• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 13: The Show - Fact Sheet of Awesome

eznark

Banned
Like where? At stores? I've got it pre-ordered at Amazon but I'm going to be gone all day Tuesday so I'd like to grab it while I am out so I can hit BraunBombs while taking a shit.

Like where? At stores? I've got it pre-ordered at Amazon but I'm going to be gone all day Tuesday so I'd like to grab it while I am out so I can hit BraunBombs while taking a shit.
Lemme scrounge up links... this post will be edited:

Amazon

Well this might be the reason you haven't seen bundles advertised much:

Sony announced that there will not be any cross platform play with MLB The Show unless you buy both games. The only bundle I have seen is on **competitor**, which will take an additional $20 off if you buy both games together.

- See more at: http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-...-be-available/td-p/56748#sthash.mT9ucXwj.dpuf
So you actually have to buy both games at the same time.

Mrbob

Unless I can find some detailed improvements for the Vita version by March 3rd (so I can get in on the amazon package deal) I'll probably just buy the PS3 version this year.

I felt a little burned by MLB 12 on Vita.

Since I didn't see it posted, for you Canadian dudes.

72385_549912885021974_1216804948_n.jpg

They had a vote on the Show Facebook page back in January of three different Bautista covers and this is the one that got picked.

I cannot find any info if other retailers are offering the $20 discount on both versions. Sony did it last season and now nothing this year? I have GS credit I want to use damn it!

I cannot find any info if other retailers are offering the $20 discount on both versions. Sony did it last season and now nothing this year? I have GS credit I want to use damn it!
It's not being advertised in-store, you have to physically buy both copies and they'll ring it up. Read my post above.

Takao

Banned

They had a vote on the Show Facebook page back in January of three different Bautista covers and this is the one that got picked.

At least the baseball stitching isn't coming out of his butt this year.

Joe Lee

Surprised they didn't try to put a pitch in for RA Dickey (pun not intended). If they voting was in January they could have photoshopped him into a Jays jersey.

Picked up the vita an ps3 versions. No MLB.tv or 42 vouchers in Canada.

Interesting tid bit.

I'm installing right now and the game actually suggests switch the tv to Game Mode for optimal performance (no lag).

FrankWza

Interesting tid bit.

I'm installing right now and the game actually suggests switch the tv to Game Mode for optimal performance (no lag).

thats pretty strange. hows the vita version. any frame skips from pitch to plate like last year? that was the killer on last years for me.

RS4-

Interesting tid bit.

Damn already out.

I kind of want the game, but I want simcity more lol. Then again, the online portion of MLB always concerns me.

rinse82

Interesting tid bit.

Are you in Toronto? Where did you get the game?

What's the MLB. Tv promo? Is it only when you buy a physical copy? This will be my first iteration of the series on Ps3/vita (have 12 on Vita).

StUnNeR H2K

I've been so close to buying a PS3 just for The Show since MLB2k is terrible... Was hoping they had a plan to replace the 2K series on XBOX this year, but....

thats pretty strange. hows the vita version. any frame skips from pitch to plate like last year? that was the killer on last years for me.

Vita version is a lot smoother than last year. Graphics have been given a slight bump too and the ball size has been shrunk down on the field of play to look more realistic.

Are you in Toronto? Where did you get the game?

Through a friend. If you're looking today I always suggest Flea Markets in Toronto. There are a couple on the west side of the city that are great for getting games early.

HoTHiTTeR

Through a friend. If you're looking today I always suggest Flea Markets in Toronto. There are a couple on the west side of the city that are great for getting games early.

This happened last year too - I was dying to get my hands on a copy and it just didn't exist on the West Coast. Meanwhile, TO folks were snatching up theirs from Mom and Pops left & right. The wait until Tuesday is killing me, but at least I got in on the only deal available; $20 off from Amazon.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is somebody making an OT for the game?

Hate everybody who has it early :(

Hopefully the Vita version is a lot better this year

HoTHiTTeR

Couldn't find it, Target clerks are braindead. My store has nothing.

I don't know where to look next.

Won't be in a big box store. Unless you live in a metropolitan city, you're SOL. If you do, find a game shop that's not a chain-based retailer - that'll be your only hope.

G-Fex

Won't be in a big box store. Unless you live in a metropolitan city, you're SOL. If you do, find a game shop that's not a chain-based retailer - that'll be your only hope.

I'm thinking the shitty gamestop nearby, where I got MVC3 early. But I don't know. It's worth a try. If anything I got to wait til wednesday.

Getting the Vita version. I really need a good pick up and play game on my Vita. This will be my first baseball game since the MLB The Show with David Ortiz on the cover.

Top Bottom