• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheeler, Lugo, Gsellman to duke it out for the 5th spot in the rotation. Lugo and Gsellman were great last month covering for the injuries.

Who's the favorite to win the World Series?

ebf59cf500cf937e4fa5f72247a00b64

Maybe this year Doyers can surprise me by trading Puig for a pitcher.

Once again our rotation sucks. Giants starting rotation looks better

Dre3001

So does anyone here have experience with MLB. tv after cutting the cord on cable?

I only have internet and separate subscriptions to HBO, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

I want to watch Rays games this season but the MLB website states that I would not be able to view live games of any local (in-market) team or any live nationally broadcast games in the U.S. I currently live in the Rays market so would this mean if I purchased MLB tv I would not be able to follow that team?

cashman

Banned
Colby Lewis officially announces he's not coming back to the Rangers. Sad day, he was awesome here despite his longball tendencies.

Beckx

So does anyone here have experience with MLB. tv after cutting the cord on cable?

I want to watch Rays games this season but the MLB website states that I would not be able to view live games of any local (in-market) team or any live nationally broadcast games in the U.S. I currently live in the Rays market so would this mean if I purchased MLB tv I would not be able to follow that team?

correct

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: MRI showed that #STLCards’ Alex Reyes likely will need Tommy John surgery. Will seek second opinion.

BigAT

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: MRI showed that #STLCards’ Alex Reyes likely will need Tommy John surgery. Will seek second opinion.

How many ligaments did Reyes' tear before BFIB shed his Maddon avatar? I think we know the cause.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

I live in Giants turf and watch giants games. But I have to pay for a VPN to make it look like Im not here. Works with PCs/most streaming devices. Doesnt work with ios/android devices though since it uses GPS.

I live in Giants turf and watch giants games. But I have to pay for a VPN to make it look like Im not here. Works with PCs/most streaming devices. Doesnt work with ios/android devices though since it uses GPS.
Wasn't MLB releasing some sort of blackout-free plan? What happened to it for this year?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Wasn't MLB releasing some sort of blackout-free plan? What happened to it for this year?

To my knowledge you need to be a cable sub still and login to an account to verify. So I guess that could work if you have like parents/family cable login. But its not out yet...so shrug.

zulux21

Possibly. I honestly have not looked too much into it since I usually just put it on my computer and chromecast to a tv.

fair enough.

I am fortunate enough to live outside the range of my team.
that being said... please t-mobile be awesome again... as I really don't want to pay to see my team lose lol.

jman2050

I wonder sometimes how many potential amazing pitchers we lost to exploded elbows through baseball's history before Tommy John surgery became a thing.

zulux21

I wonder sometimes how many potential amazing pitchers we lost to exploded elbows through baseball's history before Tommy John surgery became a thing.

we have still lost a ton even after because it's not 100% successful.

more so I am kind of surprised tommy john isn't in the HOF o_O
he is one of those guys I always assumed was lol.

The long LA blackout war has entered it's fourth year.

For the fourth consecutive year, the Dodgers’ television broadcasts could go unseen by a majority of fans in the Los Angeles area.

Charter Communications said Monday it does not anticipate reaching agreements with DirecTV or any other cable or satellite provider to carry the Dodgers-owned SportsNet LA channel by the time the regular season starts April 3.

Charter is the only major pay-TV provider that airs SportsNet LA in Southern California.

“At this point we don’t expect any other distributors to carry SNLA by opening day,” Charter said in a statement.

The Dodgers aired six games on Channel 56 at the end of the 2014 season, the first year of SportsNet LA, and six games on Channel 5 at the end of last season, so fans could see the final broadcasts in the 67-year career of iconic announcer Vin Scully.

That gave some fans the hope that, if the stalemate extended into this season, Charter might sell the rights to a small number of Dodgers games to an over-the-air station.

However, there are no current plans to air any games on free television, according to a person familiar with the situation but not authorized to discuss it publicly.

Also, although DirecTV and other carriers were offered a one-year discount last year as an incentive to carry SportsNet LA in Scully’s final season, there are no plans to offer a similar discount this season.

It should be noted that the Dodgers are one of two holdouts in regards to in-market streaming with a cable sub, alongside MASN with the O's and Nats.

gamz

Ryan Cox
‏@CoxRyan89

@CubsDen Eddie Butler said Bosio told him to go back to his old windup. He found his movement on his pitches today in a bullpen...

Bos did the same with Jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom