• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 10: The Show - Official Thread

So ive been playing RTTS for a while with a starting pitcher, got my velocity of my FB up to 99. Yet my guy only throws ii low 90's, max ive seen is 93. Even when the bar for the pitch is full and my confidence is higher, i let the meter go all the way max, tap it, and then stop it right in the yellow and it flashes and still 90,91, or 89 mph FB with 99 velocity. What gives?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
bucknuticus said:
So ive been playing RTTS for a while with a starting pitcher, got my velocity of my FB up to 99. Yet my guy only throws ii low 90's, max ive seen is 93. Even when the bar for the pitch is full and my confidence is higher, i let the meter go all the way max, tap it, and then stop it right in the yellow and it flashes and still 90,91, or 89 mph FB with 99 velocity. What gives?

You have to improve the velocity of your other pitches around it... I know it sucks, but the more velocity on your other pitches, the harder you can throw.

msdstc said:
You have to improve the velocity of your other pitches around it... I know it sucks, but the more velocity on your other pitches, the harder you can throw.

Why would i want to up the velocity on my change up though? Right now i throw a 4SFB, change up, and curve ball.

Anarchistry

bucknuticus said:
Why would i want to up the velocity on my change up though? Right now i throw a 4SFB, change up, and curve ball.
When you increase velocity on a CH it decreases speed. Screwy, I know.

Also, does movement effect your fastball at all if it's just a 4 seamer?

Anarchistry said:
When you increase velocity on a CH it decreases speed. Screwy, I know.

Also, does movement effect your fastball at all if it's just a 4 seamer?

Ohhhh, wow, didnt know it would decrease it, ok Ive been keeping my CH in the 40s stats wise because I thought if i took it higher it gets faster, rendering it useless. I also have the same question on movement on 4fb.

Anarchistry

zero margin said:
I wanted to like this game but damn, behind the hard as hell hitting and the rubberband AI I don't know that I can enjoy it.
Really? I haven't noticed any rubber banding. I've had teams come back on me, but that happens in real life too. As far as hitting goes, it's something that you get better at over time. It doesn't just magically click and you get better at it. Just give it time

Doytch

zero margin said:
Happens a lot, and it's the same pitches they were getting out on moments earlier.
don't you think that makes sense? batter's adjust. if you keep going for strike outs with one pitch, they'll jump all over it.

BigAT

I had an interesting bug playing with my RttS outfielder this morning. I'm in the majors right now, but was injured and put on the 60-day disabled list. When I came back off the DL, I got optioned back down to AAA in order to make room for another player that was coming back to the major league roster.

That player was myself.

Yep. I even got a mail that said, "<MyPlayerName> is coming back off the DL and we have to move someone down to make room on the roster for him. Unfortunately, that player is you." I got demoted to make room for myself...

eznark

Banned
BigAT said:
I had an interesting bug playing with my RttS outfielder this morning. I'm in the majors right now, but was injured and put on the 60-day disabled list. When I came back off the DL, I got optioned back down to AAA in order to make room for another player that was coming back to the major league roster.

That player was myself.

Yep. I even got a mail that said, "<MyPlayerName> is coming back off the DL and we have to move someone down to make room on the roster for him. Unfortunately, that player is you." I got demoted to make room for myself...

you broke my brain

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So yeah MLB The Show..wooooo.

Only 4 baseball games today? Wtf is this shit? Also, give me my OT back!

Doytch

I just played a game, the following happened:

Ichiro hit a bomb off Wainwright that went over 400 ft. Nuts. WW needs to settle the hell down. Rebound week is needed for my fantasy team.

Doytch

Windu said:
wow, the Mariners really suck in this game. A new patch can't even help them.
I figured the roster update to move Snell into the bullpen would help but French is an even worse starter.

DeWayne Wise leading off........? Fffffffffu.

Doytch

I saw Tillman live his first game up and he looked horrible. His lines since haven't been good either. Bad start to his career.

"NL West games are fast bla bla bla." This game is slooooow, and Garland is annoying to watch.

Windu

ibjnk5.jpg

edit: lol did anyone see that McGehee HR? Hunter had robbed the HR but it fell out of his glove over the fence. :lol

Windu

Chipper Jones to announce he’s likely leaning to retirement after 2010.
Chipper Jones is meeting today with Braves manager Bobby Cox and general manager Frank Wren to discuss his future with the organization and plans to address the media afterward, likely to announce his retirement at the end of the 2010 season, a source close to Jones said Tuesday morning.

Indications are Jones is considering announcing that he’ll retire at the end of the season but will leave open a crack of possibility that he could change his mind if things improved.

Jones, 38, has been frustrated over his lack of production this season and continued injury problems. He is hitting only .228 with three home runs. Since winning the National League batting title by hitting .364 in 2008, his offensive numbers have tailed off considerably and he’s faced a steady stream of nagging injuries.

He missed seven of 11 games on the Braves recent road trip with a sore ring finger that has ailed him for several weeks.

Jones has talked openly this season about his willingness to surrender his third spot in the Braves order to rookie phenom Jason Heyward and lately has leant his support for backups Omar Infante and Brooks Conrad filling in at third base in his absence.
Damn this game's Retirement AI is fucked up. I just started playing my Franchise!

Doytch

I give Kay a bunch of shit, but the announcer for YES that was a pitcher (dunno who it is) is really good. Great breakdown of Halladay's style early on, and the commentary during the Ibandez AB was really great too. O'Neil (I think?) did a good job adding the batter's thoughts also.

CC too beesy eating cheese steak to cover first.

LJ11

Yeah, Leiter's pretty good, but he rambles on and on at times.

Love the bunt offense, Cleveland can't defend, lets bunt them to death.

As an option, what do you guys think of using the move to pitch in MLB The Show? Think of the Sorcery in the beginning when he was moving 1:1 with his character at the 54sec mark in the following video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDYqZCq3i7U&playnext_from=TL&videos=-i5vqp3awsY

Now imagine being able to pitching the correct arm slot of a major league pitcher. Of course it could get tiring but it would be cool for situational pitching i.e. payoff pitch. Or creating a pitcher in RTTS and having your own pitching style.

It would also be great to use it on a limited basis when throwing to bases from the outfield or a quick throw from the SS to 1stBase. When you listen to the presenter talking about his arm slot and how he throws, the trajectory changes.

Again as an option I think this would be a nice change of pace.

Trying to get the damn "hamilwho?" trophy. The easiest park for HRs is the new Yankee Stadium correct? And I seem to have the best luck with Miguel Cabrera and Thome.

:lol :lol :lol Reading when we invaded during E3 :lol :lol :lol

also the CPU comeback is fucking KILLING ME. I though I had a set of tweaks that eliminated it. Nope.

turnbuckle

Square Triangle said:
Trying to get the damn "hamilwho?" trophy. The easiest park for HRs is the new Yankee Stadium correct? And I seem to have the best luck with Miguel Cabrera and Thome.

I got the trophy using Pujols in Stomp Ground Field. 365ish feet to Centerfield :lol

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So I finally got used to the weird lag and glitches online. My one problem is the amount of exploits. The last person I just versed knew some way to pick me off automatically.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
So is the lag always there? It's really disappointing. The game was still playable, but it fucks with my timing in my offline franchise.

My first online game was intense, though. 20 inning game. Tied the game in the bottom of the 12th on a wild pitch strikeout. Then he got out of multiple jams where I had a guy on third or bases loaded. He even threw me out at the plate once to end the inning. Finally hit a walk-off to end it, but damn it was a struggle.

S1lent

So the baseball playoffs have me itching to play a baseball game. I was looking to buy this way back when it came out but I didn't have the time or money then. I'm assuming they have up to date rosters for this, right? Anything I should be aware of regarding franchise mode?

Top Bottom