• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010 Thread of Beret-Wearing Hippies Can Get the Frappé Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiryu2015

- 20-0, holy shit.

- the yankees have already won the series with oakland so i'm not too worried about being down today. they'll probably strike once they get to the oakland bullpen....which should be their target since they should know that braden is on my fantasy team

- of all the natinals games to be blacked out, today is the one i am truly angered over.

McNei1y

hiryu2015 said:
- 20-0, holy shit.
- of all the natinals games to be blacked out, today is the one i am truly angered over.

Joel Hanrahan sucks :lol The Nats definitely swindled the Pirates in that trade.

This game is alright (Nats v Rockies). The make up of the nats lineup is rough. It's going to be a tough game getting runs. Livan is making some really nice pitches, aside from the Olivio homer.

my god, OBP Jesus needs to be reminded that in baseball you are supposed to hit the spherical object thrown at you with the cylindrical club they provide for you.

OBP Jesus will hit when we are no longer sinners.

This will be in about 2 weeks, when the weather is warm and the rust is gone in most/all batters.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh well, can't win em all. At least I can go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight :lol losing burns

xbhaskarx

hiryu2015 said:
- the yankees have already won the series with oakland so i'm not too worried about being down today. they'll probably strike once they get to the oakland bullpen....which should be their target since they should know that braden is on my fantasy team

Uhh... the A's bullpen is really good.

ToxicAdam said:
CC has a history of sucking out in Oakland. It's a weird anamoly.

He's from Vallejo and grew up an A's fan, so he's reminded of what a sellout he is for taking the big Yankee $s.

hiryu2015

McNei1y said:
This game is alright (Nats v Rockies). The make up of the nats lineup is rough. It's going to be a tough game getting runs. Livan is making some really nice pitches, aside from the Olivio homer.
I'm listening to the radio broadcast now--he's only thrown 61 through five. I should really get down to the park, I keep putting it off.

xbhaskarx said:
Uhh... the A's bullpen is really good.
I should know! I've got three A's starters on my fantasy team and they're handling a bulk of the productivity, giving me like 6 innings/start. Someone has to be closing it out.

Doytch

DevelopmentArrested said:
Bryce Harper's makeup via BP:
Klaw talked about that in the chat today. Said that it could be people being contrarians, or an overreaction. Besides, dude's 17. In another question, someone asked him if Harper re-enters the 2011 draft, whether he takes Rendon or Harper: he's still taking Rendon.

Sharp

This Livan Hernandez vs. Ubaldo Jimenez game is as good as advertised, the only two runs are off Livo on solo homers and only four hits have been allowed by each pitcher. Jimenez's pitch count is up, so hopefully they take him out of a game soon and give us a chance to score some runs.

Doytch

So is Livan gone in anyone's league yet? :lol

PS3 app video quality is =\

Is there some way to force higher quality cause it's really bad. It's only pulling 120kBps, so it's not like I'm bandwidth starved.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Doytch said:
So is Livan gone in anyone's league yet? :lol

PS3 app video quality is =\

Is there some way to force higher quality cause it's really bad.
Still looks good to me, not as good as PC though. I don't see any quality options though.

Probably going to stick to Boxee and the Browser though.

Doytch

DevelopmentArrested said:
ugh. Really? fuck that
Yeah...it's not good at all. Maybe comparable to the second lowest (middle) quality setting on PC. And it's not just the WAS/COL game, I went back into the archives and it's the same. Gonna be a shame if their auto-speed-sensing tech buries this.

Get'sMad

Trying out MLB.tv on my PS3 right now. Looks pretty f'n good to me. Not quite as good as when my MBP is hooked up to the tv, but I'm not complaining.

Windu

Doytch said:
Yeah...it's not good at all. Maybe comparable to the second lowest (middle) quality setting on PC. And it's not just the WAS/COL game, I went back into the archives and it's the same. Gonna be a shame if their auto-speed-sensing tech buries this.
Second lowest? Mine looks a lot better than that.

Doytch

Windu said:
Second lowest? Mine looks a lot better than that.
I dunno, there's a lot of macroblocking in my image. Close-ups obviously don't look that bad, but it's just a low-quality image.

It's nowhere near as good as satellite, and compared to non-NexDef feeds (I can't get any of the W7 workarounds to work), it's not as good as the best feed I can get in a browser, so I just said the middle quality.

Windu

Doytch said:
I dunno, there's a lot of macroblocking in my image. Close-ups obviously don't look that bad, but it's just a low-quality image.

It's nowhere near as good as satellite, and compared to non-NexDef feeds (I can't get any of the W7 workarounds to work), it's not as good as the best feed I can get in a browser, so I just said the middle quality.
Yeah I agree with you that its not as good as on the PC.

xbhaskarx

Dallas Braden on A-roid:

"It's a shame because that guy is a tremendous talent... and for him to not understand the baseball etiquette of running across that pitchers mound is right next to terrible and inexcusable. You know, I'm not a speck on his radar and that's fine, but he will know I was out there and he will know to not do that again, because there will be repercussions if that happens again."

2je1h5y.jpg

A-roid is gonna get fucked up.

Get'sMad

The main difference to me between streaming on my laptop to the TV and the PS3 is the color and the overall resolution doesn't seem quite as good on the PS3. It runs really smoothly though and I haven't noticed any hiccups yet. I've been connecting my laptop up to my big screen to watch a lot of MLB.tv games and this is a perfect solution-- I'll take the slightly lower quality in order to free up my laptop.

Sharp

This game is proof that without Zimmerman or Willingham in the lineup, the Nats offense blows. Normally I'd include Dunn in that assessment as well but he's been slumping hardcore. Yes, it was versus Ubaldo, but it would hardly be unreasonable for us to score two runs against him...

Doytch

Sharp said:
This game is proof that without Zimmerman or Willingham in the lineup, the Nats offense blows. Normally I'd include Dunn in that assessment as well but he's been slumping hardcore.
You'll always be in the game every fifth day, though. Whenever Livan is pitching, natch.

Windu

The last triple play by the Yankees before today involved Bobby Cox (3B). That was a looonnngg time ago.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Pirates :lol :lol :lol

And who cares if Harper is douchebag, everyday I pray that he falls to the Blue Jays pick but really I know that would never happen with the Royals and Mets in front of us.

R_GILL said:
Pirates :lol :lol :lol

And who cares if Harper is douchebag, everyday I pray that he falls to the Blue Jays pick but really I know that would never happen with the Royals and Mets in front of us.

You're joking right?

Yeah I'll use MLB.TV on the tv only because I'm using Windows 7 and they're too stupid to make it compatible with the HD feeds.

xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx said:
Dallas Braden on A-roid:

"It's a shame because that guy is a tremendous talent... and for him to not understand the baseball etiquette of running across that pitchers mound is right next to terrible and inexcusable. You know, I'm not a speck on his radar and that's fine, but he will know I was out there and he will know to not do that again, because there will be repercussions if that happens again."

2je1h5y.jpg

A-roid is gonna get fucked up.

A-roid on MLB Network:

“He just told me to get off his mound, I have never heard that, especially from someone with a handful of wins in his career.”

Windu

xbhaskarx said:
A-roid on MLB Network:

“He just told me to get off his mound, I have never heard that, especially from someone with a handful of wins in his career.”
:lol

When do the Yanks/A's play next? I hope there is a fight.

h3ro

xbhaskarx said:
A-roid on MLB Network:

2dlrmza.jpg

He will crush your team. Crush.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Escobar... come on. Moyer didn't throw a single strike in that AB.

E: that was one hell of a wide strikezone.

Jon

:lol Sarge, already into his antics. Lowe through a straight curveball, but Sarge correctly identified it as a cutter. Nothing fools him!

xbhaskarx

Windu said:
:lol

When do the Yanks/A's play next? I hope there is a fight.

Videos:

Braden
A-rod

Braden is probably half his size but he would kick A-rod's ass. If A-rod doesn't know who Braden is, perhaps he should read this.

With few male role models and some difficult emotions to deal with, Braden injured another boy badly in a fight, hospitalizing him. He remains deeply sorry for that.

"It was definitely my fault," Braden said. "It had nothing to do with my upbringing, but I had a lot of issues with anger. I didn't know how to channel it. It was just going to take one thing, and a guy said the wrong thing and I snapped."

Braden grew up in Stockton, which is one of the shittiest cities in the US, surrounded by drugs and gangs.
He slept in his truck so he could pitch at American River College in Sacramento.
This year he's pitching with permanent loss of feeling in half of his left foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom