• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U will arrive before the end of 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Announce Lockario if old

aDOcYBr.png

Source (Nintendo.co.jp)

S8kvpJW.gif

Edit: it will be released "by the end of 2014", not at the end - sorry brahs((

Pathetic.

And as someone who isn't a Smash fan, this ties up Sakurai for another 10 months when he could be making a sequel to Kid Icarus Uprising (or a brand new game) on the Wii U.

so

DKC TF February 2014
Mario Kart 8 may 2014
Zelda Musou Summer 2014
SSB4 Winter 2014

Bayonetta 2 - ?
Fire Emblem X Megaten - ?
third Sonic game - ?
X - ?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not in the least bit surprising. Banked on it being their big holiday game when it was made clear early on that Mario Kart would come out first.

Orbis

Figured. There's only a few major Wii U games this year. Got to spread them out.
It would be a decent candidate for a Christmas 2014 flagship title too I guess, no point shoving it in the wilderness of the rest of the year. How well did Brawl sell?

It'll be shaped up and shipped out as Nintendo's big Fall title, like SM3DW was last year. The Wii U's last great white hope.

Heyt

Banned
I want to play it a soon as I can, but I rather prefer a perfect game with plenty of content both old and new than something that I can play in the next 3 months.

But that WiiU game stream and momentum seems pretty much another promise impossible to keep.

batbeg

I figured this would happen but it still sucks.

I wonder if the announced titles are all we'll get out of Nintendo on Wii U sometimes...

Damn. The Wii U lineup is bone dry. And I doubt X and SMT x FE are going to hit this year. Will we be able to count all Wii U games with our digits this year?

Vaiim

It gives them more time to work on it, which is a good thing at least. I was fearing they were going to rush it out to "save" the WiiU. But Smash is a game that deserves fine tuning!

Nibel

Don't forget that this might be only for the Japanese release date; the rest of the world should probably expect spring 2015 like other fellow Gaffers have mentioned already

Jawmuncher

Well looks like Snake will be in after all considering how long we'll be waiting.
Didn't they cram in Sonic last minute which was the cause of the brawl delay back in the day?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So... Mario Kart and then nothing big for longer than half a year, possibly more? I mean wow.

Wonder what this means for Smash Brothers 3DS as well, people were looking at that pushing systems through the year but if thats at the end too, Nintendo has a huge fucking problem on their gaming business for all of 2014.

oti

Banned
Shame. So next up are Donkey (this month) and Mario Kart (May). And then Smash at year's end. Big gaps to fill with release dates of announced and hopefully some announced titles. Where's that next Nintendo Direct? Nintendo really have to address that uncertainty about Wii U in 2014 (and beyond).

kewlmyc

Won't be getting a Wii U until then..... if that.

Smash and Bayo 2 don't seem worth buying a Wii U anymore....

LudwigB

Expected, but had hoped it would release much earlier. As long as they polished the game, then i cant complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom