• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rafael Devers hit a game-tying HR in the 9th off a 102.8 mph Aroldis Chapman FB. Fastest pitch hit for HR in pitch-tracking era (since '08)" - @_dadler

Man listening to a radio broadcast from Dodger stadium is rough. Just non-stop noise between every pitch, constant yelling telling people to cheer, fake chant starting. My goodness, the days of Nancy Bea and just watching the game are looong gone. /oldmanrant

When the Braves were in town, Chip Caray and Joe Simpson said they could barely hear their program director in their headset because their public address system is so loud.

It is pretty damn loud. Even in person the music and pa was too damn loud

yeah I fucking hate it

its awful

a couple weeks ago when the twins had their double switch snafu and it took the umpires like 20 minutes to figure out they were blasting the most obnoxious music the entire time

I pointed this out about a certain other stadium a while back:

Can't respect a ballpark that plays "Day-o" and "Charge!"
It's hardly one step above the "Everybody clap your hands" joke.

I have more respect for the Marlins' atrocity behind the outfield wall than that stuff.
Those things are literally admitting that the people in the ballpark don't actually care enough to pay attention to what's going on to figure things out for themselves, or otherwise need to be interacted with to keep them awake.

It's an absolute joke.

Toth

Seriously fuck the Yankees. What a god damn embarrassment.

Red Sox are showing what a true winner is and what a pretender is.

Toth

The Yankees now have 20 blown saves this year, 2 less than the Mariners. What a wasted opportunity this season could have been. 5 of those were Clippard's.

Caja 117

The Yankees now have 20 blown saves this year, 2 less than the Mariners. What a wasted opportunity this season could have been. 5 of those were Clippard's.
This is the worst part is that having the lead with a supposed excellent bullpen., yet having so many blown saves.

Btw, Judge fall from grace have been hard, Any chance ROY end up to Benitendi if things keeps going like they are?

Tall4Life

This is the worst part is that having the lead with a supposed excellent bullpen., yet having so many blown saves.

Btw, Judge fall from grace have been hard, Any chance ROY end up to Benitendi if things keeps going like they are?

Judge has really just been exploited by pitchers going high on him. If he rebounds even just a little it's a lock. Even then, he might still get it just because of his insane stats this season.

Toth

So worst loss of the year? This pretty much seals the deal that the Yankees are not good enough to win the east or even pretend. Once again, scoring chances in the 8th and 9th wasted. Seriously again, I hate to curse but fuck this team.

Oh and Judge is exactly what he was projected to be. Just another smoke show.

edit: I look forward to radio tomorrow to hear this team finally being torn apart like they should have done weeks ago.

Tall4Life

So worst loss of the year? This pretty much seals the deal that the Yankees are not good enough to win the east or even pretend. Once again, scoring chances in the 8th and 9th wasted. Seriously again, I hate to curse but fuck this team.

lol, chill out

Again, pitchers are now adjusting to him. We need to see if he can adjust.

Doogdogg

People needs to chill out over freaking out on Judge. I would love to have him as the Sox DH/RF even if he hits .260 and blast 30-40 bombs. He'll get a fair share of walks like he is during this slump.

edit: I look forward to radio tomorrow to hear this team finally being torn apart like they should have done weeks ago.

Fucking hell, I'm getting the worst NYYFans flashbacks right now.

Everyone's a fraud/embarrassment/sham/etc.

Caja 117

Judge has really just been exploited by pitchers going high on him. If he rebounds even just a little it's a lock. Even then, he might still get it just because of his insane stats this season.
Yeah, thing is Benitendi quietly is putting good number as well.

the problem with Judge is that he doesnt have good protection and pitchers preffer to just give up the walk than to get beat by him. altpugh there was a batter breakfown a couple of night ago in mlb tonight tshowing how Judge is falling into some bad habits with his mechanics and compared on how Stanton adjusted his mechanics to find success , still I think all of this this is a product of getting frustrated on how pitchers have adjusted acordingly and pitching around him most of the time. Hopefully he figures this out.

you should feel pretty happy that they're probably going to make the playoffs in a season where they weren't supposed to

This is true as well, Starting Rotation have exceded expectation which was the big question mark this season.

If anything, all the injuries have hurt this team the most than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom