• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2019 |OT| Eat, Sleep, Baseball (Postseason not included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

prag16

Banned
Barely beat Prag. I gambled by picking up Mahle and Giolito to start yesterday. Needed K's to win since my offense has been awful. Got lucky with them and Ryu flirting with a no no
Asleep at the wheel; should have made some moves at pitcher to try to get some of those counting stats in my favor.

TrainedRage

Banned
Went to the Twins game today, got to go for work. Can't imagine something better than getting payed to watch baseball. Twins just beat LA 8-7. Sad that I didn't get to see my boy Cruz but Buxton went long so that also helped the fantasy team (y)

Was such a beautiful day to go to a game. I forgot ho much fun it was just to chill at the stadium b4 the game starts. Also Target Field is the shit, so fun.

Oh and I just got The Show 19, what mode do you all play?

Last edited:
Went to the Twins game today, got to go for work. Can't imagine something better than getting payed to watch baseball. Twins just beat LA 8-7. Sad that I didn't get to see my boy Cruz but Buxton went long so that also helped the fantasy team (y)

Was such a beautiful day to go to a game. I forgot ho much fun it was just to chill at the stadium b4 the game starts. Also Target Field is the shit, so fun.

RttS and diamond dynasty

I caught a game there a few years ago, great ball park!

I'm torn today because I need Lester to throw a perfect game (no biggie) but I also always root for Strasburg (same hometown, same college)

Edit

Man, Austin Meadows has fast hands. So glad I have him in another league

Last edited:
Oh shit. Alvarado, who imploded last night and was nuked by the Yanks in the 9th, is out there again to try and close it out against the heart of Yanks order.

Fuck I am scared

edit

and leadoff single for Voit

Fuck don't blow up again

Edit 2

There we go Alvy, never had a doubt!

(changes my shorts)

Last edited:
Sorry for triple post but:

MLB.TV is running a limited time half-off sale for their year subscription. 60 bucks for every team, whole seasons instead of 110 or whatever it usually is.

Great deal. Lasts until the 21st

Get the At Bat app for your phone if you subscribe

MC Safety

The New York Post suggests the New York Mess are close to firing Mickey Callaway.

Bonus sadness: Run, Robinson, run.

Article suggests coaches knew about scoreboard and "kept trying to offer reminders to players about the number of outs."

My fantasy team was god awful this week and my hitting is straight garbage. Losing Andujar and not having Stanton has been a big problem. I was counting on those two for some HRs and RBIs. The rest of my line up really can't do much in that department. Thank god I got lucky with pitching because my team would be at the bottom of the standings if I didn't have that going.

And with that RBI sac fly from Dozier a loss is official for me. Damn. My pitching exploded this week and lineup was average.

I could use some fantasy advice

In a public league I joined I have to choose between dropping either Shohei Ohtani or Carlos Santana for either an outfielder (probably Franmil Reyes) or another SP (Woodruff or Darvish).

The issue is my lineup is stacked at 1B and 3B. Gallo, Bellinger, Jose Aubreu, and Luke Voit for 1B and for 3B I have Bregman and Donaldson.

I dropped Jeff McNeill for Ohtani because “oh a shiny new toy” but it left with me only 4 eligible outfielders and two are Pham and Meadows. So on two days this week I’m gonna have outfield spots open with two infielders on my bench no matter what I do, basically.

F. Reyes isn’t that big a step up down (assuming he keeps the power pace) from either Ohtani or Santana but it just hurts me dropping either an 82 percent owned player or a 67 (and climbing) owned player for a 58 percent owned player (last time I checked). Just kinda irks me knowing some dude is gonna pick up either thinking “hah that idiot dropped a good player” even though I kind of have to, unless I just stubbornly hold them all and play matchups rest of way

That being said it’s a case of luxory vs need. What would you do? Keep both, or drop Shohei vs drop Santana?

What is a safe expectation for Shohei this season?

greyshark

My team sux dix

(Goes both for the Mets, and my fantasy team.)

Your fantasy team is the one I'm scared of the most.

That being said it’s a case of luxory vs need. What would you do? Keep both, or drop Shohei vs drop Santana?

What is a safe expectation for Shohei this season?

Any time I bring out my crystal ball on a borderline player's future prospects I'm pretty much guaranteed to be wrong. I try not to get too caught up in percentage ownership either - I generally pick who I believe in and stick with them. That way I don't get too caught up when they hit a rough patch and then drop them right before they get hot.

Is your other league rotisserie or head-to-head? I definitely wouldn't care about off-days if it's a rotisserie league, and frankly I'm not sure I care that much more about head-to-head either.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
I don't care about the Mets, but seeing every one of your posts in this thread making repeated references to 'The Mess' has gotten old to me.
Bingo. It's the kind of thing that's funny/clever MAYBE one time.

Last edited:
As soon as the Nationals bullpen comes in (unless Doo)

xiBdZRb.jpg

This fucking team

What's green, slimy and smells like bacon?

Kermit's finger

Anyway Mark Melancon has done a really good job of rebuilding his stock. He's keeping the ball down and getting lots of grounders which is what they signed him to do. Might be hard to move him because of his contract but if the Giants eat most of it they could get a good return for him at the deadline. The whole Giants bullpen is going to make great trade bait. Realistically I think this team could be contending again in 2021 if they get some good AA/AAA prospects when they start dealing at the deadline.

prag16

Banned
Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese Maybe God really does hate the Nationals as you say.

This bullshit happens:
squeezedqfk0y.png

Talk about getting squeezed.... but it actually HELPED the Mets because the Nats immediately hit into a double play after that, leaving Soto stranded at 3rd after being there with nobody out. Not bad.

This bullshit happens:
squeezedqfk0y.png

Talk about getting squeezed.... but it actually HELPED the Mets because the Nats immediately hit into a double play after that, leaving Soto stranded at 3rd after being there with nobody out. Not bad.
God twists the knife into my Nationals

This bullshit happens:
squeezedqfk0y.png

Jesus christ who was calling this mess? Angel Hernandez? Joe West? Laz Diaz?

Kepler could break out at some point but I got tired of waiting on him for consistency. Plus I got Rosario so I don't need another Twin OF.

Jays are calling up Cavan Biggio. Bichette can't be too far behind. Games at the Skydome might be entertaining towards the end of summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom