• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
If Maitan is declared a FA, does he have to give back his signing bonus? And is he considered apart of the '17 IFA class?

Yankees do have some extra IFA money from the Gray trade...

I thought y'all were saving that for Ohtani.

That would suck for him to have to give back the signing bonus, did the red sox players have to?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
My fandom has been on thin ice for awhile. The shady stadium stuff (including on the MiLB side), the racist branding that they won't move away from, the old boys' club at the top that seems oddly forgiving of domestic violence (Olivera aside) and other awful behaviour (Rocker), evidence of ongoing poor managerial process.... It's a lot to push through.

3N16MA

Banned
I guess... I don't want to be a fan anymore. That organization continues to be everything I dislike. I still like some of the players but I really, really don't want to keep rooting for the Braves.

Stay within the division.

I hear the Mets are seeking fans.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I guess... I don't want to be a fan anymore. That organization continues to be everything I dislike. I still like some of the players but I really, really don't want to keep rooting for the Braves.

All you got to say is Posey is better and your welcomed to our club!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
UJL3jfl.gif

UJL3jfl.gif

UJL3jfl.gif

UJL3jfl.gif

UJL3jfl.gif

RBH

Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal

BREAKING: #Braves GM John Coppolella expected to resign today, sources tell The Athletic.

Jeff Passan
Sources: Major League Baseball has been investigating Braves GM John Coppolella in recent weeks. @Ken_Rosenthal says he plans on resigning.
tumblr_n3cea4eh9b1sx4jfio1_400.gif

What in the fuck

My fandom has been on thin ice for awhile. The shady stadium stuff (including on the MiLB side), the racist branding that they won't move away from, the old boys' club at the top that seems oddly forgiving of domestic violence (Olivera aside) and other awful behaviour (Rocker), evidence of ongoing poor managerial process.... It's a lot to push through.

I hear you guys are looking for a new team? I can counsel you on what team would suit you best.

Line_HTX

How fucking low and petty do you have to be to have your anger boiled over in the draft room, what the fuck...

And gawd dayyum the blatent disregard of tampering, holy shit...

Lunar FC

My Rockies wild card lineup prediction:

Blackmon CF
LeMahieu 2B
Arenado 3B
Gonzáles RF
Reynolds 1B
Story SS
Desmond LF
Lucroy C
Gray P

Parra DH

So nervous. 😣

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Unless someone made a thread, I made an offseason thread. Give me a witty title for the losers of this league.

Windu

In March, ESPN the Magazine featured a 14-year-old shortstop named Robert Puason in an article detailing the difficulties ethnic Haitians in the Dominican Republic face trying to produce the documentation necessary to sign with major-league clubs. The article, describing Puason as 6-foot-3 and wiry, said his buscon, or trainer, believed that he already was showing the size and skills that Minnesota Twins slugger Miguel Sano demonstrated at 16.

Puason is ineligible to sign with a major-league team until he turns 16 on July 2, 2019, but the Atlanta Braves allegedly reached a verbal agreement with him, according to sources with knowledge of baseball’s investigation into the club. The deal is one of several possible violations by the Braves in baseball’s latest scandal over the signings of international amateurs, which led to the resignations of Braves general manager John Coppolella and special assistant to the GM Gordon Blakeley on Monday.
the rest is under paywall.

https://theathletic.com/116743/2017...aves-in-latest-international-signing-scandal/

Mumei

Hi, MLB-GAF. I was wondering if any of you could recommend me a good book on the history of the sport—I was thinking something akin to what Inverting the Triangle does for soccer/football, if anyone has read that.

I don't know why, but I've recently had an itch to learn that needed scratching.

Windu

Hi, MLB-GAF. I was wondering if any of you could recommend me a good book on the history of the sport—I was thinking something akin to what Inverting the Triangle does for soccer/football, if anyone has read that.

I don't know why, but I've recently had an itch to learn that needed scratching.
Just watch Ken Burns Baseball.

BFIB

As Windu says, Ken Burns Baseball for sure.

Now I need to watch it again.......

Beckx

So today Shohei Ohtani had what is likely his last NPB start for a long time. He also batted clean up (something that has not happened in the Pacific League (which has the DH) in a long, long time).

Complete game shutout, 2h allowed, 10K, hit 162 kmh on the gun. Also had a hard hit single that nearly killed Buff's ace Kaneko.

Highlights here: http://tv.pacificleague.jp/vod/pc/topics/TFP/23815 (filthy, filthy slider)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Or a Phillies fan...

...do we have any?

"I'm here to tell you about our Lord and Savior, Rhys Hoskins"

They started to disappear after the 2010 and 2011 postseasons.

In any case, this thread needs to die now - playoff thread is up, someone can get an offseason thread going as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom