• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto confirms plans for Zelda 25th anniversary (gameblog.fr interview)

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
kswiston said:
The exact same game with motion controls? Don't see what other benefits would come from porting it to Wii.
Widescreen visuals, add in the two cut dungeons and a hard mode and that's an instant sale.

linkboy

kswiston said:
The exact same game with motion controls? Don't see what other benefits would come from porting it to Wii.

They could actually finish it, for one. Add in those dungeons that were cut.

Amir0x

Banned
Everytime I hear Pikmin from his mystical lips I turn to putty and go into a state of euphoric meditation, where all I hear is the Pikmin's magical musical humming as they lift a Duracel battery back to their ship in perfect harmony.

I am ready, Miyamoto. I am so ready.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The sad thing is that if all they did was re-release the Zelda Collection from the GCN (which I got for free and still have) I'd probably still buy another one if it had a fancy case for $30.

mello

This Zelda anniversary pack better include WW or I'm not coughing up a penny. You HEAR me Miyamoto! Not a penny!!

Didn't Nintendo say they were doing something different from the Mario collection for this?
I mean, other wise, they would have already announced the Zelda Collector's Disc, I'd think.

MYE

Twilight Princess said:
despite being a huge nintendo/miyamoto fan, i think he is too old to come up with new ideas. it's time for nintendo to prepare miyamoto II.

Seriously?

entremet

I wonder what Nintendo is going to do when Miyamoto retires? The company and designer both ascended hand in hand, same with Jobs and Apple.

entrement said:
I wonder what Nintendo is going to do when Miyamoto retires? The company and designer seem on the same, same with Jobs and Apple.

Miyamoto has been grooming multiple people to take up the torch when he does finally decide to spend the rest of his days surrounded by girls on a beach.

Jasoco

Banned
They need to do to Zelda what they should have done to Mario. But instead recreate Zelda 1 and 2 in Phantom Hourglass style 3D. Mario should have been the original 4 games with NSMB engine. This should be the first two games with DS Zelda style engine and Wind Waker style art but on the Wii.

But it won't. Bah.

why do people still want the Wind Waker style? yea it was beautiful (on the GCN) but it's been 3 games already. lets move on to a different style

Akai

From The Dust said:
why do people still want the Wind Waker style? yea it was beautiful (on the GCN) but it's been 3 games already. lets move on to a different style

Well from the graphics whore point of view, we really haven't seen the style's full potential...

Easy_D

never left the stone age
From The Dust said:
More like, it's been in 1 game and horribly mis-represented in 2.

spliced

mehdi_san said:
* He's thinking about entrusting the younger teams with traditional characters such as Mario and Zelda, so he can get more time to work for himself

Work for himself as in other Nintendo stuff or as in do more home gardening or something?

AniHawk

kinda hard to believe the guy's pushing 60. next gen will probably be the last one where he has any big role in games like he does now, seeing if younger teams can handle his classic franchises. gen after (if there is one), he'll probably be a board member that occasionally shows up. i don't see him working into his 70s.

iwata will be there for the next 25 years, as part of his blood contract.

Azure J

AniHawk said:
kinda hard to believe the guy's pushing 60.

Seriously, as awesome as he's been, I feel weird seeing his name mentioned every now and again and realizing that the first time I ever saw it prominently was almost 15 or so years ago after beating Mario 64.

TheOGB

Banned
Whatever it is it should involve the moon in some way.

mehdi_san said:
* About the "project cafe" rumors, he said they are always working on new hardware. He also added "where there's smoke there's fire", but that "you shouldn't believe everything you read [on the internet]".
Hurpa derpa derp

bhlaab

Zelda 25th Anniversary Collector's SuperFan Bundle: a Wii DVD with a ROM of Link's Awakening packed with a Memorex CD-R full of mp3s and a $5 gift certificate for Arby's

Anth0ny

They already did a ROM dump:

Legend-of-Zelda-The-Collectors-Edition.jpg

The only ROM dump I would accept is BS Zeldas, in English... and preferably with the long lost voice acting. Does that audio even exist still?

Or, Wind Waker in 1080p for Wii 2. Doesn't really scream "25th anniversary", but who cares.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
* He's thinking about entrusting the younger teams with traditional characters such as Mario and Zelda, so he can get more time to work for himself

I don't get this. I don't think he HAS to work on any of the traditional games. If he wants to entrust Mario and Zelda to any younger teams, I would think that it would benefit some of the senior people who worked on those games more than it would Miyamoto.

KenOD said:
Legend of Zelda Pinball, that's what's needed. Mario got one, Pokemon got two, Metroid got Prime retold, time to celebrate all the different Hyrules, Koholint , and the like through glorious ball form.

Only half joking.

Yes! LoZ Pinball. On 3DS. Day one.

Ushojax said:
Don't see this happening. They could only package the first two NES games (as any others would require an additional controller), and one of them is shit. It will be something different to what we got with Mario.

Ushojax said:
Good riddance IMO. The combat of the SNES and GBC games was rubbish. The slower pace of gameplay in the post OOT titles suits me much better.

Ushojax said:
Streamlining is something that makes a game more accessible, makes it easier to play or to understand, just lets you have fun faster, it removes the baggage from the experience. Dumbing down is what stupid people call that same process.

So taking out rubbish like the awful inventory is dumbing down? Why would anyone want to be fiddling around managing their inventory in a game about shooting space Terminators and sexing up blue aliens? Some things just don't fit or get in the way of things, elements like the bike sequences in No More Heroes or the hub in Mario Galaxy were removed for a good reason. They were shit. I'm sure some strange people enjoyed them but that doesn't mean it was worth building on them.

This sort of thing is so subjective though. For every person who hates the lack of 'challenge' in the 2008 PoP there is someone who found it alleviated the frustration of having to restart a whole sequence from scratch when you died. This could be seen as streamlining or dumbing down depending on your interpretation. I think it's the former.

/facepalm

Anth0ny said:
The only ROM dump I would accept is BS Zeldas, in English... and preferably with the long lost voice acting. Does that audio even exist still?
I think the audio exists.

Do you remember the Japanese "Zelda no Video" (The Video of Zelda) documentary that came out around 2003? They showed clear footage of BS Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets with voice acting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7qZFoRZJnQ#t=5m50s
It's Zelda running and screaming for help. Skip a little before that part for other voice acting.

bhlaab said:
Zelda 25th Anniversary Collector's SuperFan Bundle: a Wii DVD with a ROM of Link's Awakening packed with a Memorex CD-R full of mp3s and a $5 gift certificate for Arby's

That's still better than how Nintendo treated the 25th anniversary of Mario. I think the Arby's gift card puts this bundle over the top.

I don't think people should immediately think a Retro Zelda will be like Metroid Prime... a first-person game with Metroid Prime graphics.

DKC:Returns was not a first-person game with Metroid Prime graphics...

watershed

Banned
Why would you do that? said:
I don't think people should immediately think a Retro Zelda will be like Metroid Prime... a first-person game with Metroid Prime graphics.

DKC:Returns was not a first-person game with Metroid Prime graphics...

Exactly, the reason why I want Retro to do Zelda isn't because I think it'll look like the Prime series but because they are great developers who have shown that they can completely reinvent a series (Metroid) or stay faithful to it and boil it down to the best essentials (DK). I can only imagine how they would approach an HD Zelda game!

Jasoco said:
They need to do to Zelda what they should have done to Mario. But instead recreate Zelda 1 and 2 in Phantom Hourglass style 3D. Mario should have been the original 4 games with NSMB engine. This should be the first two games with DS Zelda style engine and Wind Waker style art but on the Wii.

But it won't. Bah.

With touch controls? Please, no.

My way to fix zelda:
*Almost no narration, read the booklet if you want the plot
*Overworld is like a dungeon again (like in zelda 1, 3 and 4)
*no linearity up until to special key points and from then on nonlinear again (like in lttp)
*more dungeons
*more secret caves
*an overworld that is not barren but rather has thousands of interconnected caves and tunnels, forrests and random events
The most important parts:
*NO handholding
*no sidekick character
and NO stupid gimmick (zelda and the gimmick of the day)

Articalys

How convenient you all mention ALttP earlier, because straight from the boss's mouth:

With an Ocarina Of Time remake on the way in June, Miyamoto says the one game he would most like to see remade for 3DS would be another Zelda classic. “I think A Link To The Past,” he says. “Do you remember Xevious? It’s two-layered and I really wanted to create that at the time. So to see Link To The Past in two layers would be quite attractive for me.”

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/miyamoto-“we’ll-focus-more-on-gaming”

Top Bottom