• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2019 |OT| Eat, Sleep, Baseball (Postseason not included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainedRage

Banned
I got a baseball question....

Lets say the pitcher is having a great inning, then the SS makes an error on a grounder and the batter makes it to first because of this.
Then the next batter hits a homerun.
Does the pitcher get charged (ERA) for that runner that made base on a fielding error?

I got a baseball question....

Lets say the pitcher is having a great inning, then the SS makes an error on a grounder and the batter makes it to first because of this.
Then the next batter hits a homerun.
Does the pitcher get charged (ERA) for that runner that made base on a fielding error?
No. Just the home run

In a box you will see runs and earned runs

So that would be 2 runs but 1 earned run

lil puff

I really hope the Mets can use the insurance clause on Cespdes.

This guy just twists the knife in further.

How the fuck do you just break an ankle while healing from a injury?

Man, my Twins are straight fire so far. I hope they keep it up. The heartbreak could only be worse if they collapse from here.

It's not fools gold, but in baseball, it's a long season and you never know.

I just fucked up in our league and I am pissed at myself

wow

So I just dropped Andrew McCutchen instead of Adam Jones on accident. Feels bad man. I know even makes you confirm but I was clicking through quickly absent-mindedly Literally said "oh no" as I was clicking down and saw the picture, realizing my mistake, and it was too late

Bummer

One of my favorite players, haven't sat him all year.

A similar thing happened in a public league I am in, dropped Mike Minor instead of Marco Gonzalez on accident. You would think I would learn my lesson.

Bummed out. I love Cutch

I just fucked up in our league and I am pissed at myself

wow

So I just dropped Andrew McCutchen instead of Adam Jones on accident. Feels bad man. I know even makes you confirm but I was clicking through quickly absent-mindedly Literally said "oh no" as I was clicking down and saw the picture, realizing my mistake, and it was too late

Bummer

One of my favorite players, haven't sat him all year.

A similar thing happened in a public league I am in, dropped Mike Minor instead of Marco Gonzalez on accident. You would think I would learn my lesson.

Bummed out. I love Cutch
You can’t just pick him back up?

I will be forever thankful and tell tales of everyone's immeasurable generosity and kindness of ya'll let me pick him back up. If i had money I would try to pay everyone off, but all I can do is beg.

MC Safety

I'll always remember the error, but more importantly the grace and dignity by which Bill Buckner handled it. He deserved better than being a punchline, and certainly more than dementia from life.

My friend, Jeff, is a sportswriter. He brought up the very real point Buckner shouldn't have been playing first because he was very near to hobbled. The Red Sox' manager had a defensive replacement ready, but wanted Buckner to have his World Series moment.

Random question:

Yesterday, Alex Colome pitched the 9th of a game that was previously suspended the day before and got the win. He then pitched again in the regularly scheduled game and got the save. Yahoo has the save from yesterday but not the W for the game that was started the day prior but finished yesterday.

Is this like a glitch? Will it be retro-added? I have him in one league, and go against him in our league

Thanks for any insight

Random question:

Yesterday, Alex Colome pitched the 9th of a game that was previously suspended the day before and got the win. He then pitched again in the regularly scheduled game and got the save. Yahoo has the save from yesterday but not the W for the game that was started the day prior but finished yesterday.

Is this like a glitch? Will it be retro-added? I have him in one league, and go against him in our league

Thanks for any insight
No idea. Keep an eye out over the next several days.

I'm watching the Giants struggle to beat the Marlins. How the mighty have fallen. I have no idea why I still watch this team, I could be watching good baseball be played around the league.

prag16

Banned
I went to bed, the Mets were up 8-3 on the Dodgers. I wake up, and see they lost 9-8.

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

Last edited:
So my team has been destroyed by the injury bug this year (I mean most of us have injuries) but I submit my case for the most woeful of the bunch. Out of my first 8 picks, 4 have spent significant time on the DL. Stanton hasn't played since March, Andujar was gone for a month, came back for a week and is now done for the season, Gennett hasn't played (my fault for picking him, he got injured in ST the day before the draft and I wasn't paying attention) and now Carlos Correa is out from a fractured rib during a massage
or what is more commonly known as rough, kinky sex
and hell my next pick Dee Gordon has been off and on the DL for the past couple of weeks. Has anyone else has as many high draft picks spend as much time on the DL as my team?

tl;dr feel bad for me

prag16

Banned
My fantasy team is on life support. So many injuries. So many random days with a team batting average under .100. This past week's matchup ebbed and flowed all week, but of course it ended up at it's worst point for me. Still a lot of season left though (just like for the Mets).

My fantasy team is on life support. So many injuries. So many random days with a team batting average under .100. This past week's matchup ebbed and flowed all week, but of course it ended up at it's worst point for me. Still a lot of season left though (just like for the Mets).

That's been my offense all season. Luckily my pitching has stayed healthy but I've had to constantly add/drop free agents to try to get something out of my offense. There's been a severe lack of power and batting average, which of course affects every other offensive category.

Congrats to Bruce Bochy on 1000 career wins with the Giants, only the second manager in franchise history to hit the thousands. Sitting at 1951 career wins, would be awesome if the Giants could miraculously get him to 2000 in his last season

greyshark

That's been my offense all season. Luckily my pitching has stayed healthy but I've had to constantly add/drop free agents to try to get something out of my offense. There's been a severe lack of power and batting average, which of course affects every other offensive category.

My team has no right to be where they are in the standings, but I've happened to get favorable matchups seemingly every week this season. It'll revert back to the mean for all of us.

lil puff

Cano is coming back to the Mets. Typical Mets player. Do nothing and get hurt and get paid.

Lets see if he can get it together. I gotta say, I think the Mets look good this season, all considering.

lil puff

Sometimes, the overall hitting is putting pressure on that Bullpen. Thats what the Mets used to do. The Bullpen was coming in to save because they Knew no one was going to get a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom