• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2019 |OT| Eat, Sleep, Baseball (Postseason not included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've hit one home run as a team so far through six games. I know it's a long season and I definitely know all about road vs home splits for Rockies players and power numbers specifically but damn.

I mean chicks dig the long ball, so chicks aren't digging us very much right now

I think we've hit one home run as a team so far through six games. I know it's a long season and I definitely know all about road vs home splits for Rockies players and power numbers specifically but damn.

I mean chicks dig the long ball, so chicks aren't digging us very much right now
Don't worry dude.

Many of last years good teams are under .500

It's a long season.

That's one of the many great things about baseball. There's a long time to right the ship. Just can't wait too long.
Lets us never forget, the Mets started 12-2 last year... and how many teams have advanced in the playoffs as wild card teams.

Welcome to the game of heartbreak, falling in love, and then more heartbreak.

We just love a good spanking us baseball fans.

Baseball is the original Dark Souls

Johannn

Neo Member
That’s Baseball lol

The game of ups and downs
This. You can also see it when looking at the MLB baseball betting odds. Usually in most sports there is a clear favorite every now and then but in baseball the odds are relatively even because every team can win against each other team. Nevertheless my heart beats for the Houston Astros.

Lets us never forget, the Mets started 12-2 last year... and how many teams have advanced in the playoffs as wild card teams.

Welcome to the game of heartbreak, falling in love, and then more heartbreak.

We just love a good spanking us baseball fans.

Baseball is the original Dark Souls

Dark Souls and baseball. Two of the all-time great experiences in life. I guess I'm just a masochist at heart. :p

By the way thanks for starting the fantasy league and thanks to everyone for joining in. I used to LOVE fantasy sports but I went kind of dormant on that front for years, but this league has rekindled my passion for it. I have a couple more drafts coming up this weekend now. I always have mlb.tv up with games featuring my guys. It's fun. Even when they all start 0 for 1........

I'll probably get back into Fantasy Football next season too

He is a stud. Once I missed out on the Mets starters I made I got him in this league. Pissed that I didn't get him in my money league this year (had him as a FA pickup last year); got sniped two picks before where I was about to take him.

trumpwrong.gif

giphy.gif

And this one too while we're at it.

giphy.gif

Eh, people always said things like this about A-Rod too. Maybe somewhat valid, I don't know. But let's be clear: You are not an objective messenger for a lot of this lol.

Nah a lumberjack cranking dingers is way better than a big fat guy who ran into one once.

Nat's teeing off on Nola.

How bad (or normal :messenger_beaming:) are things in Nats land bullpen?

Rosenthal has pitched in 3 games so far. Has allowed 7 runs. Hasn’t recorded an out yet...

I rather get fucked in the butt with a pine cone. But apparently it’s not an option. Or no one has given that option yet.

Holy Cow

Hard Balls gets 15 IP, 1 win, 20 Ks, 0.60 ERA and 0.47 WHIP from his two starters today. That's about as good as it gets

I do like my staff and team in general so far. But...long season. And you didn't include deGrom's start. :p

Edit, here was the line for all 3 today:

FIU9cVe.png

Last edited:
I’ve watched more non-Rockies, non-playoff baseball since Thursday than I did all last years. I’ve caught at least chunks of every game not blacked out on mlb.tv

I have problems

I’ve watched more non-Rockies, non-playoff baseball since Thursday than I did all last years. I’ve caught at least chunks of every game not blacked out on mlb.tv

I have problems

My problem is there isnt enough baseball. I hate having to wait all day for a game to start.

What's with the throwing errors over the past week? I don't think I've ever seen so many across the majors. It's an epidemic.

Anytime I open at bat I see No Hitter above the score in the Jays game. Dear Lord next time you feel bad about your team not getting runs at least you aren't sitting through 2/3rds of a game without watching your team record a hit.

4 times this season.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
DeepEnigma DeepEnigma lol your pitchers suck.

lol my hitters suck.

Yeah they do, my pitchers are scrubs so far. Snell bounced back, picked up Brasier because he should be solid, still waiting on Kershaw and Hill to come back from the DL. Only the first week so not going to make sudden desperate moves.

My hit production is the only thing keeping me knotted with you, lol.

Last edited:
Man I am watching a stream of opening day down at Coors and LoDo is BUZZING. Growing up in San Diego I never saw this kind of excitement for sports teams, its neat

It's like a little mini-Mardi Gras down there

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Red Sox need to get their (starting) pitching on right. DaFuq boys! And of course their bats go silent when Sale bounces back, lol.

Last edited:
It’s april. It matters and it don’t. Of course you want to get all the wins you can.

But I actually expect this. Moving forward and so many big players getting extensions will probably make for more competitive early April’s. Since there will be less mystery during the off-season on where people will be. More focus from them going into February.

Catphish

The White Sox currently have a better record than the Cubs, and look like they'll improve on that with their early jump on Seattle right now.

I don't know how long this'll last, but I'll take it. 😀

Local radio guy already lowered his season prediction from 93 wins to 83 wins based off the first week.

I mean, I tend to jump to conclusions myself, but even to me that seems a little premature.

I am not saying I agreed with 93 wins, I am just saying lowering your expectation by 10 wins based off the first 7 games seems a little harsh.

Mannnn FUCK Cody Bellinger....

ughhh we gettin shelled now

Edit

Trevor Story, bases loaded, here we go boys!

*doesn't swing the fuckin bat*

edit

Pitcher hitting doubles on us now. We've reached that stage

edit

fuck man I'm worst fantasy baseball manager of all time...ALL TIME

giphy.gif

opposite of this

Last edited:
If I see Bryce Harper yell "Let's Go! C'mon!" one more time I am gonna hurl

Is there a more cliche athletic emote? There's gotta be a cooler thing these dudes can start screaming than LETS GO

If I see Bryce Harper yell "Let's Go! C'mon!" one more time I am gonna hurl

Is there a more cliche athletic emote? There's gotta be a cooler thing these dudes can start screaming than LETS GO
He says generic stuff. Lot of them probably do but camera is on him more.

I think I’m just traumatized from when Tim Tebow was the Broncos QB. All he ever said was “Let’s Go!” after every play even if he just took a 16 yard sack

I think I want to get into baseball this year. Who can I bandwagon? We don't have a team in NC and I"m tired of being disappointed by the Panthers and Hornets, so I need to watch a team that is going to make the playoffs. Major plus if they are money ballin'.

I think I want to get into baseball this year. Who can I bandwagon? We don't have a team in NC and I"m tired of being disappointed by the Panthers and Hornets, so I need to watch a team that is going to make the playoffs. Major plus if they are money ballin'.

Phillies are gonna score a lot of runs this year. Especially at home.

I’m bandwagoning on them slightly

Be a Nationals fan. We are the best

prag16

Banned
God hates the Nationals
Nationals are the prescription to an early grave
Like I said. This team is the prescription for an early grave
Hope. I don't know this word in Nats land lol
Its normal Nats season. Its always raining.
How bad (or normal :messenger_beaming:) are things in Nats land bullpen?

Rosenthal has pitched in 3 games so far. Has allowed 7 runs. Hasn’t recorded an out yet...

I rather get fucked in the butt with a pine cone. But apparently it’s not an option. Or no one has given that option yet.
You make a compelling argument.
Trolol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom