• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto confirms plans for Zelda 25th anniversary (gameblog.fr interview)

linkboy said:
A rom dump for Zelda won't happen since you can get every game up to the 64 games on the VC (and Majora's Mask runs great on the VC)...
Can't get the BSX games on VC. A Wiimake of FSA wouldn't surprise me either though.

syoaran

EatChildren said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to integrate Skyward Sword into this, especially if they feel like giving Wii software a bit of a booster. Not that I expect Skyward Sword to sell badly, but from a marketing perspective it certainly couldnt hurt to coincide a 25th Anniversary package with the Wii game's release.

To true, I also wouldn't mind a MM 3DS update in the same vein as OoC is getting if that was entirely possible.

EatChildren said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to integrate Skyward Sword into this, especially if they feel like giving Wii software a bit of a booster. Not that I expect Skyward Sword to sell badly, but from a marketing perspective it certainly couldnt hurt to coincide a 25th Anniversary package with the Wii game's release.

I completely agree here, it would make for a good business tactic and allow collectors to 'stock up' on their collection.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Starwolf_UK said:
As for soundtracks. After Super Mario All-Stars "lol 20 minutes: worse than the free gift Nintendo Dream made 5 years ago" I'd rather they not bother with insulting us like that.
That CD was a bitter disappointment. I'm not at all bothered that I didn't get the Mario 20th anniversary pack.

THIS JUST HAS TO BE BS ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zelda_BS.png

Come on, all the other stuff is on VC, at least the excuse with Mario was technically the Allstars remakes weren't so here they are...... well, here is the remake of the ORIGINAL ZELDA ALL NEW PURTY LIKE NOW! Happy anniversary my beautiful baby.

Do it! Please!

doit.gif

linkboy

Conrad Link said:

Zelda_BS.png

Come on, all the other stuff is on VC, at least the excuse with Mario was technically the Allstars remakes weren't so here they are...... well, here is the remake of the ORIGINAL ZELDA ALL NEW PURTY LIKE NOW! Happy anniversary my beautiful baby.

Do it! Please!

doit.gif

Except the original BS Zelda rom is totally jacked up. Has an arbitary time limit, no final dungeon, Link isn't it in either (the main character is the BS Satellite mascot, either a boy or girl. That picture with Link is via a rom patch) and the overworld is a lot smaller.

The emulation community has gotten both that and the other BS Zelda playable.

Honestly, I think Nintendo puts BS Zelda in the a group close to the CDI games. They exist, but not acknowledged.

Lijik

linkboy said:
Except the original BS Zelda rom is totally jacked up. Has an arbitary time limit, no final dungeon, Link isn't it in either (the main character is the BS Satellite mascot, either a boy or girl. That picture with Link is via a rom patch) and the overworld is a lot smaller.

The emulation community has gotten both that and the other BS Zelda playable.

Honestly, I think Nintendo puts BS Zelda in the a group close to the CDI games. They exist, but not acknowledged.
Its a bit of a shame because the other BS Zelda game was fairly interesting. Although that one kind of lives by its time limit IMO since its otherwise just a super simplistic variation of LTTP and theres no aspect of "Should I take the time out to try to do this subquest for a piece of heart and possibly not be able to finish the two dungeons, or should I stay focused" which I found to be pretty compelling.

linkboy

Lijik said:
Its a bit of a shame because the other BS Zelda game was fairly interesting (although that one kind of lives by its time limit IMO since its otherwise just a super simplistic variation of LTTP)

Its got some interesting ideas (like weather making enemies stronger or weaker).

I'm not saying I wouldn't mind seeing the BS Zelda's get the release they deserve, but I just don't see Nintendo acknowleding them.

linkboy said:

Nintendo does acknowledge the BS games. The recent Fire Emblem remake comes with the BS Fire Emblem games complete with modern tweaks and actual goals.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
* About the "project cafe" rumors, he said they are always working on new hardware. He also added "where there's smoke there's fire", but that "you shouldn't believe everything you read [on the internet]".

Hmmmmmmm

Also, it just occurred to me, if the screen in the controller rumor is true, that could be very interesting for Pikmin

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
* About the "project cafe" rumors, he said they are always working on new hardware. He also added "where there's smoke there's fire", but that "you shouldn't believe everything you read [on the internet]".
That's pretty much exactly what I expected with the Project Cafe talk. Most of the major points more or less in the right ballpark, some details (probably mostly related to the touchscreen controller's capabilities) either exaggerated or slightly off of reality.

gimz

ah Pikmin 3-D now it make sense why nintendo hold it for so long
and just by looking at Mii Plaza title screen i could already imagine what pikmin will look like in 3D

actually why dont they just use the Mii we got from streetpass to make a pikmin game?

RPGCrazied

If only the Wii used blu-ray. Stick every Zelda on a blu-ray in HD, stick it in a steelbook case and I'd buy it at a high price. Oh wait, the Wii can't do HD. I have no clue what they will do then. I'm not going to over-hype myself and end up being disappointed though.

Why do I have a feeling its going to just be a custom themed 3DS, which I don't want for the feeisble future.

kswiston

I wouldn't be against a $30 collection of ROM dumps if it was Zelda, Zelda 2, ALTTP, OOT, and Majora's Mask. At least that would be a small savings against buying the games separately on Virtual Console.

