• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Food Concession War |OT| - Atlanta Braves introduce The Burgerizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

le.phat

This is fucking disgusting, can't believe US food standards are so low, even your official teams are serving you garbage. How this shit is allowed in a country thats getting clogges up by obesity is beyond me.

Kaz42

Ah yeah my home state team doing me proud! Seriously though some of those look tasty and I might try one next time I go to a game.

daveo42

Banned
Why are they making bbq sauces infused with sodas and energy drinks? Sounds disgusting. Also, they seem to like ruining hot dogs with popcorn and nacho chips. Maybe make something that tastes good instead of some Frankenstein's monster meal. You can make food that's terrible for you, but at least make my heart attack appetizing.

EASULXA.jpg

"Me and John rocker gonna go to the game and grab some grub"

Holy shit that is amazing.

Why are they making bbq sauces infused with sodas and energy drinks? Sounds disgusting. Also, they seem to like ruining hot dogs with popcorn and nacho chips. Maybe make something that tastes good instead of some Frankenstein's monster meal. You can make food that's terrible for you, but at least make my heart attack appetizing.

I don't see why bbq sauce infused with soda would be bad, I mean we already have cake made with soda.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Some of those are not half bad. The po-boy, the chicken and waffle. Even the sausage sundae looking interesting. But the burgerpizza is awful.

pretty sure there's been a dr pepper bbq sauce at a chain restaurant at some point. famous dave's i think?

Bigfoot

You guys do realize that you can't get diabetes from indulging every now and then, right?. A perfectly healthy person isn't going to suddenly get diabetes even if he decided to down one of those burgers with 10 L of cola in a single evening.

RBH

You guys do realize that you can't get diabetes from indulging every now and then, right?. A perfectly healthy person isn't going to suddenly get diabetes even if he decided to down one of those burgers with 10 L of cola in a single evening.
.....I think we are all fully aware of that (except for the guy who didn't know that carbs are composed of sugars). The thread title isn't meant to be taken literally.

Kenstar

.....I think we are all fully aware of that (except for the guy who didn't know that carbs are composed of sugars). The thread title isn't meant to be taken literally.

ummmmm idk if u couldn't tell from the way in which I txt'd you but it was all jk soooooooooooooooooooo

Breads

Banned
Try hard shit.

Still mad about the Marietta Braves.

I have no idea what you're talking about but does this have to do with the Marietta Diner?

Because that place is the shit.

I always go several times in the middle of the night when I'm there.

Sesha

Get rid of the bacon and I'm on board with the Burgerizza. Everything after that until the fried tomatoes look like utter shit.

Sulik2

$26 for a 20 oz burger and two 8 inch pizzas doesn't sound that expensive actually compared to most ball park food costs.

SpaceHorror

I'd try the Burgerizza when I go to Braves games this year. If only to say I've tried that fucking thing.

But no way am I paying $26. Maybe I can get a friend to split one with me.

RBH

The Los Angeles Dodgers unveiled new concession food options for the 2016 season at Tuesday's blogger's luncheon. Six new items were introduced by the Jason Tingley, executive chef for Dodger Stadium, and sampled for review by some of TBLA's intrepid writers. The price points for all the addtions are still to be determined.

King's Hawaiian Dog

The newest "Extreme Loaded Dog" to join the menu is a King's Hawaiian Dog. The bun is King's Hawaiian bread (naturally) in which a quarter-pound all-beef is topped with a pineapple salsa.
DSC_0061__1_.0.jpg

Shock Top Bratwurst

The Think Blue BBQ will feature two new items, a Shock Top Bratwurst and a Smoked BBQ Wings Bundle. For the former the pork sausage is infused with Shock Top beer, grilled, topped with caramelized onions and brown mustard and served in a "grilled lobster roll".
Screen_Shot_2016-03-22_at_8.07.32_PM.0.png

Smoked BBQ Wings Bundle

The chicken wings are a package deal of 15 smoked (using hickory wood) wings with French fries, veggie sticks and two soft drinks.
DSC_0063.0.jpg

Gouda Kobe Burger

A "Gouda Kobe Burger" will grace the menu at the Elysian Park Grill locations throughout the stadium. This one-third pound American wagyu beef burger features smoked gouda, caramelized onions, pickles and thousand island dressing on a potato bun.
Screen_Shot_2016-03-22_at_8.09.59_PM.0.png

Chicken Verde Sandwich

The new "healthy choice" is a Chicken Verde Sandwich where a grilled chicken breast is served on telara bread with shredded lettuce, tomato slice, tomatillo verde sauce and jalapeño aioli, producing a fresh, clean-tasting sandwich, that satisfied without weighing the diner down.
DSC_0065.0.jpg

Specialty Nachos Verde

The final addition is "Specialty Nachos Verde", where tortilla chips are topped with tomatillo verde sauce, pickled jalapeños and cotija cheese, providing a lighter alternative to the gooey, orange nacho cheese usually ladled over chips. Simple, but tasty, and would probably go well with a Dodger Blue margarita.
Screen_Shot_2016-03-22_at_8.12.28_PM.0.png

http://www.truebluela.com/2016/3/22...2016-menu-items-for-concessions-around-dodger

RBH

1458767964-flamin-hot-cheetos-dog.jpg

Flamin' Hot Cheetos Dog -- $10.50

The newest hot dog from the Texas Rangers features Flamin' Hot Cheetos infused into the nacho cheese and then sprinkled on top. "The Cheetos-infused nacho cheese has this atomic-looking color to it," Rapp says. "It's not yellow, it's orange."

RBH

1458767945-wickedpic.jpg

Wicked Pig -- $27

"Stuff could fall off," says Rapp. That's how big this sandwich is. A Hawaiian roll is stacked with pulled pork, bacon, sausage, prosciutto and ham, then doused in barbecue sauce and topped with coleslaw and pork rinds. Customers get a fork and a knife, thank goodness. There's also a third bun in the middle for those who want to unstack it and tackle it as two sandwiches.

1458767981-chicken-donut-skewer.jpg

Chicken and doughnut skewer -- $12

Instead of going for a chicken and waffles dish, executive chef Cris Vazquez dreamt up a chicken and doughnut skewer drizzled with buffalo honey sauce. The 12-inch skewer might eventually get supersized into a 24-inch option, but the engineering wasn't quite there yet. "You can't just put it on a lightweight stick," Rapp explains. They're still hunting for the right way to serve 2 feet of hefty fried chicken.

1458767996-Vegan-stuff--nachos,-wrap,-burger.jpg

Vegan cart: vegan hot dogs, meatless nachos, black bean burgers and more

A cart dedicated to meat-free and healthier items will be available in section 16, on the third base side. The concessions team sampled about 50 vegan items, Rapp guesses, to pick items that were right for ballpark fans. The cart will sell a vegan hot dog, black bean burger, vegan jerky, vegan nachos, vegan spinach wrap, hummus and organic beer.

1458768040-shake-it-up-salad.jpg

Shake it up salad -- $9

Also available on the vegan cart: a portable salad, designed to be shaken so the dressing coats the vegetables as fans walk to their seats. It's not the Texas Rangers' first salad, Rapp points out. But it's the first one that focuses on how people might want to eat one: with one hand, and quickly.

Globe Life Park will also debut other new concession items such as smoked brisket fries in the Captain Morgan Club and pretzels with beer cheese in sections 11, 18, 30 and 327. Ballpark attendees with suite tickets will also see new menu items such as rocky road bread pudding and a three-platter raw bar.
http://www.guidelive.com/food-and-d...ons-chicken-doughnut-wicked-pig-sandwich-2016

ruxtpin

Banned
I think I'd vomit trying to eat any of that stuff in the OP. Except for maybe that last thing, the tiny little wrap or whatever it was.

But I see someone already posted the H&F burger. If you end up going to Turner Field, get the H&F burger. Skip the other shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom