

If any of you that don’t want it win, I’ll gladly take it from you.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I hope it does give mixer a boost ..twitch could use some competition .

Well, the only way that happens is if they make things very, very enticing to established streamers. You're not going to get there by buying viewers for one night with the slim potential to get a free game.

TacosNSalsa

Well, the only way that happens is if they make things very, very enticing to established streamers. You're not going to get there by buying viewers for one night with the slim potential to get a free game.
True..no way the likes of Ninja or Doc are going anywhere..

Eyeron

Boost those daily active users one way or another.
Une_digital_labor-1019x525.jpg

Raitoningu

Banned
Wait a sec, are they trying to save their dead service by offering unsold copies of a dead game?

With all this dead shit around them, microsoft will end up joining the walking dead series :/

Foxbat

Banned
Wait a sec, are they trying to save their dead service by offering unsold copies of a dead game?

With all this dead shit around them, microsoft will end up joining the walking dead series :/

So much salt in one post.

Watch that sodium intake there buddy.

Top Bottom