EDIT:

Or make it a $50 Rom collection with a packaged limited edition Classic Controller Pro, Artbook, and Soundtrack sampler.

RPGCrazied said:
If only the Wii used blu-ray. Stick every Zelda on a blu-ray in HD, stick it in a steelbook case and I'd buy it at a high price. Oh wait, the Wii can't do HD. I have no clue what they will do then. I'm not going to over-hype myself and end up being disappointed though.
While they would still be in 480p, this is kind of true. Why buy it now, when you know they're going to be rereleased in 1080p eventually? Of course, only the 3D games would benefit.

RPGCrazied said:

Why do I have a feeling its going to just be a custom themed 3DS, which I don't want for the feeisble future.
Every Zelda would easily fit on a DVD.

Slime

Banned
kswiston said:
I wouldn't be against a $30 collection of ROM dumps if it was Zelda, Zelda 2, ALTTP, OOT, and Majora's Mask. At least that would be a small savings against buying the games separately on Virtual Console.

They already did that. It came with my GameCube. I'd like to hope they have something a little more imaginative in store.

RPGCrazied

Windwaker: Directors cut?! They did cut 2 temples from the game. Artbook would be nice. Maybe a Skyward Sword Collectors Edition?

kswiston

Slime said:
They already did that. It came with my GameCube. I'd like to hope they have something a little more imaginative in store.

They already did Mario All-Stars as well. Didn't stop them from re-releasing it again last year.

Anyhow, Hardcover art book, Soundtrack Sampler, Perfectly emulated Roms, and a limited edition Classic Controller Pro would be worth $50 for fans.

Expecting Nintendo to release anything really spectacular for the 25th anniversary of the Zelda series is silly. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the 25th anniversary celebration is just the release of Skyward Sword and maybe a Wii bundle of some kind in Japan.

kswiston said:
They already did Mario All-Stars as well. Didn't stop them from re-releasing it again last year.

Anyhow, Hardcover art book, Soundtrack Sampler, Perfectly emulated Roms, and a limited edition Classic Controller Pro would be worth $50 for fans.

Expecting Nintendo to release anything really spectacular for the 25th anniversary of the Zelda series is silly. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the 25th anniversary celebration is just the release of Skyward Sword and maybe a Wii bundle of some kind in Japan.

Watch it be a gold Wii.

kswiston said:

Full soundtrack or bust, why a sampler?

Suzzopher

I'd take a Legend of Zelda Link to the Past in 3D as part of the 3D Classics range to celebrate the little fella's birthday.

kswiston

Sammy Samusu said:
I'm pretty sure it's a WiiHD game. But we will see...

I doubt we will get two console Zeldas a year apart. Plus, 25th anniversary is this year going by the Japanese release of Legend of Zelda.

Suzzopher said:
I'd take a Legend of Zelda Link to the Past in 3D as part of the 3D Classics range to celebrate the little fella's birthday.
No doubt it's coming eventually, but we'll probably see Zelda 1-2 first. Nintendo actually had Zelda 1 as part of the 3D Classics demo at E3 I believe.

Eric C

Rom dump and English translation of BS ZELDA PLEASE.

ZN7Ph.gif
saJSU.gif

ufXxf.gif
tGboK.gif

Conrad Link said:

Zelda_BS.png

Do it! Please!

Yes

Thoraxes

For the AR games, I really hope that more recognition is included in the current AR game, and they just update it with a firmware upgrade. Then they just sell the cards in stores.
It'd be a whole lot nicer than having to buy a whole separate game for it. Though yet again, people could just scan the cards and everything, so I don't know.

Or they could just release the cards on the internet and do a free update for everyone.

As for Project Cafe: Glad to hear it.
Pikmin Re-confirmation: Glad to hear it, hope to see it at E3, hopefully for the 3DS. The 3D would just be too amazing for that game with it's camera angle and perspectives.
Zelda: I really hope in addition to a collection (Oh man, all Zelda on one disc would break me) that they release an art book. The series is way too ripe with awesome character design and the nice fantasy element not to release one.

Give me a 25th Anniversary 3DS Pack with a gold or green 3DS and OoT 3D and a collector edition Zelda: The Portable Collection with Awakening DX, Seasons, Ages and Minish Cap.

Love to see Nintendo do something in addition to SkyWard Sword's release. Maybe an extra disc or packaging like a LE edition. I don't think Nintendo has ever done LEs for their games this gen, have they?

They should do something cool for Zelda, although I feel that Ocarina of Time's remake on the 3DS can kind of be like a 25th anniversary celebration.

Know what would make for a good anniversary present for Zelda? A remake of Zelda 2 for Wii, with better signposting (maybe as part of an optional Dumbass Mode so purists can stay pure), an all new script, Super Guide, and graphic styles from Nintendo, Vanillaware, Wayforward, David Hellman, and other awesome game artists. I'd pay £30 for that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Green Scar said:
Know what would make for a good anniversary present for Zelda? A remake of Zelda 2 for Wii, with better signposting (maybe as part of an optional Dumbass Mode so purists can stay pure), an all new script, Super Guide, and graphic styles from Nintendo, Vanillaware, Wayforward, David Hellman, and other awesome game artists. I'd pay £30 for that.

I'd pay $80 for this if the name for this mode was actually "Dumbass mode."

Top Bottom